The Exhibition at the Gentleman's Club

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:56 am

<big><big>[font=vladimir script] Please, look at everyone's machines, and chat about them&#33; And then, once you are done, please give your opinions on their creations on this board.[/font]</big></big>

<small>(Please. I'd like not to just pull byes out of a hat.)</small>
Last edited by Mole55 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm pulling out if all the results are going to be in that font :v:

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:44 pm

I
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Italics are dark horse and people shouldn't take my word as law. you know the drill... ya know usually I like, excel chart all the stats and shit but I was too lazy to do it this time around so you just get me fucking around. LETS GO

Featherweights

1. Mr Halsworth
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:28 am

Well, I forgot to do seedings, but since the brackets are up now I might as well do predictions.

Featherweight:

Week 1: Apparently we don't have self-damage for flippers :V. That's bad news for Laz and his 5 armor, and I think Wyvern will take the only fight this week, although Talons Out could make it a fairly difficult battle - until Wyvern gets a flip.

Week 2: That means I'm stuck fighting Wyvern. That still probably won't end well for me. I can stand up to the punishment better than TO, but even if he can't KO or OOTA me the damage score could decide the match. Sling Shot is going to toss Catcher in the Rye all over the place even if it isn't too wide to be grabbed. Mr. Hallsworth vs. Phalanx could be close, but I think Hallsworth has overall better ability to control the match, as well as possibly causing the only (minor) damage if Wolf goes for the gimmicky weapons. Finally, Nuisance vs. Magica: They're both extremely fast. I think Magica has the advantage in the open since it's slightly faster and I'm not sure I trust the rear wedge on Nuisance's dustpan. It's theoretically OOTA-capable, but I doubt it'll happen with Nuisance's awkward shape. Oh, and in the losers' bracket Talons Out gets a bye.

Week 3: In the winners' bracket I think we'll have a clash of the titan flippers between Wyvern and Sling Shot. Sling Shot has to get the OOTA quickly here, because it's still taking 5 damage from Wyvern's flips, but it can theoretically do it. However I'm still going tentatively with Wyvern. Meanwhile Mr. Hallsworth should be fighting Magica. Not sure how the mechanum treads will hold up against a grinding drum, and Magica's self-righting is still dubious thanks to the angle its flipper opens at, but it is fast and OOTA-capable. I'll actually go with Magica. Meanwhile in the losers' bracket, Talons Out&#33; will probably beat Nuisance as well.

Week 4: Winner's Bracket: Wyvern vs Magica, and... I think Wyvern wins this one too. Despite Magica's speed, it has only 6 armor, and doesn't have the power to reliably get the OOTA it needs. In the loser's bracket, Talons Out beats Phalanx, and I think Solifuge can take down Catcher in the Rye, especially because Pat didn't put a lifter on it this time.

Week 5-7: At this point Wyvern will be sitting things out at the top of the winners' bracket. In the losers' bracket, it'll be Sling Shot vs. Talons Out&#33; Hell if I know. But Sling Shot can actually keep up with TO, which could be crucial in getting it the win, whether by OOTA or by throwing it around, so I'll pick it. Solifuge will fight Mr. Halsworth. Halsworth has better traction but a worse wedge. Even when pressing it will have trouble with Solifuge's forks, and the drum won't do much. I think Solifuge moves on to fight Sling Shot, who probably beats it due to higher speed. I expect Sling Shot to also beat Magica.

Week 8: The Grand Finals, and it's... a Wyvern vs. Sling Shot rematch. TBH Wyvern probably wins this one too. Goddamnit why did nobody enter something with a destructive weapon in this class?

Heavyweight:

Week 1: Uhh... Aphelion > Permafrost, Food Grade Plutonium > MiDAS, Trident > 02's Mentally Handicapped Cousin (rofl), NHS vs. Mechalis MK3 (with the srimech piston Mechalis can't KO, and he's facing a monster flipper), Sudden Death > America Offline (as much as it pains me to say it, I think he can outwedge and push better and neither can do much damage anyway), Fathom > IMMA Scatman (either Fathom will get flipped in an impact, it'll get shredded by Scatman's saw, or it will fucking impale Scatman's entire body. Given the drivetrains I think the latter is more likely).

Week 2: In the winners' bracket... Meanstreak II > Aphelion, Food Grade Plutonium > Trident, NHS Mk3 > Amon, Sudden Death > Fathom (3 armor lol, and it could easily flip itself). In the loser's bracket... MiDAS > 02's Mentally Handicapped Cousin (ayy lmao), America Offline > IMMA SCATMAN (wedge blocks chainsaw, AO's faster, and can KO with repeated hits).

Week 3: In the winners' bracket... Food Grade Plutonium > Meanstreak II, NHS MK3 > Sudden Death (yeah, this time SD's opponent can actually KO). In the losers' bracket... Permafrost > Fathom (no way will it not flip itself / get crushed), MiDAS > Crush-a-mon (ordinarily I'd say Spectre hype would give crushers a chance, but as much as Pat has improved his RPs still aren't at Nick's level), Trident > Mechalis (big drivetrain advantage + spatula + good enough armor to not get KOed), Aphelion > America Offline (equal speed, Aphelion has a better wedge, AO can't cause any damage while Aphelion can OOTA.

Week 4: In the winners' bracket... Food Grade Plutonium > NHS MK3 (FGP is the perfect design to force NHS to OOTA itself while self-righting, and could possibly suplex it out as well). In the losers' bracket... Permafrost > MidAS (could go either way, but Permafrost has enough poor to do damage and a decent drivetrain), Trident > Aphelion (not unwinnable but his spatula could make angling in a serious threat).

Weeks 5-7: Winners' bracket bye for Food Grade Plutonium. In the losers' bracket... Meanstreak II > Permafrost (speed + better wedge), Trident > Sudden Death (saw racks lol). Trident > Meanstreak II (equal drivetrains, but spatula > drum with wide skids). Finally, Trident > NHS MK3 (same weakness as Aphelion).

Grand Final: Food Grade Plutonium > Trident. It might win one match but not two.