Thunder Underground

Badnik96

Thunder Underground

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:21 am

trying out some things in an all new tournament series. lets see how they work.

4 weight classes (FW/LW/MW/HW). you can enter as many or as few as you want. Each bracket will run small groups of round-robins, with bye bots if necessary to fill out uneven brackets.

Role Play Rules

->this tournament will also use a new method of RP. RPs will be submitted via Google Forms, instead of posting on the forums or on Reddit. This will completely remove any accusations of people reading each other's RPs.

->This applies especially in terms of verbosity; RPs should not involve a 10 page dissertation of everything wrong with his robot and exactly how great your robot is; writers are expected to recognize this.  Please do not force the results writer to have to wade through over a thousand words just to get to the damn point of your strategy; this is how we get writer fatigue. "Spin2Win" is legitimately enough sometimes.

-> There's a soft RP length limit of 500 words. In the event that a single competitor consistently violates this rule and writers complain about it to me, that specific person will be given a hard limit of 500 words.

-> Use proper grammar and spelling; if we can't understand what you're saying, you aren't allowed to get mad about it :V

-> Fight cards will be posted on Sunday usually (as are results, mostly), and you will have one week to post your RPs. If the fight card is, for whatever reason, late, RPs will still be due on Saturday, barring some really long delay.

-> All RPs are due Saturday at 9 PM Pacific Time (midnight Eastern time, and I think 5 o'clock for you brits - and no using that daylights savings time excuse! :V). For consistency's sake, no late RPs will be accepted; if you can't RP on time or something comes up, get someone to RP for you.

-> If a robot has configurations that change the stat allocations of said robot (ex. Most swiss-army bots), or change the style of weapon (ex. a robot that can attach either a vertical or horizontal spinner - this should cover the rest of the swiss-army designs :P), its user must notify its opponent which configuration it is using. Other bots are not required to do so, but you're welcome to do so (especially if someone asks and it's not integral to your strategy - remember, don't be a dick :V). For this tournament, this will include the following robots:

->Fights will be judged for a total of 15 points, divided equally among 3 categories; Aggression (who initiated the attack, who's running away, who's running into fights, use of weapons - this is all regardless of how intelligent it was to do these things), Damage (obvious, I'd hope), and Control (similar to the old criteria's strategy; takes into account the intelligence of actions like a spinner running away to get their weapon up to speed, or a driver who refuses to abandon a strategy even though it is clearly not working).

Stat system:

The point system will be the same as previous tournaments with 30 points being divided up between Speed, Traction, Torque, Armor, and Weapon. The main set of rules can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yoR ... yfTiI/edit

A few notes:

-> There is a limit of 16 points on weapon power.

-> Impacts can affect more than just the area directly impacted. Robots with high armor bonuses can still experience damage to the mountings of the bonused area, or have internal components knocked loose. This can never directly cause a KO or catastrophic damage, but may cause things to stop working or parts to fall off with enough hits. Shock damage will be calculated by subtracting the chassis armor from the weapon power, and then halving it. I.e. if you have 6 chassis armor and a 14-power spinner hits your wedge, it does (14-6)/2 = 4 flat-surface damage.

-> melty brains have a 5 point bonus to traction which applies only to spinup time, just like it was in ROBOT3.

-> Projectile weapons are not subject to the weapon self-damage rules.

->Administrators reserve the right to modify a bot's individual stats based on discrepancies with the picture of the design. The administrators also have the right to reject any robot submission, stat allocation or design aspect that is considered to be unfair or exploiting the rules in any way. This especially applies to exploitative designs; I don't really care if you found this tiny part of the rules that technically makes what you're doing OK, because I'm more concerned with making everything fair than allowing for that shit. Yes this is because of Brimstone :v:

->All information about adjustable set-ups must be stated in the original post – linked albums or other such things may contain additional pictures to avoid clutter, but should not unintentionally hide extra information.

ARENA:
Pretty standard square arena with two low walls and some killsaws. The killsaws spin inwards towards the center of the arena so lighter robots don't accidentally get flung OOTA by them.

signups will end sometime after ROBOTS2 concludes.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Badnik96

Thunder Underground

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:22 am

Team Ignition

FW: Galactic Terror

bigass sloped ring spinner with interchangeable teeth/flails/long boy teeth plus top armor. two omni wheels set perpendicular from the drive train allow me to move sideways while fighting.

3/1/1/16/9

LW: Flash Flood

2wd front-hinged flipper. front wedge is shock-mounted, reducing impacts to the chassis. Two wedges, one forked and one flat.

8/7/3/1/11(+2 front wedge)

MW: Immolator

It's been a long five years but it's finally time to let this bad boy see some more use. 2wd vertical "control spinner" with interchangeable fork and wedge attachments. Can run inverted, and can also self-right using gyro, similarly to Black Dragon.

wedge: 6/4/1/10/9 (+2 front wedge)
forks: 6/4/1/12/7

HW: Night Slasher

2wd sawblaze knockoff. Utilizes rubber sheets in the anti-spinner config, much like the real one. Two different anti-spinner wedges, one for horizontals and one for verts.

standard config: 7/5/2/8/8
anti-spinner config: 7/5/2/5/11 (+3 front)
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

patrickrowberry

Thunder Underground

Post by patrickrowberry » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:28 am

team cardboard pony is here

FW.
window cleaner. a 2 wheel drive wedge with a under cutter at the back with a wide wheel base oh and don't forget its font hinged flipper at the top for self righting and maybe a few lucky attacks

speed 6
traction 4
torque 1
weapon 12 (11 /1)
armour 7 ( +2 to wedge )

LW. metal 3 a full body spinner withc is also a vacuum powered hover bored vid explains how its made

the vacuum powered bit is in the main section the top bit is a icewave style I.C.E engine on the top special made to help point the bot in the right direction

speed 6
traction 3
toque n/a
weapon 14
armour 7

MW. the fast and the grabber; uhm its a 2 wheeled drive speed grabber and it self rights all dominator 2 style using the wheels and yes its a crusher

speed 8
traction 7
toque 2
weapon 10
armour 2

HW. wedge me once shame on me wedge me twice shame on you.

two wedges the left a 2 wheeled drive inventible wedge similar to ram bot form the 4th series of robot wars and the other a basic double sided wedge with 4 wheel drive and with inverted wedge on the back

( the left on is named "left" and right is named "not left")

left
speed 7
traction 6
toque 2
armour 9

not left
speed 8
traction 6
toque 2
armour 8 ( + 2 to front wedge)

SHW. another horny one; 2 wheeled drive lifter with gruff style forks to catch on bots and lift them up 160 degrees of rotation

speed 7
traction 5
toque 2
weapon 8
armour 8 (+ 2 to wedge)

EDITED IN PROPER IMAGE TAGS - The Monsterworks
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Thunder Underground

Post by Trihunter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:41 am

Cool Story Brobotics

FW: Runaway Rabbit
Spoiler

Mischievous rabbit. Bad girl rabbit. Ill-minded rabbit. It's the rabbit of happiness.

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3
Armour: 11 (+2 plow)

A 4wd 135 degree lifter, with little wedgelets neatly under the plow to prevent tipping weirdly. The ears are just polystyrene, so we don't have any jamming incidents this time. In addition, we're bringing an optional second, Mecanum drivetrain, as well as wedgelets.

LW: This Side Down
Spoiler
In this inverted castle where everything is overturned,
I'll give you a taste of this earnest frustration!

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 2 / Armour: 13

A drive-heavy front-hinged flipper, designed to prove that even the weakest flippers have some strength to them! Comes with optional wedgelets, in two flavours.

MW: GBJ 2: MY ONE WEAKNESS!
Spoiler
No rotating!
Spoiler
Speed: 7 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 0 / Armour: 13

Speedrunners HATE HIM!

Oh no, it's back. Vovoka clone, with optional w i d e plow. Proper adhesive was applied this time, so expect some great entertainment.

HW: Squee-G
Spoiler

Ya know - there’s something about these giant Squee-Gs that’s kinda totally adorable.

Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 16
Armour: 7

A giant fuck HS, fairly standard. The blade's so huge it bisects the entire bot, which is neat.
Last edited by Trihunter on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Thunder Underground

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am

Thing

FW: Post Traumatic Stress (PTS)

YOU FOOL! YOU FELL VICTIM TO ONE OF THE CLASSIC BLINDERS :V

2WD SoW clone with a bigass overhead hammer blade. The wheels are towards the back and are slightly hinged at 20° in hopes of getting off of wedges. Can't self right but will be hard to flip due to the sheer forces of the weapon. Also has two small wedgelets just in case. Huge clones can heck off :v. Also the tribar can be have its height changed slightly upward or downward depending on the opponent I face.

Weapon: overhead fuckoff blade

Speed: 3
Traction: 1
Armor: 9

LW: We Ran Out Of Sandwiches

Backstab is retired. Time for a new face in the LW division. 4WD box with a rear hinged flipper/clamp on top flipper that has electric mechanism similar to Diablo Genesis (fires with a lot of force and can be released into clamp mode with a smaller amount of energy albeit a slower speed). This is also paired with front wheels that have about 250° degrees of movement, and three blue lifting spikes put on a hinged plow (which has about 5 degrees of freedom). Spikes can lift about 80° and has a front built with both verts and horizontals in mind. Spike lifters can also be removed for just the plow if needed as well. Did I just spend 3 points on what's essentially a flamp srimech? Yes I did :V. Second picture show all three of the weapons being used at once.

Weapons: Frontal blue lifting spikes, RH top flipper-clamp/srimech, actuated front wheels

Traction: 5
Weapon: 5(3/3/3)
Armor: 11 (+1 front)

MW: Vovoka III

2WD dustpan powered by the salt and memes of the forum :V. Now has forks and other horrid attachments

First attachment is the one we all know and love: the classic Vovoka wedge! Works as a dustpan and turns into a full cheese wedge when upside down. Has teeth to prevent monstertrucking that are on weak springs that tuck the teeth away inside the body when in dustpan mode.
Second attachment takes out the dustpan for a long reaching middle fork. It's also fully invertible and has the same sprung teeth as the dustpan. Will not affect ground clearance
Third attachment is the 🅱️ell🅱️ound config. Three long rails to keep the opponent beached and a hefty wedge in front to tank hits and get under shit. It's not invertible like the other two, but has enough weight up front that I shouldn't have to worry much about wheelies.
Also includes removable rear anti wheelie bars/wheel guards and freely rolling trackballs in front for some fun against spinners.

Weapon: no :V

Traction: 7
Weapon: 0
Armor: 13

HW: Avast!

Ahoy there wheellubbers!

You scallywags be no match for the legendary Cap'n of the 7 arenas. He's got a large engine powered by a pillaged and plundered ICE engine with a long reaching cutlass bar to protect me booty that spins at 2200 revolutions per minute, a weapon that gives no quarter. But that be not all! Yer bot's gonna be hurting when it gets scuttled by our deadly hammer! Our dear captain was told no cannons, much to our crew's dismay, SO WE'LL SINK YA WITH A DOWNWARDS CANNON BALL INSTEAD. This oughta put a hole in that vessel of yours at 15 weapon. The shaft be in two sizes, medium or large, so your crows nest won't save you, though the cannonball be somewhat hollow to make weight. And let's not forget the peg legged nature of our dear Cap'n, with 8 legs that also has limited sideways movement similar to this strange creature we heard at the pub known as Mango Pico? Quite strange. But no matter! Face us in battle or you'll walk the plank!

(Note 1: Damaging the body to create a hole will cause gold doubloons to leak out. Note 2: The hat is attached but is not part of the engine housing and is made of a mix of a fabric outside and carbon fiber inside in order to gunk saws similar to the no cutting zones on Mohawk. The eye patch is painted. Along with that, the wedge has a limit of 30°
NOTE 3: since people obviously can't read :V, there is a longer and shorter option for the hammer shaft, in the third and fourth photos respectively)

Weapons: overhead spinning blade and cannonball hammer

Weapon: 15
Armor: 10
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Thunder Underground

Post by V900 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 am

Featherweight:
Mean Bean Machine

Torque: 2
Armor: 8
Weapon: 7 (5 tento arm, 5 clamp)

Nuisance plow
Armor: 10 (+2 plow)
Weapon: 5 (5 tento/plow arm)
akshually mr vaporbot CAD maker, dr robotnik's mean bean machine is a reskin of the 1992 arcade game puyo puyo which was only released in japan and-
Mean Bean Machine is a control bot with some actual weapon and not a 1 point mystery doodad. The default setup (seen right) is a Tentomushi-style trapper with a lifter underneath, while the plow setup (seen left) has a giant plow coated in a thin plastic layer for some sheen. Said plow also has the trapping shell behind it, just in case there's ever a need for it.

Can switch between the two setups and also between what color it's wheel-hubs are.

Lightweight:
D-13

Sword
Speed: 5
Armor: 7
Weapon: 15

Thunderhead
Armor: 9 (+2 disc)
Weapon: 13

It's a fast and zippy undercutting HS. Can get up close and personal with the sword for higher damage, or negate enemy attacks with the thunderhead disc. Also features basic "please don't fuck me over writers" traits such as the nub-under-the-weapon and wheels that stick out the back.

Middleweight:
MURDERFACE THE SOUL DESTROYER

Bushidos
Speed: 8
Torque: 4
Weapon: 2

Snowplow
Torque: 4
Armor: 11 (+2 plow)

sex!

Those samurai swords are a lifter. I can't measure the surface area on the plow, but dude just trust me it's under 33% okay?

Heavyweight:
Tongue of the Fatman

Traction: 3

Meat Shield
Armor: 10 (+2 plow [& wedgelet if attached]]
Weapon: 11

The "fuck you die" flipper is back, and this time it's got burger wheels.
Yep.

It's default setup has 13 weapon, comparable to most hammers. Thing about flippers though, you can't slap a bracket on top of your bot to stop the weapon. Plowstackers beware!

50 degree stroke, arena lights WILL be broken. Wedgelets are removable on both the regular and plow setup.
Last edited by V900 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.

GuldenFlame

Thunder Underground

Post by GuldenFlame » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Team Loading is in.

FW: Lockdown

Weapon: 2

Armor: 11

A box with a hinged jaw on it. The upper jaw is the only one that works and the entire jaw setup works inverted.

LW: Stream Edge

Weapon: 12

Armor: 5

I repurposed my SHW into the LW, as Mesh was a bit of a mess. A twin HS with both Spinners running on the same motor. Weapons are on belt drive so if one stops spinning the other will continue.

MW: Toasht

Armor: 12

Front forks are hinged. Nothing special here.

HW: Frostburn

Weapon: 14

Armor: 5

Discord's reaction to it says enough. "Oh hey Ghost Raptor" "Oh hey Apex"

The wedge is hinged btw... But only like, 5 degrees.
Last edited by GuldenFlame on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.

Billy5545

Thunder Underground

Post by Billy5545 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 am

FW: Darwinian Predator Gen II

This downscaled version of a HW is a fast clamp. Returning from Reckoning: Evolution, this bot now features reworked stats. Otherwise, most of it's features are the same. The clamp is for fighting very certain opponents, while the lifter is for heavily armored opponents or those where it's necessary to lift it off the ground. Also, the tongue is hinged up to 25 degrees downward, and the whole bot's invertible

Clamp Config:

Lifter config:
Armor: 11 (+2 Lifter)

LW: HexaVortex

HexaVortex Gen II is a 4WD shell spinner. It features a circular chassis underneath it, as well as a hexagonal shell with three teeth on the corners. In addition, it also features a pole that functions both to point direction and as a srimech.

Speed: 3
Traction: 1

MW: Mecha Shapeshifter

Mecha Shapeshifter is another of our bot that we downscaled from a heavier weightclass to lighter weightclass. It is in an interchangeable bot, though for this, we have to use three configs, so we will go with the flipper config, vertical spinner config, and axe config. The VS is the main config, while others are secondary. Also, all configs feature hinged wedgelets that are limited at 45 degrees.

Flipper
Weapon: 7
Armor: 11 (+3 wedge)

Vertical Spinner config

Axe config

HW: Dardanera

A 2WD drisc, Dardanera is designed to be both powerful, as well as tanky. It features a big wedged front to protect the bot, as well as big drisc that is meant to punt opponents effectively. It's also powered by two motors for extra power, and being able to spin despite losing one chain. In addition, to get underneath opponents, it has a hinged wedge under the drisc that is put on a 25 degree limiter. And finally, the weapon is powerful enough to self right the bot in case it gets tipped over, and the wheels stick out in a way that allows the bot to drive even when inverted and the weapon gets stalled.

Regular config

Armor config
Weapon: 11
Armor: 10 (+2 front plate)
Last edited by Billy5545 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:26 am, edited 29 times in total.
Team Eagle Robotics
ARC Tourney History and Records
Spoiler
Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Axe n' Kill (MW): 0-1
Terminating Cutter Gen III (HW): 0-0
OverCleaver (SHW): 0-0
Also competing in:
Spoiler
Gametechmods: Orc's Wars Overclocked and 3, Deathmatch 2 and 3, Mech Madness 2, Destruction Evolution 2 and 3, etc
Garry's Wars: Not yet
Besiege Bots: Not yet

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Thunder Underground

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Featherweight: Leviathan

Speed: 1/ Traction: 1/ Torque: 1/ Weapon: 13 / Armor: 14

apparently my wheels being made of UHMW makes them invincible so I should probably specify that

Lightweight: Endless Clowns III

Yellow // Forks:

Green // Forks:

Yellow // ABR:

Green // ABR:

forks on the wedges are hinged independently of the wedge, but have a limited degree of movement (~2.7 degrees up (letting them still be pressed effectively), 30 or so down). Wedge limiter on the yellow ABR prevents it from being eaten by the spinner. a lighter weapon and smaller weapon motors in the Green configuration allows for the addition of a lifter assembly and shock mounting of said system.

Yellow: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 10 / Armor: 5
Green: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 spinner / 5 lifter) / Armor: 8 (+3 front - includes weapon)

Middleweight: Ritual

Standard config:

anti-vert:

anti-HS:

Standard: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 7 (5 saw/5 clamps) / Armor: 9

Anti-vert/HS: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 11 (+2 front - everything in front of the shock mounts)

Heavyweight: The Big Spook

Speed: 10 / Traction: 10 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 1 (wiggly waggly arm of doom - it'll act as a flipper for the purposes of this stat system, range of motion as seen) / Armor: 5

NOTE: that is an actual pumpkin. the entirety of the chassis is bolted to itself and the pumpkin except for the wiggly waggly arm of doom, which is directly attached to the pumpkin. This allows the internals to operate nearly as well by themselves, sans srimech.
Last edited by Venice Queen on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

British-Robotics

Thunder Underground

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Line up (Reconstruction)

FW: Violent Storm

Violent Storm is a 6WD FW Bot that has a flipper, it also has wedgelets at the front of the bot to help get underneath opponent's bots, It also has a config for anti spinners.

Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Toque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armour: 9

Anti-Spinner Config

Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 2 Weapon: 2 Armour: 11(+2 front)

LW: Ring Destructor

Normal Version

Undercutting Config

Ring Destructor is a 4WD Ring Spinner, the robot inside has a powerful motor that spins up the ring weapon and brings out it's deadly wrath with it's cutting teeth at full speed. It also features an undercutting ring config.

Speed: 3 Traction: 3 Torque 1 Weapon: 15 Armour: 8

MW: Upchuck

The old guard is back and has returned modernised and more sleeker. The weapon is powered by a single gas canister, wheel guards and a large flipper plate to give enough room to flip the target, the robot also features "Anti-Flip" wedge from the back to prevent getting toppled or flipped over easily or bouncing back on it's wheels on the arena floor.

Speed: 7 Traction: 7 Torque: 1 Weapon: 5 Armour: 10

HW - Chemical Explosion Mini

Chemical Explosion is back from retirement once more, but he's also lost a few pounds and been cut short, bye bye to the tracked locomotion and hello to the 2WD wheels. Boasting a decent bar spinner and some wedges from the sides to allow some protection on the weapon.

Speed: 4 Traction: 3 Torque: 1 Weapon: 15 Armour: 7
Violent Storm References
ImageImageImage
Upchuck References
Image Image Image
Image]
Last edited by British-Robotics on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 18 times in total.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Thunder Underground

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:26 am

Featherweight: LARGE

Hopping on that HUGE clone bandwagon. (Blame Gabe for this.)
LARGE has flexible but strong plastic wheels which bend on impact. Rubber grippy bits have been attached to their rims for better traction. The rear props are made of the same flexible plastic. The spinner can rotate in either direction.

Stats: 4 Speed / 2 Traction / 1 Torque / 14 Weapon / 10 Armor
Sketchfab Render

Lightweight: Mini Urchin

Back when it was just a young urchin, before it had grown up to be the big, scary creature it is today, Angry Urchin was a little lightweight. It hadn't grown its full set of wheels yet, so it made do with just two, and used the big curlicue on its head to get itself back upright if it fell over.
(Yes, it's a 2WD shell spinner with a wedge. The self-righting spiral doesn't move with the shell and is made of flexible plastic.)

Stats: 3 Speed / 1 Traction / 1 Torque / 16 Weapon / 9 Armor
Sketchfab Render

Middleweight: Disposal Unit

It's what you see in the render: a 4WD cross between a drum and an eggbeater. It has hinged forklets on the corners of the drum, which can be removed if they're just going to get in the way. It's fully invertible (vertically symmetrical, in fact) and so the weapon can spin either way. The wheels are made of a grippy silicone material.

Stats: 5 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 12 Weapon / 9 Armor
Sketchfab Render

Heavyweight: Mania

My first full-blown grabber-lifter. It's got extendable forks that can slide underneath the opponent to give it a better grip. The forks on top have a grippy rubber layer that holds the other robot in place after they rotate down to grab it. It's 4WD: there are two more wheels hidden behind the hinged wedgelets in front.
Mania also has a secondary configuration which swaps out the extendable forks mechanism for a wide plow attached to the lifter. (Pretend it looks as pretty as the main render. I CBA to redo all the settings in Sketchfab.)

Stats (Main Config): 7 Speed / 6 Traction / 4 Torque / 3 Weapon (2 Lifter, 2 Grabber, 2 Forks) / 10 Armor
Stats (Plow Config): 7 Speed / 6 Traction / 4 Torque / 2 Weapon (1 Lifter, 1 Grabber) / 11 Armor (+1 Plow)
Sketchfab Render (Main Version)
Sketchfab Render (Plow Version)
Last edited by attackfrog on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Fixed Disposal Unit's Stats

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Thunder Underground

Post by Madman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:04 am

Full team. Renders to be added soon.

FW

Hoarfrost IV:

Hoarfrost IV by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

8/7/3/3/9 as a flipper (used against any opponent with 12 or less weapon unless I say otherwise)

8/7/3/1/11 (+2 plow) without the flipper (used against any opponent with more than 12 weapon unless I say otherwise. Tall plow is for use against HUGE clones and spinners likely to ride up on the wedge like overcutters)

Hoarfrost can either run a bonused plow or a straight wedge, where the bonus ends where the light coloured part does. It's basically Santangelo but invertible, with wheels that stick out the top (no, it won't get stranded) and flipperless options. Both types of wedge teeth are optional.

LW

Krakatoa:

Krakatoa by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

7/6/2/5 (3/3/3)/10 - clamp, lifter, and flamer (used against control-oriented bots with weapons of 12 or less)

7/6/2/5/10 - plow (used against damage-oriented bots with weapons of 13 or more)

Krakatoa returns, the same as last time not because it'll win, but because it looks cool. Oh ya, it has a hammer blocker added this time because fuck you. wedge teeth and other small things are removable because I'm not a moron. WOn't square wave because pontoons hidden underneath. Can quickly and easily self-right.

MW

Hellcat:

Hellcat by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

8/7/4/2/9 - control statline (against control bots)

8/7/4/1/10 (+1 plow) - classic statline (against weird shit and spinners with 14 or less power)

8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow) - eat a dick, spinners statline (against deathspinners and death-hammers)

Basically Hellhound, but smaller, and white, and a cat. It has an optional hammer blocker and wedge teeth incoming. Can do everything and anything Hellhound can do. Has all of the same removable options.

HW

Hellhound:

Hellhound VII by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

8/7/4/2/9 - control statline (against control bots)

8/7/4/1/10 (+1 plow) - classic statline (against weird shit and spinners with 14 or less power)

8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow) - eat a dick, spinners statline (against deathspinners and death-hammers)

The two-time champ is back. You know what it is and what it does. Standard removable wedge teeth, piercing teeth, and hammer blocker. It's a 360 lifter, fam. What else is there to say?

Last edited by Madman on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 am

So i made an account on the forum for it to be moved the day after :V
Anyways i'm in this thing.

Update: This is actually happening now, SHW is no more, etc.
Update 2:
16 WEAPON POWER CAP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Update 3: Final update, as i reached the update limit on the forum IIRC

FW: OTSC
Fuck it i am meta now
Invertible 2WD brick.
Stats:
  • Speed: 8
  • Traction: 7
  • Torque: 4
  • Weapon: 0
  • Armor: 11(+2 to plow)
Yes, i asked the host and he said that i can actually give an armor bonus to the entire plow, only without the forks on top, so those don't get the bonus
images
I noticed that there are a bunch of HUGE clones here.
So i decided to make a config just to fight those
The armor bonus is only for the metal support things, not the rods connecting them btw
sketchfab
LW: Need For Spin
Melty brain
  • Speed: 15
  • Traction: 1
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon:3
  • Armor: 10
There are a lot of other spinners in this field, so i made the Fuck off config
Fuck off config
15/1/1/2/11(+1 to teeth)
Yes, it is actually called "Fuck off config"
And for those really powerful spinners.
MEGA Fuck off config
15/1/1/1/12(+2 to teeth)
MEGA Fuck off config
Yes, it has 14 weapon armor

MW: FREE ICE CREAM
Stats:
  • Speed: 7
  • Traction: 5
  • Torque: 5
  • Weapon: 2(1 Lifter / 1 Clamp / 1 Hammer / 1 Air-horns)
  • Armor: 11(+2 to wedge)
Dumb strafing lifter/clamp pushy thing.
The lifter can go about 180°, its only purpose really is to get a pressing wedge that might be useful.
I also have a clamp system that lets it hold the opponent while i push it like a boss, why do i even bother explaining what a clamp does lmao?
Then there is the hammer, a ghetto clamp that also lets me hammer my opponent for extra points, also quickest way to self right.
And then we have the air-horns, yes i am counting them as a weapon. All eight of them are individually controlled and play a different pitch (can be adjusted), letting me play a melody in the middle of the fight. Or also do cocky air-horn stuff idk.
Images
Anti HS PlowImage
Sketchfab

FREE ICE CREAM by YSMQTHLQYH on Sketchfab
The rollers are all yellow because fuck if i am manually coloring them
HW: Cookie Cutter
4WD lifter / clamp / saw
The saw arm comes for free with the 5 point saw.
The front wedgelets are hinged, can only move a little and can be removed entirely.
Stats:
  • Speed: 6
  • Traction: 4
  • Torque: 2
  • Weapon: 9(5 lifter /5 clamp /5 saw)
  • Armor: 9
A few more images
And no, this isn't as high as it goes.
Armor config:
  • Weapon: 8(7(5 lifter /5 saw)/1 clamp)
  • Armor: 10 (+1 to plow)
Picture of it
Expect an anti-vert edition of this config.

SHW: Equisde
XD for short, just don't ask.
SHW is no more :(
This was a joke anyways...
Last edited by YSMQTHLQYH on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:00 am, edited 20 times in total.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 pm

HA HA HA TEAM'S FINALLY FINISHED!
Team Instant Regret

Featherweight:

Bone Hurting Juice

Stats:
Weapon: 16 - 15 in Chungus Bar config
Armor: 7 - 8 (+1 bar) in Chungus Bar config

Bone Hurting Juice is a Neon Ripoff undercutter with a sturdy UHMW unibody and a selection of different
blade options, as well as different heights of top skid that allow the height of the blade when the bot
is inverted to be slightly adjusted, between about 2-7/8" at the front and 4-1/4" at the front. When
upright and fighting as an undercutter, the bar's lower edge is about 1/4" off the floor.
The bot uses the new VexPro compliant wheels, and has enough ground clearance to be tipped back about
18 degrees when inverted, or past 90 degrees when upright, without the back of the chassis touching
the ground. The wheels stick out the back, the weapon does NOT.

ADJUSTABLE STANDOFFS:
Spoiler
No standoff: when inverted the bot's front rides on the head of the weapon shaft retention bolt. Blade height is 2-7/8" to 3" when inverted, depending on blade length.
Short Standoff: A 1/2" tall UHMW skid, with a domed shape to help it ride over floor imperfections. The bot's perfectly level with this installed, and the blade height is 3-3/8" when inverted.
Tall Standoff: A 1" tall UHMW skid, with a domed shape to help it ride over floor imperfections. Tall enough to tilt the bot backward
about a degree. Blade height is 4-1/4" to 4-3/8" in the front depending on blade length.
WEAPON BAR OPTIONS:
Spoiler
Bone Hurting Juice has four interchangeable weapon bars, two with a 24" length and two
with a 20" length. All spin at basically the same tip speed of 240 mph due to the shorter bars being
geared slightly higher by using larger pulleys on the weapon motors. The long ones spin at around 3300
rpm, the short ones at 4,000 rpm.
Hook Blade: A 24" long, 7.4 lb bar. Gives BHJ a long reach for a featherweight, and has the highest MOI
and kinetic energy of any of the bar options.
Slicing Blade: A 24" long, 7.4 lb bar with forward-raked teeth. This stores a bit less kinetic energy
than the other "high-power" weapons, but it has beveled, sharp leading edges which make it perfect for slicing through
HDPE, UHMW, or other tough, but soft materials.
Thicc Blade: A 20" long, 7.4 lb bar. Similar in shape to the hook blade, but shorter and wider. Thanks
to the higher rpm, stores almost the same amount of energy and hits hard.
Chungus Blade: A 20" long, 7.3 lb bar designed for maximum durability in weapon-to-weapon hits.
One of the main weaknesses of undercutters is their vulnerability to having the weapon get bent and hit
either the floor or the chassis. Bone Hurting Juice already combats this some by having a decent
amount of clearance with both the floor and the weapon pulleys, and mounting the weapon motors
well within the blade's radius. When you bend something elastically, it curves (duh),
and the deflection closer to the center is is *way* less than at the tips. The easiest way of making
a weapon more resistant to out-of-plane bending is to make it thicker, but on an undercutter doing this
cuts into the already limited clearance. The Chungus Blade's solution? Make it wider, and in particular
strategically make it wider closer to the center, where the bending moments are higher and where a given
angular deflection has a greater effect on the distance deflected at the tip. It's more than twice as
wide at the center as at the tips! And again, the pulleys are only about halfway between the center and
the tips. It'll be hard to bend at all, let alone enough to hit its own pulleys. However, having so
much of the bar's material near the center has a price: a reduced moment of inertia. This blade is
basically the same weight as the others, but stores significantly less energy.

Lightweight:
Trustfall

Stats:
Traction: 4
Armor: 7
Weapon: 13 (12 spinner, 1 lifting forks)

Alt config:
Armor: 8 (+1 weapon bar)
Weapon: 12 (12 spinner, 1 lifting forks)

Trustfall is a vertical spinner with a twist. It has a pair of articulated lifting forks, made of UHMW with sharpened steel tips on the ends. But they're not for lifting the opponent... instead, depressing the forks allows Trustfall to rear back 75 degrees into a near-vertical handstand. At this point either the momentum of the lift, torque reaction from the drivetrain, or the force of bumping into something like, say, an opponent's wedge, makes the robot topple over backwards, slamming its disc down on anything unfortunate enough to be in the way. Essentially it works like a full-body hammersaw, and should be able to reach over many plows and attack opponents' vulnerable tops.

While Trustfall is too long for its weapon to reliably kick it back upright, the lifter lets it turn itself back over the other direction - again rising to nearly vertical at which point torque reaction does the rest. The arms' tips act as a feeder wedge when fighting as a conventional vertical spinner, but can be raised out of the way for opponents where this would be unhelpful. With the forks raised the weapon has a lot of reach for a vertical spinner and the skids on the chassis are mounted behind the lowest point on the disc, which is only 1/2" able the ground - good for dealing with undercutters.

For fights against really powerful spinners where the forks would just be a target, Trustfall can remove the lifting forks (and the shaft and gear but not the mounting blocks or gearmotor). The weight is used to mount larger variants of the titanium bracing plates which keep the weapon mounts from being bent sideways, as well as a set of top standoffs to allow for inverted operation. Yes these clear the weapon. In addition for these fights a bar can be used instead of a disc. The bars are slightly thicker (7/8" vs. 3/4") and sturdier, and their shape makes it harder for an opponent to sideswipe them, but as it turns out they have pretty much the same weight and MOI so the kinetic energy is nearly unchanged. The bars can technically be mounted with the forks but there's no weapon armor benefit to doing so.

Note: yes the weapon DOES clear the ground when inverted in the anti-spinner config, and it doesn't hit its own top standoffs either.

Trustfall has four options for the weapon: a disc with a 2" high tooth, a disc with a 1.5" high tooth, a slightly asymmetrical bar with a 1" difference in radius between the two sides, and a symmetrical two-toothed bar.

See spoiler tags for additional images showing all the blade options and demonstration of how the bot works.

BLADE CONFIGS:
Spoiler
2" Tooth Height Disc:
1.5" Tooth Height Disc:
Asymmetrical Bar:
Symmetrical Bar:
Anti-Spinner Config, Symmetrical Bar:
Anti-Spinner Config, Asymmetrical Bar:
HOW THE BOT WORKS:
Spoiler
Forks Raised:
Handstand:
Self-Righting:
Holding self up inverted:
Anti-Spinner Config, Inverted:
Proof that the robot has enough ground clearance to do its backflip maneuver:

Middleweight:
Manglerfish

STATS:

Speed: 6
Chassis Armor: 8

Momentum Saw Config (flywheel, four-pronged plow or barbed plow):
Weapon: 9 (3-point saw arm)

Heavy Plow Config (no flywheel, ABR plow or anti-vert plow):
Weapon: 7 (3-point saw arm)
Armor: 10 (+2 front plow)

Anti-Hammer Config (no flywheel, four-pronged plow, UHMW top plates):

Weapon: 7 (3-point saw arm)
Armor: 10 (+2 top panels)

ALL CONFIG IMAGES:
Spoiler
Momentum Saw (Four-Pronged Plow):
Momentum Saw (Barbed Plow):
Heavy Plow (ABR Plow):
Heavy Plow (Anti-VS Plow):
Anti-hammer top panels:
It's back, and it's deadlier than ever!

Manglerfish is a sawbot based on a variety of deep sea fish including an anglerfish (duh) and a Stoplight Loosejaw. Its main weapon is a 12" diameter diamond-coated rescue saw blade driven by a brushless motor capable of around 6 HP continuous. However, this year the saw has an upgrade: a 5 lb flywheel! This spins on the same shaft as the saw blade, but they're NOT connected directly to each other: the flywheel actually spins in the opposite direction (i.e. "upward") and five times faster, letting it store an extra
11 kilojoules of kinetic energy at full speed. This isn't a hammersaw: it's still a diamond blade, but the extra energy in the system is worth more than two seconds of the motor's full power output, and the extra inertia helps keep the saw from stalling if it's fed into the target slightly too quickly. In ARC stats terms, it increases the power of the saw somewhat.

For opponents with dangerous weapons, the flywheel can be removed, and the extra weight used for either a heavier plow (3/16" AR500 vs. 1/8") or a set of 3/4" UHMW top panels to protect against other overhead weapons. This still leaves Manglerfish with a dangerous saw, though.

There are two heavier plow options - an ABR plow with vertical top ears for fighting horizontal spinners, and pontoon plow for fighting vertical spinners - and two lighter ones - a four-pronged plow with longer middle prongs, and a plow with two extra-long forks that have "barbs" to help hold prey in place. The lighter plows can be used with either the flywheel or the anti-hammer top panels. The heavier plows
can only be used on their own.

The wheels are slightly smaller but the robot still has 1/2" of ground clearance and a beveled rear allows it to be tilted back well over 30 degrees without losing traction. The saw arm's pivot point has been moved forward by 2", giving the weapon a little more reach and making it less back-heavy, reducing the risk of wheelies (the springy "antennae" help with this as well). The saw motor is still technically "exposed," but it now fits into a slot in the middle of the chassis when the arm is retracted, which gives it a little bit more protection.

More on how the momentum saw works:
Spoiler
In case people were wondering... wait, how's the flywheel spinning faster than the saw? Here's how that
works. The weapon motor has a 12 tooth sprocket on it, which is connected to a 30-tooth sprocket on the saw for a gear ratio of 1:2.5. In addition, there are a pair of idlers on the same chain which guide it along the shape created by the bend in the arm and the position of the weapon motor without sticking out. The slack-side idler has 11 teeth, so it spins slightly faster than the motor, with a gear ratio of 12:11, and because it's on the "outer" side of the chain it spins the opposite direction as the other sprockets. Attached to this is a 22-tooth sprocket which drives a second chain that's connected to a 12-tooth sprocket attached to the flywheel, for a gear ratio of 11:6. The product of the gear ratios is (12*11):(11*6) = 132:66 = 2:1, so the flywheel spins twice as fast as the motor, and five times as fast as the saw. With the motor spinning at 8,000 rpm (a little below its no-load speed) the saw spins at 3,200 rpm and the flywheel at 16,000 rpm.
Armor Bonus Areas:
Spoiler
Chassis surface area excluding front (covered by plow) and bottom, including the vertical projected area
of sloped portion of rear: 3.66 ft^2
Anti-Horizontal Plow: 1.72 ft^2 (32% of total area)
Anti-Vertical Plow: 1.72 ft^2 (32% of total area)
Four-Pronged Light Plow: 1.83 ft^2 (33% of total area, no armor bonus)
Barbed Light Plow: About 2 ft^2 I think? Forks have a lot of overlapping portions (35% of area, no armor bonus)
Anti-Hammer Top Panels (both combined): 1.5 ft^2 (part of area normally included in chassis. 27% of area with
four-pronged plow, less with barbed plow)
Additional Images:

Heavyweight:
T-Pose to Assert Dominance

Armor: 13

T-Pose to Assert Dominance might look like a 2WD bot, but it is actually 4WD! It uses a drivetrain setup called Coaxial Mecanum Drive, which basically works like a conventional Mecanum system but with the front pair of wheels moved backwards and inward (or outward) so that all four wheels are in a straight line. The left and right pairs of wheels each spin on a common dead shaft, but are driven by separate motors and can move fully independently of each other. Control works basically the same as a conventional Mecanum: if all four wheels spin forward or backward, the robot moves forward or backward. If both left wheels move forward and both right wheels move backward the robot turns right, and vice versa. With the pairs of wheels moving in unison, the sideways forces from the mecanums balance out. However, driving the inner and outer wheels in opposite directions makes the forward and backward forces cancel out, but the lateral forces act in the same direction, and results in sideways motion. E.g. driving the outside right wheel forward, the inside left wheel backward, the inside left wheel forward, and the outside left wheel backward causes the robot to strafe to the left. As with normal Mecanums, combining these by driving the wheels at different speeds allows for full omnidirectional motion. However, because the wheels are coaxial, all four can rest on the ground while allowing the front of the robot to pivot around the wheel axle, which keeps the front wedge's weight on the floor just like a two-wheel drive robot. The back of the chassis is also shaped so that tipping the bot backward never breaks the wheels' contact with the floor - and moderate sideways tilts still keep one wheel on the ground.

T-Pose doesn't have an active weapon; what it does have is a fast, powerful, strafing drivetrain, low wedges, W I D E B O I status, and ridiculous amounts of armor. The front and side frame rails are 1-1/2" aluminum; the sides
are pocketed to fit the gears(inboard) and chains (outboard) driving the wheels, but the front is solid. The back is solid 1" aluminum, and the top and baseplate are 1/4". There are four different plow options:

Config A: The widest version, with a 2" thick, 8 foot wide slab of UHMW plastic covering the front of the bot. Mainly intended for horizontal spinners; you can't get corner damage if you're hitting a flat vertical surface! The six
floor-scraping prongs are mostly there to keep the bot from getting stuck on its face, but can also deal with some wedges. The prongs are 3/8" tall; for opponents who can consistently hit lower than that the prongs can be put
on the top of the plow instead. And for the high-mounted spinners and flails out there, the plow's height of 6-1/2" extends 1/2" above the tops of the wheels!

Config B: Mostly for dealing with vertical spinners. Has four 3/4" thick AR500 forks, with prongs on both the top and bottom so it still has at least some wedging capability if it's inverted. The bottom forks are longer to avoid
faceplanting. Hopefully these will "catch" feeder wedges and keep verts from making contact at all, but even if a vert manages to hit the plow behind it, that's sloped 1/4" AR400, with plates on the bottom and back and internal
reinforcing plates to help keep it from bending. Plow is 5 ft wide in total.

Config C: Has ridiculously long (2-1/2 ft long) forks attacked to a vertical back plate. Good luck outreaching this thing! This config is also fully top/bottom symmetrical, and is usable against vertical spinners, drums,
or various control weapons that are likely to frequently overturn T-Pose. Everything's made of 1/4" AR400 plates; the forks, the side gussets, the vertical mounting plate, and the bracing behind the parts of the plow
that overhang the sides of the chassis to prevent bending (these "ears" prevent getting stuck on its side).

Config D: Meant for fighting hammers, saws, crushers, and any other top-attacking weapons. It combines four 3/4" AR500 forks similar to the anti-vert plow with a vertical backing plate similar to the long forks plow. Again it's 1/4"
AR400. Unlike the others it's not solid, with weight-reducing holes in it since this one's not meant for spinner fights - but behind those holes there's still an inch and a half of aluminum. This is the lightest of the plows, with
the extra weight being used to mount either an additional 1/4" AR400 top plate or 1/8" AR400 top and bottom plates over the aluminum covers (Note: no effect on stats, just for realism).

ADDITIONAL IMAGES:
Spoiler
Back view: note that the back of the chassis is curved so the wheels stay on the ground if the robot is tipped backwards.
Back structure of anti-hammer plow. The long forks plow is similar.
Back structure of anti-VS plow.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Featherweight: RipTide

RipTide by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Stats: 6/4/1/10/9

Vertical spinner and ROBOT2 champion is back with the same large, hollow drum and wedge options as before: standard Surfboard, Longboard, and Boogie Board. Let's see if it can beat HFL's new death-HS like it beat the last one.

For ease of RPing, always assume that the standard 'Surfboard' config will be used unless I say otherwise in Discord.

Lightweight: Blood Diamond

Blood Diamond by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Config One: 8/6/2/5/9

Config Two: 8/6/2/3/11(+2 flipper)

It's more or less a slightly improved redo of Black Diamond, my HW champion from CBC3. The wedge teeth are removable and stuff. The return for the flipper mechanism is tensioned so that, yes, this acts like a proper 2WD wedge.

For ease of RPing, always assume that the first config will be used unless I say otherwise in Discord.

Middleweight: Abyss

Abyss by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Config One: 4/2/1/16/7

Config Two: 4/2/1/14/9(+2 wedges)

Config Three: 4/2/1/14/9 (+2 upper surface)

The ROBOTS 3 champ returns. It's the same vert as before, with optional wedge teeth, just with a couple more weapon/armour options.

For ease of RPing, always assume that the first config will be used unless I say otherwise in Discord.

Heavyweight: Death's Head Sarsaparilla

Death&#39;s Head Sarsaparilla(1) by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Configuration One: 2/1/1/17 (+3 turret)/9 -or- 2/1/1/17 (+1 turret)/10

Death&#39;s Head Sarsaparilla by FloatingCastleRobotics on Sketchfab

Configuration Two: 2/1/1/16/10 (+1 teeth)

What would happen if a battlebot met a late nineteenth century locomotive boiler met East Kentucky moonshine? I honestly don't know how many people would even think to ask that question, but here's the answer anyway! I swear I wasn't drinkin' any of the stuff when I made this.

Barrel aged to perfection and supreme potency is Death's Head Sarsaparilla. A diesel-powered shell spinner (I'd have liked to do steam, but that's just not even close to viable), it uses its functional smokestack as a self-righting pole. A close examination reveals the filigree work on the teeth and parts of the shell, as well as spoked chrome wheels supporting whitewall tires, loosely based off of the 1930s-era Auburn Boattail Speedster. But dontcha go thinking this diabolical contraption is all show and no go. Step up and take a shot at your own peril.

For ease of RPing, always assume that the first config will be used against control bots and the second will be used against damaging bots unless I say otherwise in Discord.

Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.