Week 1 Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Week 1 Spreads

Post by Siphai » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:09 pm

DISCLAIMER: These are just predictions, of which I try to keep as fair and objective as possible. I base all of this around design and stats alone, and a good RP can make all the difference. If I put you down for a loss, just try to RP harder and prove me wrong! The percentage is based around how much one robot would beat another, and that ON AVERAGE I believe that so-and-so will have the advantage. Try and pull out the upset!

Team Picus vs. Team Zlayerz

Broken Wings is really fucking cool. I cannot stress that enough. Now whether it can be the most successful stompbot of all time depends entirely on whether or not Philip gets to write those results.

LW:
Broken Wings vs. Scarab

This is a tough one. Broken Wings looks really goddamn cool, and has some really tough armor. On the other hand, Scarab holds a considerable speed advantage and, when your main weapon is an axe/lifter that should prove worrying.

Prediction: Scarab over Broken Wings
Certainty: 80%

MW:
Octavius vs. Perseus

This will depend on how much Octavius uses the Y-Drive. Once he gets spinning, I've very skeptical at how good Perseus will be at stopping it, especially with sub-par armor.

Prediction: Octavius over Perseus
Certainty: 85%

HW:
Stiltskin vs. Shadow Zone Forever

I can see Stiltskin doing better than expected, especially if he manages to start flipping SZF. The thing is, though, Shadow Zone Forever has the kind of speed advantage that will make sure that flipping never becomes a problem.

Prediction: Shadow zone Forever over Stiltskin
Certainty: 70%

SHW:
Drive vs. Fulcrum

They're both of equal speed but I feel that Drive has the lower profile here, and can really take advantage of his huge torque advantage. Even if Fulcrum manages to get Drive on his scoop, I can't imagine him being able to take much advantage of it.

Prediction: Drive over Fulcrum
Certainty: 85%

Team Animal Cruelty vs. Team Gemini

A completely new team for Philip, a guy that I

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Week 1 Spreads

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:27 pm

These are really cool. I love how descriptive they are.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

G-Force

Week 1 Spreads

Post by G-Force » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Am I still team fire-and-ice? haha, i think that team name was discarded seasons ago.

Siphai

Week 1 Spreads

Post by Siphai » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Jan 7 2009&#44; 04:03 PM</dd></dl><div> Am I still team fire-and-ice? haha, i think that team name was discarded seasons ago. [/quote]
lol I have no clue who the team names are for some of these so I either made up some or just used really old ones :-P

succotash_54

Week 1 Spreads

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I've already done ten results, too. I won't tell you how you did, but let's just say you've got some nice predictions.