the royla rumble prediction thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 am

the order may has been sorted yet but we know who's entered and lets try and guess who will be last robot standing.

my predictions

1.Dani California: a thwack with bricks should so amazingly well only 3 robots may challege it but is fast enough to aviod them should have a great shot at this even though comes in first

2.Midnight Sunderland: its hellhound, and there are no axe's should do very well

3. Howler's last ride: destructive spinner that bricks struggle with coming in very late chould be a big shock

4.Violent Paper Shredder: power + good driver = the fact most robots wil lbe half gone when it enters

5.Ikea's Guard Dog: a hellhound clone that is dead i nthe middle chould get a few robots i ntrouble though

6.sir grabs a lot; may stuggle but chould pull a tan and put every robot i n the pit

7.advanced robot: last years champ, unsure if ti wil lwin agai nwith all the lfiters and brick killers

8.Mean Girl: this bot works in a 1 vs 1 fight it won't do so well in a rumble

9. null: uhm its fast i guess

10. Minilulz: rolf

11. BIG RED CROC COCK FOR THE NINTENDO 69 : kamazaki bot

12. ASCIIBot 2: Electric Sproutaloo; death by drunk driving

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:56 am

null. is gonna wedge all you mothers into the 7th of February :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:24 pm

here's my predictions, didn't take into account the starting order. looks like most people ignored the fact that this is a uk ant tournament, some of these are not possible to build inside 150g and a 4 inch cube. i also don't know why we are using a scaled down robot wars arena.

1-3 The best robots. Might not win as I doubt this will be written as if the robots are antweights, but in the real world they would fare best.
1 null - the best entry here. bit low on armour but most spinners here won't hurt it.
2 advanced robot - 4wd pusher, tried and tested design. also probably the best wedge.
3 Ikea's Guard Dog - solid design, though robots will slip off the wedge when it lifts. wheels are also vulnerable.

4-7 These don't quite work as antweights, but they will probably do ok, maybe even have a small chance of winning.
4 sir grabs a lot - Side grabbers don't really work as antweights but should be able to push around anything with less torque. one of the
few robots designed with uk ants in mind
5 Dani California - good luck fitting a wedge and a decent thwack into a 4 inch cube.
6 Midnight sun - The thin arms will soon snap off, leaving the wheels exposed to anything with a weapon. other than that it's ok.
7 Violent paper shredder - This probably won't quite work as an antweight, as it will have trouble turning and the weapon won't do much. Also, the description says it runs inverted but the picture doesn't.

8-12 Joke bots and shitty robots that are impossible to build.
8 Minilulz - this will do fuck all, i don't care about your batteries
9 BIG RED CROC COCK FOR THE NINTENDO 69 - funny meme
10 Mean Girl - yeah this isn't possible either, nobody uses omni wheels in an antweight.
11 Howler II - This would never work as an antweight, even if you did somehow build it it would snap at the first impact.
12 ASCIIBot 2: Electric Sproutaloo - LOL

Overall, most people have either entered jokes or forgotten it's an antweight tournament, though the writer probably has as well.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Dec 26 2017, 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div>5 Dani California - good luck fitting a wedge and a decent thwack into a 4 inch cube.
[/quote]>implying the entire robot isn't foldable origami art
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

It's okay because the 4 inch cube is a fucking stupid rule.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>Dec 26 2017, 10:23 PM</dd></dl><div>It's okay because the 4 inch cube is a fucking stupid rule.[/quote]Suddenly Deus Ex
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>Dec 26 2017, 10:23 PM</dd></dl><div>It's okay because the 4 inch cube is a fucking stupid rule.[/quote]no its a great rule and forces you to think about the design. it also stops people putting a ton of acetate on their wedges.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:53 am

I get the feeling that one is still free to load their wedge with a lot of acetate even if they
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 28 2017, 09:53 AM</dd></dl><div>I get the feeling that one is still free to load their wedge with a lot of acetate even if they

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am

Of course you cant tell us these real reasons tho lol
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 28 2017, 11:31 AM</dd></dl><div>Of course you cant tell us these real reasons tho lol[/quote]it forces you to think creatively

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 pm

That
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 28 2017, 12:48 PM</dd></dl><div>That

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Does it strike anyone else as odd that this pat tourney that everyone shitposted in is the only one that playzooki takes seriously? &#129300;

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>V900</dt><dd>Dec 28 2017, 01:43 PM</dd></dl><div>Does it strike anyone else as odd that this pat tourney that everyone shitposted in is the only one that playzooki takes seriously? &#129300;[/quote]that's the joke