Fight Screenshots - Tournament Idea

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 am

This is an experimental idea of mine that is based on whether everyone likes the idea or not.

Essentially, since I have both the arena and potential access to a lot of bot cad files, I was thinking of doing "fight of the week" screenshots of individual matches. If I can gather enough cads and replicas of bots from the Reckoning tournament, I might even do multiple pics for each fight card. For all non-cad bots (like FishofDoom's) I was planning on doing some careful replicas.

If you are not interested in this idea and don't want to participate, let me know you opt out. For everyone else, if you are interested let me know and if you have a file that would be compatible with Rhinoceros 2.0, you can send the cad file to me at hackieman77@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>For all non-cad bots (like FishofDoom's)[/quote]

not anymore

I believe philip's our sole paint bot man now

But yeah, I totally dig this idea. I remember there was something similar in Defiance, for the rumbles. Pics of any kind of spinner getting a hugeass hit would be awesome. Better yet, Spinner vs Spinner collision. So many possibilities here.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:05 am

Perseus is pretty much the only bot here that I did solely in Rhino3D. The rest I used 3DS Max for. Dunno if it'd work...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 01:05 AM</dd></dl><div> Perseus is pretty much the only bot here that I did solely in Rhino3D. The rest I used 3DS Max for. Dunno if it'd work... [/quote]
I'm Pretty sure 3ds max files can be imported.

Unfortunately, my models are on my house computer and I'm here on my laptop in college, so they're not with me..

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 01:06 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 01:05 AM</dd></dl><div> Perseus is pretty much the only bot here that I did solely in Rhino3D. The rest I used 3DS Max for. Dunno if it'd work... [/quote]
I'm Pretty sure 3ds max files can be imported.

Unfortunately, my models are on my house computer and I'm here on my laptop in college, so they're not with me.. [/quote]
I know, but the texturing will be completely removed.

ACAMS

Post by ACAMS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 am

Somebody broke into my house, wiped me out and picked me clean.......had everything backed up on a hard drive in my stolen computer.....don't know what I miss the most, my guns or my computer. Had a 1961 Fender Jazz bass guitar and stereo stolen too, but I miss my comp and my guns the most.
I guess I can try to remake mine, but I am already having trouble making an exact copy of Riot Controls wheels....forgot how I did it.

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 am

>_< The bastards...

My CADing skills are on par with those of your common or garden hedgehog, but I'd be willing to allow the ones other people have done for me to be used (Martijn and Kody mostly). I think it's a great idea as well, will look very good and with all the CADs around of shiny new robots we need to even it out and make a few pics of them getting torn up...

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:49 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 05:46 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>For all non-cad bots (like FishofDoom's)[/quote]

not anymore [/quote]
Well I did them in Lightwave, and I have no idea is .lwo files are compatible with rhino. I could export them as .3ds files, though I have no idea what would happen to my awesome textures. If you think either of those file types would work, Schramm, I'll email them to you.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fish Of Doom</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 09:49 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 05:46 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>For all non-cad bots (like FishofDoom's)[/quote]

not anymore [/quote]
Well I did them in Lightwave, and I have no idea is .lwo files are compatible with rhino. I could export them as .3ds files, though I have no idea what would happen to my awesome textures. If you think either of those file types would work, Schramm, I'll email them to you. [/quote]
Yeah, I'm worried about my textures too if I export them, I'm sure they'll be deleted.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Send me a copy of whatever texture you used as well and I will try to apply them. I won't go out of my way to make them look exactly like your bots especially if there's immense detail involved. I don't see that as a big deal though. Back in the day when Dylan used to do paint pics of whatever fight of the week he did, the bots he replicated would be pretty generic looking. I remember him doing Neptune and I surely didn't expect him to replicate Neptune's pain-in-the-ass paintjob, but everybody still loved them anyways.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Cool.

PM sent, Chris.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fish Of Doom</dt><dd>Jan 13 2009&#44; 09:49 AM</dd></dl><div> Well I did them in Lightwave, and I have no idea is .lwo files are compatible with rhino. [/quote]
Rhino supports LightWave.

Here's everything else it supports.
Chris may have a copy of AutoCAD as well. If not, I do. So Chris, if you get a file you can't open, forward it to me and I'll see if AutoCAD can open it.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 am

The files I got from Kodebreaker didn't open because he used a newer version compared to my Rhino 2.0 edition. Thankfully, most of us ARCers still have that same edition I do. I will forward those files to you, Paul, maybe you can reinsert them into the version of Rhino I use. Dylan can send his lwo files to me, too. I doubt I can open those either but it's worth a shot and I can even forward those along. I could even try to open them in AutoCAD I have at work and see if that works.

Kody, I went ahead and maybe a close replica to one of your bots, anyways, so you could still have a fight of the week pic. It just didn't feel right to have you send me all your stuff and it not working so I took the liberty.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:58 am

Gah, curse older Rhino versions&#33; lol (I got Rhino 4.0 and the Flamingo 1.1 plug-in. Random note.)

Yeah it's okay, Chris. Will be interesting to see this replica, but I appreciate that you did that, thanks a lot. B)

ACAMS

Post by ACAMS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I have Rhino 2, and 3 and Max 4.2, 5.1,7 and 9.......maybe I can convert them for you.