Cherry Bomb Classic 2 Prediction Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 pm

hbw:

1-Ververg
2-Banana For Scale
3-Love Hurtz
4-zip zap zoo
5-Tiger
6-Gas^3
7-Nanael
8-Trans Europe Express
9-Nuclear Plague 2.0
10-Chill Out
11-Shiki
12-Jokulhaup
13-Demiurge
14-Rogue Wave
15-Chronic Jobber
16-Minigame
17-Conniptions Man
18-3 Degrees Of Ripping Off
19-Moroes
20-Higanbana
21-Mean Girl
22-Osclilator
23-Teacup Tempest
24-PMD:CR
25-Standard Template Construct
26-Swiftsure
27-Permafrost

fw

1-Capitol Punishment
2-Talons Out!
3-KillTank
4-Drop Zone 2
5-Loud Love
6-Irritant
7-Tria Prima
8-Witty Name Pending
9-ramshock
10-You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire
11-Ryōbi
12-Marisa Kirisame
13-GIVE YOUR MEAT
14-Hyperion
15-Bloody Maryam
16-Solomon
17-Gaster 2
18-Salamandra
19-Harrison Howell
20-The Thieving Magpie, A 2wd flipper
21-The Placid Casual
22-Narumeia
23-Vorpal Bunny
24-Hopscotch Pilgrim
25- Ricochet
26-My Name Is Mud
27-Poseidons Wrath 3
29-Pingu
30-Moderne Gibbon

lw
1-White Lightning 2
2-Wild Child
3-Spunky Skunky
4-No Exit
5-Tarantula
6-Ayame
7-Shade Fist
8-Scarab
19-Mouser Mecha-Fatbot
10-cuddle time
11-Witness Me!
12-Arcade Queen
13-Game Over
14-Obsession
15-Tidal Wave II
16-Tastes Like boring
17-
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:00 pm

It's a bit early for proper predictions, but I'll have a go at this anyway. Gonna start with hobbyweight and edit the others in as I go.

<big>HbW:</big>
1. Rogue Wave: I like that it doesn't rely on armor bonuses to be tanky, thereby making it less weak to hammers (ie. Love Hurtz, the only hammer in this class so far). It's also fast and just generally a strong design.

2. Nuclear Plague: A pretty standard vertical spinner that matches up favorably against almost everything. Vertical spinners are the future, folks.

3. Tiger: Another fast robot without armor bonuses to weigh it down. Lack of a particularly good wedge keeps it from being the top spot, but with good driving (which we know Laz is capable of), it has a decent shot at the title.

4. Banana for Scale: I know it's a joke bot, but it's also a solid lifter design with good stats. It loses half of its torque on a technicality, but even so, this will be hard to beat.

5. Jokulhaup: A strong spinner that won't deal with the turning issues typical of strong spinners because of its counter-rotating weapons. There's not much that can stop this thing in the current lineup.

6. Love Hurtz: The lone hammer of hobbyweight, Love Hurtz gets the high placement it has for its ability to deal with plow-stackers. Its options are limited against spinners, but I expect this one to take down a few title favorites.

7. Shiki: I'm not sure what's so attractive about the 4/2/1/16/7 stat spread because everyone and their mothers are using it, but it works here.

8. Gas^3: I really don't like that plow shape, but it should be a nice and pushy bot anyway. Dark horse pick.

9. 3 Degrees of Ripping Off: I said earlier that vertical spinners are the future, but this one... you know, it's right it the uncanny valley. I can't tell if it's good or bad, so it's landed itself right in the middle of the rankings.

10. Trans Europe Express: The wedge looks a little light, but it's so fast that it might not matter too much. Would be higher if Boto had a good RPing history.

11. Moroes: It's an overhead spinner, but tilted. I'm not sure I like this, since it loses the anti-multibot strength that overheads have, but as there aren't any multibots yet, that may not be an issue. Still, it's slow, and anything that can move is going to flank the hell out of it.

12. Demiurge: Standard ring spinner which, unfortunately, doesn't match up well against very much.

13. Standard Template Construct: Kind of a weird shape and low power for a horizontal spinner, but it's at least functional. Another dark horse pick.

14. Zip Zap Zoo: This has all the makings of a strong flipper, and all the trappings that come with designing a flipper too quickly. Do I dare put two dark horses next to each other? I do&#33;

15. Chronic Jobber: Rear wedge is kinda useless, spinner has too many teeth and might need more power. Could pick up some surprise wins against stuff with lower armor but I'm just not feeling it.

16. Osclilator: I'm not sure if the typo in the name was intentional or not, but I guess that doesn't really matter. I'm seeing something that tries to be HWR without understanding why HWR works. It does have a good angle for hitting wedges, at least, but its weapon stat is too low for that to matter against most opponents. Might do well, but I don't trust it.

17. Ververg: So the problem with making a bristlebot with a wedge is that the whole robot has to vibrate to move, so the wedge is gonna be vibrating, too, and, well... yeah, I don't trust its wedging capability. I do like the turning and reversing solution, though. Assuming the bristles are aligned properly for it to work, it's kinda clever.

18. Chill Out: It's a nice and strong vertical spinner, but the wedge is on the wrong side. Prove me wrong, I guess.

19. Minigame: Blows up in four hits, but it hits hard. Probably will end up being a forfeit counter unless someone seriously screws up their RP against it.

20. NeonCalypso's unnamed thingy: After taking a long look at the pictures, I noticed that one of the teeth seems to be angled downward. In order for this tooth to not collide with the chassis, the weapon would have to encircle the whole robot, disqualifying it from the +4 armor bonus it relies on to not explode. Left with the +2 bonus, it blows up in 5 hits like Minigame, but lacks the damage to do so and also win fights occasionally. Combined with a lack of wedge and one-way-up design, it really has nothing going for it.

<hr />
<big>FW:</big>
1. Ry&#333;bi: Wedgey flipper is wedgey. Slightly weak to hammers but a solid bot regardless.

2. Talons Out&#33;: Fast wedge, high armor, all great stuff. Should get far as long as he doesn't use the clamp config against a spinner again :v: It also seems compact enough to not have to worry too much about hammers, but if it gets hit by one it'll straight up die.

3. KillTank: Another fast wedge. It'll suffer against hammers, if they can even get a hit in.

4. Bloody Marayam: "wtf brad what's a grinding drum doing this high up" Hey now, consider this: 7 speed, good control, a lifter, and high frontal armor. It's a textbook brick that happens to be able to make sparks. Its hammer weakness, slow lifter, and relatively inexperienced team keep it out of the top 3, however.

5. Meat Rub: I feel dirty putting this in the top 5, but credit where credit's due: it's a fast flipper with high armor and no hammer weakness. It's only outside the top 3 because of its limited effective wedge surface.

6. Vorpal Bunny: A powerful Tombclone and surprisingly resilient with its alternate bar. Its speed won't hurt it too much, as it proved back in BoR. Despite being outside the top 5, Vorpal Bunny is champion material.

7. Harrison Howell: A fast control spinner, but it might have a little too much weapon power and too little armor for its purposes.

8. Gaster 2: Brick. Might have a bit of a hammer weakness, and looks unwieldy. Let's call this one a dark horse.

9. Solomon: One of four hammers in featherweight. Its anti-spinner config could do with some more armor, but its ability to OHKO opponents that get too close will nab it some unexpected wins.

10. Hyperion: This thing's actually really clever. I just don't trust its ability to aim its flipper. Dark horse pick.

11. Marisa Kirisame: We're outside the top 10, and we still have quality entries coming out of the woodwork. Geez. Anyway, Marisa Kirisame is a fast 2WD flipper. I think it might need some more armor, but it's solid nonetheless.

12. Salamandra: Never trusted sawbots much, but considering the rest of the field, Salamandra has a lot of winning matchups.

13. Tri Prima: I think the main bot is too slow, but swarming tactics will be effective against a lot of opponents. Dark horse pick.

14. Pingu: The wheel placement will hurt its aiming ability, and the plow is very much experimental, but having a hammer is a plus in this meta.

15. Drop Zone 2: I'm not liking the wedge, and the plow is... odd. And I say that as the person who designed it.

16. Witty Name Pending: So much potential here, but the articulating chassis weirds me out. Dark horse pick.

17. Loud Love: So normally, the lack of wedge is a concern, but Loud Love makes it work by being hard to wedge itself, whilst also packing 2 hammers to punish plow stackers with. Spinners will eat it for lunch, but it might take out a few higher-placed bricks before getting ripped apart by virtue of its weirdness.

18. My Name is Mud: Firstly, its armor bonus is illegal on multiple counts. That aside, the hammer config is too weak to deal with even the worst armor stackers. The vertical spinner config has promise, though.

19. Ramshock: Fast lifter, but it needs more armor and it'll lift itself more than its opponents thanks to bad leverage.

20. Irritant: It's sooooo close to being good. A little more armor and a wheel count will go a long way for this one.

21. The Placid Casual: Its weapon breaks in 5 hits, but my goodness will it hurt things until then. It's also an awkward shape for hammers to hit.

22. Io: It's a fun bot, but ultimately it's just not competitive. High damage counts for something though.

23. Poseidon's Wrath 3: I have to put this at the bottom on account of the picture being too small for me to tell what it is. Sorry.

<hr />
<big>LW:</big>
1. Ayame: Solid flipping wedge, good armor, made by our resident cheese block master.

2. Wild Child: Reminds me of Pyrite, and that's a good thing.

3. Shade Fist: Literally just Black Dog, and considering how well that one did in ROBOTS, Shade Fist will probably do well here in CBC2.

4. Spunky Skunky: Boto's RP history is the only reason this isn't my #1 pick.

5. Sleipnir: super weak to hammers, but it's fast and can do pretty much anything with its extra configs. A vast improvement from the original version, for sure.

6. Tidal Wave II- It did well in ROBOTS, and I don't see any reason it shouldn't do well here.

7. Tastes Like Boring- My personal favorite of our collection of lightweight clamps. Solid design, but might run into hammer trouble.

8. Elrathia: Failed design my ass. It may not be consistent, but it hits hard and gets wins when it counts.

9. Razro: It's a lifter. Lifters are usually good. The spinning bar is a bizarre choice, but I think I can make it work.

10. Mouser Mecha-Catbot: Uprising: I think the flipper has 13 armor on it, but it's also right on that 1/3 surface area limit. Assuming the bonus is deemed legal, only other fast wedges will be able to fight this and win.

11. &#1058;&#1056;&#1048; &#1055;&#1054;&#1051;&#1054;&#1057;&#1050;&#1048;: Fast box wedge thing yay memes.

12. Vesta: I've never trusted Vesta, but it did alright last time it competed so I'll put it up a few spaces higher than I really should.

13. If You Hate It Hit It With A Ring (Spinner): <del>Fix your damn mecanums, then we'll talk.</del> Now that the mecanums are set up properly, the strafing should work as intended. With all the exposed wheels and low armor values around, this one has a good shot at a playoff run.

14. Bamlathwack II: Horizontal spinners seem pretty decent in this field, actually. This one's generic, but it should be able to take on a lot of the other competitors comfortably.

15. Game Over: Not a fan of the shape, but it has solid stats. Could get far with some extra effort in the RPs.

16. Slam Down: Holy crap, it's competitive&#33;

17. White Lightning 2: I think you forgot to put armor on it.

18. Needles: Off-center wedge aside, it's not a bad hammer bot.

19. Arcade Queen: Tastes Like Boring, but less impressive. I thought it would be higher, actually. Competition is just that tight.

20. No Exit: Janky, but it's proven that it can win. I feel bad putting it this low, but the more conventional stuff is easier to trust.

21. Cuddle Time&#33;: Using a hammer as the top jaw of a clamp doesn't seem practical, and it looks like it'll have a lifter weakness. And a hammer weakness. Aaaaand a spinner weakness.

22. Tarantula: This will either be spinner bait or a better Mudcrab.

23. Obsession: This design rubs me in all the wrong ways. It has potential- in fact, none of the robots in this weight class are even bad- I just don't like it. Might do okay, but it just falls flat against a lot of the competition.

<hr />
<big>MW:</big>
1. Black Dog: A proven brick-killer in a brick- and brick derivative-heavy class. Woof woof.

2. Initial D: Another strong drum spinner, sporting the ol' standby 5/4/1/14/6 spread. Hard to go wrong there.

3. Crash Blossom: The current title-holder still has its old magic. A tough and versatile machine.

4. Mimete: It's basically Crash Blossom. I think Crash Blossom's stats are better optimized for this field, though.

5. Diablo Intercept: I don't fully understand it, but apparently it's a 2WD flipper. Stats check out.

6. Spectral Pudding: I'm not sure how well Lockjaw-style flippers will be received on ARC, but I certainly like how Gabe went about it.

7. Suplex 2: Clamp arm is wonky, but with the lack of horizontal spinners to take advantage, it doesn't matter too much.

8. Sekhmet: Something about the shape just seems wrong to me, but the stats are good. Dark horse pick.

9. OSIRIS: Have I mentioned that I have a hard time trusting sawbots? It's also a little too long for its own good, but it's so fast and tanky that it'll probably get a significant amount of wins anyway.

10. Wulven II: Literally Original Sin. Lack of spinners to kill leaves it middle of the pack against clamps and better wedges.

11. Thallium 2: The whole circle-strafing thing might work out for it. Dark horse pick.

12. 3 of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse: In a brick-heavy field, multibots are kings. Had to put it down here because [insert excuse about experience here]. Dark horse pick.

13. Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker: I like the concept, but I'm not sure Daybreaker is fast enough to pull it off.

14. Mega Frogbot: Actually not bad, just a little weird for my tastes. Could get far with smart strategy.

15. Chaotic Insurgency: How would Tazbot fair in the ARC meta? Signs point to not well.

16. STOP: Probably placed too low. It is a fast 2WD wedge, but it looks too long and the flamethrower won't do much.

17. Carcinogen: When all the world's a wedge, you need a better one.

18. Neophyte Redglare: See above.

19. Chaotic Reaction: You know, if it had a wedge, more traction, and the ability to switch between melty and normal drive mid-fight, it'd probably be top ten.

20. Frost Viper: Even with all these bricks, it really needs more armor. Aside from that, it's just not fast enough to keep up with any targets that won't rip it apart.

21. Go&#33; Go&#33; Zeppeli&#33;: It's Wrecks. Remember Wrecks? Very cool, very ineffective robot. It'll score the odd KO off of stray hits here and there, but I don't see any other way it can win. Besides FF, of course.

<hr />
hw and shw coming soon
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:56 am

HbW predictions so far
(i excluded Banana For Scale as Alex is working on replacing it)

Rogue Wave - This thing is fucking solid. Definitely should get deep into the bracket without much trouble.

Swiftsure - The patented "Alex V front-hinged flipper" but even smaller&#33; Always does well, which in this hyper-competitive weight class should be a blessing.

Riptide - Damn solid, as most of Alex's bots are. Shouldn't have too many issues against the field.

Nuclear Plague - I'm worried about how well this will do against horizontals, but it's one of my best designs to date so i'm not super worried about doing well.

Nanael - I still hate this bot. It's solid af and Josh is a good driver so barring some tough luck it should get into the playoffs.

Tiger - Nothing new here. Laz is a good driver and this is a good bot. Should make at least the playoffs.

Love Hurtz - Another damn good bot by the resident cheap bastard. Seems a little on the slow side for my tastes but it should do pretty well regardless.

Gas^3 - Fast, strafey and a decently well-designed plow. Definitely a contender.

Trans Europe Express - It's Redline&#33; If Ethan actually RPs every week it could break into the playoffs.

Ververg - Still skeptical on the whole bristlebot thing. It's a standard asshole brick aside from that, but idk how the bristles will do

Jokulhaup - Dual outward-rotating spinners means that this thing ever getting corner damage is going to be a struggle. It's well-designed outside of that, but i feel like that's going to be its downfall.

Conniptions Man - Overhead bars aren't very good in this meta but its bar shape and the exposed back wheels should help it a bit. Probably will do about as well as Moroes, but it's more stable-looking than Moroes so it takes the higher spot.

Moroes - Bar is a little long and thin for my tastes but it's Gabe so it'll do well enough. Don't expect it to make playoffs though.

3 Degrees of Ripping Off - Those forks look susceptible to angling, but other than that it's a well-done VS.

Zip Zap Zoo - Cardboard aside, the stats are pretty good here and it's a standard 2wd wedge. If Pat steps up his RP game it could be a dark horse.

Shiki - Still not a fan of the scythe shape, and its reach and speed seem lacking. Still, a reliable 16-power weapon is nothing to scoff at and it should have fun mowing down some of the lower-armored bots.

Oscillator - Basically a faster StarStruck, but idk how the lack of a srimech will fare in this weight class. Could be a dark horse if driven well.

Demiurge - Generic as they come. Ring is narrow and doesn't protect well. At least it has a lot of armor?

Chill Out - At this point it's okay, but based on how poorly similarly-designed robots have done in the past i don't see this doing too well. It also has very questionable invertibility due to its shape.

Chronic Jobber - ehhh not a fan of the disc shape and it'll probably struggle against a lot of the field, but it does look nice at least.

Standard Template Construct - It's narrow and has low weapon power for a spinner, but the armor is pretty high so it could pick up a few wins with attrition.

Minigame - Fuck you. :v:

Mini Ceylon - Why anything about this bot? It doesn't have any reach, nor enough weapon armor to avoid explosion. It doesn't even have a wedge.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm

FW predictions, now with the right roster

Talons Out&#33; - Yeah i don't see much beating this. Well designed control brick.

Ryobi - It's an ABR wedge on wheels&#33; If Kody gets back into a rhythm quickly I see no reason for this to not make it far.

KillTank - It has tracks so it'll get outmaneuvered a bit, but it's still blazing fast and has a well designed plow. No reason for it to not do well.

Marisa Kirisame - Bog standard 2wd cheese wedge with a lifty bit. Zach's a decent enough driver so i see no reason for this to not do well.

Vorpal Bunny - Bog standard tombclone. Won an event before, no reason for it to not do well here.

Bloody Maryam - Well-designed, and the grinding drum should get some vital damage points in tiebreakers against other wedges. If Eddie can learn from past mistakes and git gud at RPing this could get very far.

Solomon - Jack continues to impress. The design and stats are both very solid and this bot should have a good shot at the playoffs.

Pingu - noot noot bitches. A solidly built hammerbot by Noah. Its wedge looks susceptible to angling though, so this gets ranked below Solomon.

Witty Name Pending - Jake has a solid bot here, showing some knowledge of the meta right off the bat with the rounded edges and the 360-lifter. It's also pretty fast compared to most other bots. I'm not entirely sure how the flexing chassis works but an x-factor like that could throw a bunch of people off guard. Dark horse pick for me here.

Salamandra - Now that it can actually fight spinners without exploding it should do pretty well. We'll see how well I actually do :V

Gaster 2 - Looks unwieldy as fuck, and the hammer/clamp/whatever can't rotate all the way due to the wedge edges. It is a decently designed wedge though so it should do alright.

Loud Love - It'll fuck up wedges pretty good, but expect it to get shit on against any decent spinner. It doing well depends entirely on matchups.

Irritant - It's alright. Solid shape, and it's a quick flippy thing. The field is super competitive though so idk how well it'll do.

Harrison Howell - Fast and punty, so it should get decently far. Low armor on this design is worrying though.

Ramshock - Possibly Pat's best bot to date. 4wd lifter with good ground clearance and a decent enough lifter. It might have some leverage issues with lifting, but if Pat can RP well it could get into the playoffs.

Drop Zone 2 - ehhh i'm not sold on this. I'm not entirely sure how useful a minibot is when combined with a brick, and the wedge itself looks kinda light. The invertible plow is clever though, points for that.

Capitol Punishment - Better designed than last time but im not entirely sure how well the dustpan-grabber thing will do. Again, this tournament is super competitive so it's hard to really rank a design like this.

GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL RUB IV - Flipper is kinda narrow, and he has no wedge protection outside of that. It's decently designed though so who knows.

Io - Kinda slow but strafiness saves that. The real issue is that its weapon armor is kinda low which will kill it off early. Shame, too. I'm a big fan of this bot.

Tria Prima - Clever new design by Gabe. The minibots are kinda slow-ish though, and the main bot is incredibly slow. The drum is powerful enough but getting bots actually in the drum is gonna be tough.

Moderne Gibbon - Not entirely sure what to make of this. Lots of bizarre ideas that may or may not work. 11 weapon seems a little low, no matter what your plan is.

My Name is Mud - ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm not sure what to make of the giant ass wedge on the front, other than "control issues incoming". It also isn't that good at fighting spinners due to the flat sides. Weapon seems a little weak for a VS variant, but who knows. I doubt this'll get too far.

Hyperion - Classic Drew trying to do too much with one design again. 10 weapon isn't enough to do damage to much, and i have my doubts about the flipper's wedginess. It looks solid enough to eke out a few wins though, maybe.

The Placid Casual - it's Pooky but without the reach that helped Pooky win a few fights. Not sure what Ethan's trying to do here.

Poseidon's Wrath 3 - It's Io but with a wasted torque point and an even worse weapon/armor ratio. Interchangables shells dont even help this bot.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Not doing seeding, but more general thoughts on each bot:<hr />

<big>Hobbyweight:</big>

Zip Zap Zoo: It's a 2WD flipper with decent armour and drive. Nothing revolutionary, but still good. Only issue is that I'm not sure if it can drive off of wedges.

Banana For Scale: Going to be replaced, no point looking at it.

Endgame: Blows itself up in 4 hits. However, it's a 360 degree weapon, so you can't flank it, and it can do serious damage in those 4 hits. This may end up doing decently well. everyone enters a brick <del>well fuck</del>

Nuclear Plague 2.0: It was a generic 2WD VS. Then the reactor went up and mutated it into a bulkier monster. However, it probably isn't fast enough for bricks, which could cause it some problems in this weight class.

3 Degrees Of Ripping Off: Riptobot, riptobot, does whatever a riptobot does. Can it actually hit anything or flank? Fuck no.

Swiftsure: It's an ICR front-hinged flipper. Not new, but there's a reason he still makes these.

Osclilator: As previously mentioned, typo. With the weapon armour, it's statted perfectly to be a brick-killing spinner. Except that it's a horizontal spinner, and an angled one at that. So expect to see this thing throwing itself into as many hazards and walls as it can.

Trans Europe Express: Fast, and pretty good against hammer<del>s</del>. Only real problem is that it's very easy to angle in against.

Chronic Jobber: It's an undercutter, which could help against drum spinners. If this division had any. Instead we've got a robot that will struggle due to it's lack of bite, and have problems with midcutters and overhead spinners. Of which there are precisely 4.

Love Hurtz: Ooooohhhh&#33;&#33; A hammer&#33; Plow-stackers beware, however it's outlook against spinners looks bleak with that armour stat.

Ververg: Discounting how bullshit it's drive is, it's fast and highly armoured, and has OoTA capability. Ooer.

Moreos: Pretty powerful weapon, so this could do some serious damage. However, gyroscope again. See Osclilator.

Rogue Wave: In his own words: "A 2WD lifting wedge. It's got some anti-monstertrucking teeth and can self-right. What more is there to say?"

Jokulhaup: Quite a nice death-spinner. With all the advantages and disadvantages that provides. Can't help but think that the extra spinner is a stat point wasted.

Tiger: It's a brick.

Demiurge: It's a ring spinner. Again, the 2WD + casters seems to give no advantage over a 4WD system, at the cost of increased knockback.

Nanael: 4WD lifter, a simple formula, which for some reason has had a stat point wasted on a pointless spike, at the cost of perfect traction.

Standard Template Construct: It's an undercutter.

Gas^3 Another 4WD brick. Except is has trackballs, which are becoming more boring by the day.

Chill Out: A rather nice bot actually. However, it's not powerful enough to deal damage, what with everyone having bunkered up against the deathspinners, and not enough drivetrain to flank. In the weapon/drive uncanny valley.

Shiki: It's yet another deathspinner. With added pointless scythes.
Last edited by Mole55 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Too lazy to rate by number :v: but still want to put my two bits in.

NC's weird spinner - I like angled spinners. But idk about this one. It's trying to be an Ironside 3, but it's disc is a little higher than it should be, and that could hurt it against bricks and low wedges. No srimech is a bit risky, and I doubt it'll have the same luck that Starstruck had last year

Loud Love - Want this to be good, but 10 weapon is a bit low. It's a wildcard against bricks and spinners alike. On one hand, it can obliterate the tops of most spinners on here, and is slippery against wedges. On the other, 10 weapon is low for a hammer, and if bricks can actually get a hold on it, it'll get smothered. That and huge exposed wheels vs spinners? it's RW Chimera all over again.

Shiki - "Scythes won't get much bi--" doesn't matter. If you get hit with a 16 weapon stick, it's still gonna hurt. Will fuck up many designs on this list, especially those that don't have ridiculous amounts of armor. 10 extra points because arguably best driver in ARC atm.

Chill Out - When I said that the eggbeater needed teeth to get some bite, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. Could still work though. Going to get tanked like no other against bricks, but could still make some noise.

Gas^3 - It can wedge some things, but not others. Don't really know if it'll be effective in that aspect. Spinners are going to get fucked though. Trackballs mean that it'll learn to fly when it connects with a spinner, but it should tank horizontals and in some cases verticals with pretty much no damage dealt.

Standard Template Construct - It's an undercutter, and a good design for a newbie. Not sure about it's success RP wise, but it has decent stats. Just wish it had a wedge of some sort.

Nanael - Great wedge, great driver, great stats. Although wasted points on the spike, unless Josh has a big plan with it that no one knows about :v: . Still extremely solid nonetheless and has the potential to do very well.

Demiurge - Sandwich ring spinners are cool. Good idea with the casters. Not completely sure how well it'll do against armored opponents, given that it doesn't have much protection against wedges. If the brackets are good to it, it'll get a few wins here and there.

Tiger - It's Vendetta with more wheels and not trying to wear a mustache and lipstick on two different sides of it's face :v: It's a Lazbrick, so it's bound to do well. Might have trouble against pressing lifters, but that really shouldn't hurt it's chances, if at all.

Jokulhaup - First we had Slice O McMatic, then Hexagone. Most of us know how those turned out lmao. Now this, this is how you make a dual spinner work. Solid stats, and enough weapon power to work with. Expect this to make it out of the group.

Rogue Wave - Holy crap this thing. It can control bricks and spinners (including most death spinners). If attackfrog can keep up the good strategy, this'll be the favorite to win.

Moroes - Remember what I said about liking angled spinners and Neon's disc spinner being raised to high? This is the opposite extreme. It'll bounce to all hell once it connects with something, and I also question it's self righting capability. That said, dangerous amount of weapon power. It'll win some, but I don't see much happening from this one.

Ververg - Stahp insulting it's drivetrain :V (it can actually work irl fyi). It's a bit of a wildcard at times because of this different drivetrain, could also have trouble pressing. It could flop pretty badly. But if it works, it's gonna work really well. If nothing else, it's armored to hell.

Love Hurtz - Hell yeah it hurtz. 14 point hammer against many things that don't have much in the way of top armor. Good job with the skirts so it won't Frenzy. Will definitely go far, especially if it faces spinners.

Chronic Jobber - Still not a fan of the many weapon teeth. But hey, it's an undercutter, which could be interesting against midcutters and certain wedges.

Trans Europe Express - I want to like this bot. It's got plenty of armor and decent drive, which is great. However, it's wedging ability is questionable as it seems to have a slight lip at the end, and Boto needs to RP for me to trust this design along with others.

Oscillator - It's an angled spinner thats not at a ridiculous height&#33; Yay&#33; Bricks are sure to give it trouble, but it could be a bitch to wedge if TBR aims the disc correctly. Can self right which is a bonus, but I'm just unsure how it's going to deal with heavy armor.

3 Degrees of Ripping Off - Is Ripto. Stats are good, but wedge is meh. One of the better designs made by NWS and a playoff spot isn't out of reach. Could go either way.

Nuclear Plague - Here's a spinner that's durable, well started, and has a good driver. Should do decently as most of Badnik's designs do.

Minigame - Goddamnit :P We're goin' out in a blaze of glory, boys&#33; Or maybe that's just the batteries smoking.

Zip Zap Zoo - Basic flipper with basic stats. RPs will be the final say on how well this will do.
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 pm

<big><big><big>[font=monotype corsiva]<big><big>Cherry Bomb Classic 2 Tag-Team Rankings</big></big>[/font]</big></big></big>
<hr />
[font=monotype corsiva]<big><big><big>Hobbyweight</big></big></big>[/font]

Three teams stand out among the pack due to their excellent synergy, and a fourth is intriguing due to its match control abilities. While it's not a weak field, this isn't the strongest group either.

1. Tiger/Shiki: This team has excellent synergy, the spinner is powerful and invertible, and the brick doesn't rely on armour bonuses that could become a liability in a 2v2 setting.

2. Banana for Scale/Moroes: Another team with strong synergy between a brick and a deathspinner. While BfS can outdrive Tiger, it relies on an armour bonus, leaving it vulnerable, and Moroes is slow and lacks invertibility.

3. Swiftsure/Chronic Jobber: Swiftsure boasts the best weapon of the bricks in the field, though its armour is a bit suspect, and Chronic jobber is a solid, invertible design, but will struggle against other power spinners with its slightly lower weapon power.

4. Nanael/Mean Girl: This pairing lacks knockout power, but with so much speed, ability to control opposing bots, and reach on both members' weapons, it can't be discounted.

5. Ververg/Zip Zap Zoo: Lacking reliable knockout power save an OOTA on ZZZ's part, this team can nonetheless soak damage and nearly keep up with the faster bricks.

6. Love Hurtz/Demiurge: while both members of this duo have knockout power (especially LH), their lack of speed may hurt them, alloing one bot to be isolated and picked on by opposing teams.

7. ???

8. ???

<hr />
[font=monotype corsiva]<big><big><big>Featherweight</big></big></big>[/font]

This is arguably the weakest division in CBC2, with only a couple of teams boasting the kind of synergy that won most titles last time around. Among the others are experiments, misfits, and semi-balanced teams.

1. Talons Out&#33;/Vorpal Bunny: Two strong title contenders with ruthlessly optimized designs, versatility, and perfect synergy. Despite the presence of a couple of other very strong teams, it'd be an upset if they didn't win it all.

2. KillTank/Io: A fast, tough brick and a powerful spinner: the epitome of perfect synergy. They slip to number two simply because their two counterparts in the top spot are just slightly better optimized.

3. Marisa Kirisame/Ryobi: Team waifubots consists of a pair of damned good bricky flippers which mostly make up for their lack of KO power by excelling at match control.

4. Drop Zone 2/Tria Prima: Team minibots lacks a truly scary weapon, but with all of those minis and a solid brick in the form of DZ2 to feed the decent drum of Mercury and to allow for some sneaky fast tagging, this could be a darkhorse.

5. Ramshock/Solomon: This rammer/hammer duo should work pretty well together, though Ramshock will struggle mightily to push opponents as effectively as it would like due to overbalancing.

6. Hyperion/My Name is Mud: simply put, both of these bots are caught in nowhereland in terms of their weapon power and drive stats. It could actually work out in a tag team setting, but it more likely to lead to both of them being edged out in their individual matchups.

7. ???

8. ???

<hr />
[font=monotype corsiva]<big><big><big>Lightweight</big></big></big>[/font]

This is a strong division where almost everybody paid attention to team synergy and potential tagging strategies and literally any of the eight teams could make noise or perhaps even win it all.

1. Ayame/Nightshade: Fast, decently tough flipper meets slippery and sneaky tough deathspinner. Nobody's gonna KO this team, and they'll be hard pressed to last the full three against Nightshade's firepower, especially with Ayame in their face.

2. Cuddle Time&#33;/Tidal Wave II: These two edge out the team below them by virtue of Cuddle Time's speed and slightly better ability to control opponents and Tidal Wave's better anti-hammer resistance.

3. No Exit/Scarab V: Another optimized team with a novel flipper and a Black Dog style spinner, this should be a tough out and should excel at jumping and general opportunism with Scarab's speed.

4. Razro/Howler III: This ends up at #4 mainly due to the fact that people may not buy into Razro's weaponry and the fact that Howler's lack of pace will make jumping strategies difficult to implement.

5. Wild Child/Phobos Anomaly 2: Phobos Anomaly was a laughingstock last time, but with a redesign and some versatility, its damage dealing and tagging abilities could prove the perfect compliment to its partner's awesome drivetrain and clamping ability.

6. Arcade Queen/Needles: How is this at #6&#33;? It's a testament to the strength of this draw that this pair is so low. Sure, Arcade Queen can be high-centered and Needles doesn't hit especially hard, but this is still a solid pair.

7. Tastes Like Boring/White Lightning II: Only the lack of match-ending capability and White Lightning's dangerously low armour keeps this at #7. It's otherwise a solid control pair that could fare well.

8. Sleipnir/Metal 2: In a weaker field, this would probably end up around #4, but in this one, Sleipnir's over-reliance on armour bonuses and vulnerability to high centering paired with Metal 2's average power and lack of invertibility place it a notch below the top teams.

<hr />
[font=monotype corsiva]<big><big><big>Other Weights</big></big></big>[/font]

Coming Soon&#33;
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:06 am

Hobbyweight:

1: Swiftsure. The shallow wedge will do an excellent job of deflecting horizontal spinners, and no one can really KO it with armor that thick. Combine that with a quick, powerful drivetrain, an effective wedge, and a flipper which while not likely to get spectacular OOTAs will keep opponents on their toes, and you have a serious contender for the title.

2: Gas^3.
Last edited by Hooray For Lexan on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 pm

I'm not gonna give predictions for all the bots, I'm just gonna list my Top 8.

Hobbyweight
1. Rogue Wave
2. Swiftsure
3. Banana For Scale
4. Love Hurtz
5. Gas^3
6. Nuclear Plague
7. Tiger
8. Nanael

Featherweight
=1. Ry&#333;bi
=1. Talons Out&#33;
3. Vorpal Bunny
4. Capitol Punishment
5. Marisa Kirisame
6. Torque Dirty 2 Me
7. KillTank
8. Narumeia

Lightweight
1. Razro
2. Wild Child
3. Cuddle Time&#33;
4. Shade Fist
5. Scarab
6. Arcade Queen
7. Tastes Like Boring
8. No Exit

Middleweight
1. Spectral Pudding
2. Crash Blossom
3. Suplex
4. Mimete
5. Seadevil
6. Stabstract Jr.
7. Dead On Arrival
8. Black Dog

Heavyweight
1. Compound Fracture
2. Klarinette
3. Hellhound
4. Glacier
5. Vomit Comet
6. Pallas
7. Warlock
8. Error 503

Superheavyweight
1. Phantasmic Slammer
2. Lethal Injection
3. Ritual
4. Agent X
5. Parasoul
6. The Return of Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo
7. Jajanken
8. Ceres
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Aug 26 2017, 12:06 AM</dd></dl><div>Heavyweight:

21: Golden Blaze. Man, I had such high hopes for this bot, and then he chickened out on the flails. Now it

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 am

Keep your dumb flails, since everyone seems to believe that they won't be an issue and those are ultimately the people who will be writing your fights. If even one writer suddenly decides to have them entangling something, though, I'm gonna be pissed.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 pm

arrives to the predictions thread 3 days late with starbucks

[usual disclaimer] I am not a god. I might be wrong with my rankings, and you are entirely within your abilities to go and prove me wrong by doing well with the robot I put in the 28 slot. italics = dark horse picks[/usual disclaimer]

<big>Hobbyweight:</big> wedge. Things that have KO or the potential to break the control of a wedge by forcibly removing it from the ground (Nuclear Plague, Zip Zap Zoo) can see success, as could something that simply hits so hard it breaks the brick wall with its fists (Shiki, Love Hirtz). And of course, the wedges (Rogue Wave, Swiftsure, Banana for Scale) will also succeed.

1.Rogue Wave: I
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm bored out of my skull tonight. Lemme do some predictions for the week.

Hobbyweight: So, this division is mostly spinner vs. brick fights, of which the spinner has a fighting chance in two. The other four matches are spinner vs. spinner, spinner vs. hammer, and wedge vs. flipper, and are probably going to end in knockouts.

Mini Ceylon vs. Nuclear Plague: Badnik's drumbot against NC's overhead disc. In theory, Mini Ceylon has the power to cause serious damage to Nuclear Plague's wedge, but in practice the big gap in maneuverability and experience means it'll probably get uppercut by NP's drum. This will probably end in a KO win for Nuclear Plague, with Ceylon either getting its corners torn up, flipped over and stranded on its back, or thrown into the arena's central OOTA zone.

Nanael vs. Demiurge: Nanael's wedge isn't the sturdiest in the class, but it's enough to easily deflect Demiurge's ring and pop it into the air. Given the cramped arena and the huge speed differential, Demiurge will have a lot of trouble spinning up, and I can't see it winning this.

Moroes vs. Ververg: A lot of people are skeptical of Ververg, but the thing's still very fast and nearly indestructible. Moroes might as well just take its bar off, because it literally can't deal ANY damage. He'd still be at a disadvantage, but he'd be able to use his wedge more effectively. Ververg wins this easily.

3 Degrees of Ripping Off vs. Tiger: This actually isn't a sealed deal. 3 degrees actually hits hard enough to seriously damage Tiger's wedge if it gets under it and could remove wheels if it can get a followup hit. And its skids actually can get under Tiger's wedge. However, the bot's pretty wide and Tiger will easily be able to angle in on it most of the time. It also has a backup wedge. I see 3 degrees getting a few hits in, but he'll need to do some serious damage or get an OOTA to win. Still picking Tiger.

Rogue Wave vs. Chill Out: Basically, it's 2WD wedge vs. 2WD wedge here, and Chill Out is slower and has worse weight distribution which will render its skids less useful. It doesn't hit hard enough to cause serious damage, so Rogue Wave can pretty easily control this fight. Unless Chill Out gets one of those Hail Mary OOTAs, it's got no chance.

Jokulhaup vs. Zip Zap Zoo: Well, I'm not impartial here, but I think Jokulhaup actually has the advantage. ZZZ is quick, but its vertical sides mean one hit at the wrong angle could be game over, and even under the best circumstances it can't keep taking hits from Jokulhaup. The discs also cover such a large angle that avoiding getting hit will be difficult. ZZZ is OOTA-capable, but it has to end the match fairly quickly and can't afford to make any mistakes.

Minigame vs. Banana For Scale: Minigame lasts 3 hits. In this arena, those will probably be... 1: BFS rams Minigame. 2: Minigame bounces into a wall. 3: Minigame bounces into another wall. Given the speed difference, Brad will be lucky to even make it out of his starting square.

Shiki vs. Oscillator: Horizontal spinner vs. Angled Spinner. Oscillator's faster, but Shiki has a lot of reach, and Oscillator could have gyro problems. And if Shiki gets a hit in, it's pretty much over. It's not a guarantee, but Shiki probably takes this.

Trans Europe Express vs. Higanbana: Wedge vs. Flipper. The wedge is quite a bit faster, and will likely control most of the match, but Higanbana is so frigging powerful that it can launch an opponent clear across the arena. Given this arena's shape... basically, this is going to be what the fight looks like.

Standard Template Construct vs. Swiftsure: "weapon: 13" ... "Armour: 12". Yeah, GG. Poor STC literally cannot do anything to Swiftsure.

Love Hurtz vs. Teacup Tempest: I really like Love Hurtz, but holy cow is this a bad matchup for it. Its drivetrain is BARELY better, it will be torn apart in a couple of hits, it can't fire its hammer against a spinning overhead, and TT even has an awkward shape. Love Hurtz basically has one shot at knocking TT into the wall, stopping its blade, and pounding it into submission, but I don't think it's going to pull it off.

Gas^3 vs. Chronic Jobber: Oh, boy... hey kids, who wants to watch a spinner get pushed around for 3 minutes?&#33; CJ could theoretically do serious damage to Gas's chassis, but it has a 2 speed + 1 control disadvantage and Gas^3 has omni drive on top of that.

<hr />

Featherweight: The main story of the Featherweights is that because we have 28 entries, the top seeds in each group get a bye in the first round. The very touch lifting/clamping bricks Killtank, Ryobi, and Talons Out&#33; are sitting this week out, along with the much-feared spinner Vorpal Bunny. That leaves a fairly diverse field of quite a few bricks, hammers, spinners, and even one saw, but in generally the spinners have good the short end of the matchups this week, with Gabe's clusterbot Tria Prima being the most likely to pick up a first-round victory.

Drop Zone 2 vs. Ramshock: Ramshock has a better weapon (i.e. a weapon vs. just a static wedge), but I'm not confident Pat knows how to deal with Lollerskate. I think Brad's cluster will take this by superior strategy.

Bloody Maryam vs. Hopscotch Pilgrim: Ordinarily a melty would be a bad matchup for any kind of cutting or grinding weapon, but here Bloody Maryam has the armor to absorb HP's blows with impunity, and this arena is absolutely TERRIBLE for melties. Bloody Maryam wins this hands down.

Gaster 2 vs. Give Your Meat A Good Rub: On the surface, these two bots look very similar and evenly matched. But Gaster has a wider and more press-able wedge, and then there's the Playzooki factor. Gaster probably takes this, but it could be close. Or we could get a nice recipe to try out.

Torque Dirty 2 Me vs. My Name is Mud: TD2M has a huge speed advantage, can press its wedge, and can't really be damaged by either of My Name is Mud's weapons. This will be an easy first victory for Alex V's lifter.

Pingu vs. Hyperion: This is one of the better matchups for both of these machines, and could go either way. Hyperion is slightly more maneuverable, and its rear wedge out-wedges Pingu's plow. It's OOTA-capable, and the drum could be a threat if it can chain hits together. However, it doesn't have a good way of blocking Pingu's hammer, and could be in trouble if it can't finish the fight quickly. Tentatively picking Hyperion.

Marisa Kirisame vs. Salamandra: Salamandra's saw is deadly in theory, but it'll have trouble getting it into play in this match: it needs ten seconds to get through Marisa's armor, and with a slower drivetrain, very limited torque, and no real ability to remove Marisa's drive wheels from the ground, I don't think it's going to pull that off. Marisa's flamethrowers could actually do a little damage of their own against Salamandra's relatively thin armor, although it's not an easy bot to pin either. Neither really has a good way of KOing, but I can't see Salamandra taking the JD.

Capitol Punishment vs. Poseidon's Wrath: I've said good things about Poseidon's Wrath, but this isn't a good matchup for it. It will struggle to damage Capitol Punishment, and without a srimech it's likely to get capsized in short order.

Irritant vs. Ricochet: Quite simply, I don't think Ricochet has the power needed to get a KO, and with the speed disadvantage and cramped arena it's likely to spend most of the match either running away, pinned, or upside-down.

The Thieving Magpie vs. Harrison Howell: Harrison Howell is a very fast spinner, and can pretty much keep up with Shaba's flipper. However it lacks the destructive power to cause any real damage. It will have to rely on an OOTA to win, but the Magpie is OOTA-capable too, and will have an easier time maneuvering into position.

Narumeia vs. The Placid Casual: Placid Casual pinballs off the walls and blows itself up, but not before tearing huge chunks out of Narumeia's wedge. Next&#33;

Tria Prima vs. Solomon: A hammer is just about the worst weapon to have against a cluster of fast minibots. Solomon could get lucky, but it's more likely to get doorstopped, and a hit from Tria's drum is not going to be pretty.

Witty Name Pending vs. You Think I Aint Worth A Dollar Etc: Fast lifter fights faster thwack/wedge. Uhh... I actually have no friggin idea.

Lightweight: Again, the top seeds have a bye this week, with Wild Child, Tidal Wave II, Shade Fist, and Ayame all chilling out in the pits. In Group A, the three clamps are fighting.. everything else. Elsewhere we have quite a few fairly close fights that will depend on strategy, although there are a couple of bricks steamrolling spinners or hammers, as always.

Cuddle Time vs. Dolphin: Dolphin can't do a lot of damage here, and it's massively outsped, although Cuddle Time will have to press its lifter to get under it. The major issue is that even "not at full power," the house robots can easily destroy Dolphin; it has 3 friggin chassis armor.

Tastes Like Boring vs. Zadkiel 3: If Zadkiel had a stat spread like Frequency this would be a more interesting fight due to its high-up blade being a potential threat to TLB's clamp mechanism. However, with its current stat spread it's likely to self-destruct in a couple hits, and if it throttles or turns off its weapon its ability to cause damage is hindered. A cramped arena like this is also really bad for an overhead spinner.

Game Over vs. Mouser Mecha Catbot: Uprising: ordinarily I think clamps win the matchup over flippers, but in this case having a small arena with a large amount of low wall and an OOTA-capable flipper gives MMCU the advantage. However, this could still go either way.

Scarab vs. Phobos Anomaly 2: So, on one hand Scarab is screwed if it actually gets hit - the antennae won't protect it if it gets flanked - but it does have a speed advantage, and because NWOWWE forgot to give his plows an armor bonus it can obliterate either half of the cluster in one hit. I'm picking Scarab.

Spunky Skunky vs. Cobalt Tsunami: I've mentioned that a poor control ratio, 16 weapon, and a steeply angled spinner are a bad combination before, and even without that Spunky Skunky is too fast and well-armored. I can't see it possibly losing, and it's likely to win by knockout due to Cobalt Tsunami OOTA-ing itself.

Arcade Queen vs. Cyka Blyat: In one corner we have a functional clamp. In the other corner we have Playzooki's 800-foot-long adidas tracksuit. If there is anything good and holy on this sinful Earth, AQ will win.

No Exit vs. Obsession: This could be interesting. No Exit is barely better drivetrain-wise, and their wedges are actually about equal. While Obsession may overbalance when lifting opponents, it can still high-center No Exit, and if its saw actually contacts those anti-hammer gantries it could cut right through them. On the other hand, No Exit is OOTA-capable, and Obsession will be in trouble if it gets pushed into a housebot. I'm picking No Exit still, but it could go either way.

White Lightning 2 vs. Dumbo Lite: Poor control ratio on a vert with limited reach. Not a great strategy. Dumbo's side shields could actually be helpful for once against WL's thwacking tail, and it could do some damage, but it's also likely to get flipped and smacked around a lot. Either bot could win with good strategy, but I'll pick White Lightning.

Sleipnir vs. Metal 2: Sleipnir is IMO not a great bot due to being overspecialized, but the one thing it does do well is screw over horizontal spinners. Basically Pat can't do ANY damage unless Mole makes a mistake and gets his side ripped open.

Witness Me vs. Tarantula: Witness Me vs. literally the only spinner that can't damage it. They're close in speed, but Witness Me is better, and while Tarantula's legs are annoying, they're still basically static wedges. WM has the better weaponry, including being OOTA-capable. I think it takes this.

Razro vs. Needles: Hammer that's out-sped and can do literally ZERO damage? Yeah, Razro wins by a landslide.

Bamlathwack II vs. If You Hate It Hit It With A Ring Spinner: These robots have nearly identical stats, although Hate It has omni wheels and Bam has tracks. It would be a close fight if it weren't for Bamlathwack's long-tooth configuration. Those long blades will completely bypass If You Hate It's relatively thin ring and tear its less-armored chassis apart. TBR would have to be a moron to lose this.
Last edited by Hooray For Lexan on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:56 am

<big><big>WEEK 1</big></big>

Hobbyweights

Mini Ceylon vs. Nuclear Plague

Honestly, I think that vertical disc on Nuclear Plague is a big fuckin' target, which is why I didn't vote it up too too high on my rankings. So, with the armour bonus given to the wedge, what does that do to the weapon armour for the disc? Is it 9? 11? Regardless, I think Mini Ceylon can hit it and take it out. Then it's just a matter of time. Of course, since I don't know how NeonCalypso RPs, I can't say for sure how this will go. Disregarding RPs, I actually think this is Mini Ceylon's fight.

Nanael vs. Demiurge

Yeah I don't see Demiurge coming away with a victory.

Moroes vs. Ververg

Name aside, I really don't like anything about Ververg, but I can't see it losing here. Then again, I can't see it losing against Moroes' previous stat spread either. :P

3 Degrees of Ripping Off vs. Tiger

Again, RPs aside, Tiger could get torn up. Counting RPs, Madman prolly has some mad RP, but otherwise Riley actually has this.

Rogue Wave vs. Chill Out

"so this whole weight spread bullshit shouldn't prevent me from wedging up stuff"

Well you ran into the worst possible bot to test this theory Bob. :P Yeah this is Rogue Wave's fight no contest.

Jokulhaup vs. Zip Zap Zoo

Well you know how I am with Pat's bots, but really, all Jokulhaup potentially needs to do is get one corner hit, and it's over. It's not a guarantee, since many bots who've taken 5+ corner damage have survived secessive hits, but... yeah. :P

Minigame vs. Banana For Scale

I didn't really take into account that bouncing into a wall would count for a hit towards self-KO, but there you are. Banana For Scale ROFLstomps.

Shiki vs. Oscillator

Oscillator needs to get around the front of Shiki to really have any hope here, since the Tomb-bar set-up completely stonewalls him. Oscillator is faster, but not by too much, and he's prone to gyroing. If he gets a tire, though, Shiki is pretty much dead in the water. Verdict: Shiki.

Trans Europe Express vs. Higanbana

I don't trust TEE's wedge too much, and Higanbana can flip for days. Lian's got my call, here.

Standard Template Construct vs. Swiftsure

Too lazy to make a pun on STC's name. 13 weapon to 12 armour. Yeah. No fucking chance. Swiftsure is sure to win.

Love Hurtz vs. Teacup Tempest

Haha holy shit, did Nick get a bad first draw or what? No matter what part of Love Hurtz that Teacup Tempest hits, it's gonna be huge, huge damage. The hammer will get ripped off, armour will be smacked away, potential OHKO? Yup. Meanwhile there's absolutely no safe places on TT that LH can hit. Zoinks&#33; Brian ftw&#33;

Gas^3 vs. Chronic Jobber

I don't really like Gas^3's plow tbh, seems pretty vulnerable to a lot of other wedges. Too bad Chronic Jobber's wedge is also meh. Mr. AS for the raep.

Featherweights

Drop Zone 2 vs. Ramshock

I've never liked minibots :P That said, Lollerskate could prove to be somewhat more annoying than Pat would think. However, I'll go against the bookies and say that Ramshock will throw Drop Zone around a lot and probably win.

Wait, I predicted a Pat bot to win?&#33; Yeah, wanna fight about it?

Bloody Maryam vs. Hopscotch Pilgrim

I see Brian taking out the grinder but not doing much else of note. Sylandro has this in spades.

Gaster 2 vs. Give Your Meat A Good Rub

:headache:

Gaster I guess.

Torque Dirty 2 Me vs. My Name is Mud

Blarg. Alex V for the V.

Pingu vs. Hyperion

Pingu purely because Hyperion can't really damage the front or get under it. I like Pingu's wedge more than Hyperion's flipper. :P

Oh, and I guess the axe counts for something as well. :v:

Marisa Kirisame vs. Salamandra

I like Salamandra, I really do, but I just think it's got too much going against it in this match. Marisa will prob win a close JD.

Capitol Punishment vs. Poseidon's Wrath

PW is literally friggin' Tengu from the FRA Fanfic boards with all those teeth set-ups. Too bad that, unlike Tengu, it doesn't have a srimech. It doesn't need to worry about a srimech here, but CP will be a bit too much for it.

Irritant vs. Ricochet

I can easily see Irritant's flipper sneaking beneath Ricochet and tossing it over. Seeya.

The Thieving Magpie vs. Harrison Howell

Honestly this could go either way. Harrison lacks real destructive power against something like Magpie, but its wedge is better and I can see Magpie being thrown around a lot. On the other hand, Magpie can land a few flips and toss Harrison onto his head. Close, but I'll stick with Harrison.

Narumeia vs. The Placid Casual

Placid? More like flaccid, which is what this bot will be before 3 minutes are up.

Tria Prima vs. Solomon

All Solomon has to do is go up to the main Tria Prima bot and whack it. Its hammer reaches well over the drum, and the minibots are honestly a bit too uncontrollable to really be a bother.

Witty Name Pending vs. You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire

You know, Gabe actually made a very good point about the QotSA bot. That's a static wedge, right? The thwack is gonna weigh it down, just enough to where the wedge is not going to be as effective. It still will be, just that really enough to beat out Witty Name Pending's lifter here. However, he still has a good thwack but idk if it'll be much good. I think Witty Name Pending has this.

Lightweights

Cuddle Time&#33; vs. Dolphin

Yeah I don't think so.

Tastes Likes Boring vs. Zadkiel

Honestly, HDiT has to watch out for Zadkiel's blade hitting the claw mechanism but I think he'll be okay.

Game Over vs. Mouser Mecha-Catbot: Upurrising

Ugh... I honestly can't determine this match well. Armour means fuck-all since neither can really damage the other. Drive stats are nearly the same. Flippers have almost identical leverage. I'm gonna give Game Over the benefit of the doubt since that extra torque point will make accelerating and pushing easier for Bob.

Scarab vs. Phobos Anomaly

Despite the OHKO possibility here, I honestly see this match being a pain in the ass for Phobos Anomaly. If Monsteralex had actually rendered the hammer axles higher than right down near the middle of the robot, this would be harder to determine. :P As it is, there's no way either axe is gonna reach over the beater, and Phobos is too slow to take advantage of when Scarab hits one of them. Josh needs a stellar out-of-the-box RP for this.

Spunky Skunky vs. Cobalt Tsunami

Cobalt is gonna fucking fly all over the place, and it doesn't really have the ability to snag a corner. Skunky be spunky. :tellu:

Arcade Queen vs. &#1058;&#1056;&#1048; &#1055;&#1054;&#1051;&#1054;&#1057;&#1050;&#1048;

That is a long-ass bot. With that, Syl looks like he's having a friend for dinner...

No Exit vs. Obsession

If the two front wheels are shock mounted, the rear ones aren't going to have much grip, so this might as well be a 2WD bot. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Either way, I don't trust those forks at all, so No Exit to flip this thing OOTA.

White Lightning vs. DumboLITE

Drew has good some bots, he really does, but he needs to execute them better. That's just me, though. :v: Either way, he takes this. I love DumboLITE but that won't save him. Poor control, not enough weapon to damage WL, and a wasted torque point, pretty much.

Sleipnir vs. Metal 2

Holy fuck unneeded armour bonus Batman? Regardless, Metal 2 isn't touching 17 armour.

Witness Me vs. Tarantula

Underarmoured for this tournament but that won't matter against Tarantula. Monsteralex to flip his away to victory.

Razro vs. Needles

RAZRO&#33;&#33; RAZRO&#33;&#33; RAH RAH RAH&#33;&#33; Needles can't do a thing to him, but Razro can do a lot to him&#33; RAH&#33;&#33;

Bamlathwack vs. If You Hate It Hit It With A Ring (Spinner)

Jesus christ identical fuckin' stats. I'll give it to Bamlathwack for having tracks and thus less knockback, allowing him to go back on the attack quicker and win aggression.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux