Reckoning Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

G-Force

Reckoning Predictions

Post by G-Force » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:02 pm

So now that most entries are in, I thought I'd make a few predictions on who I think has got a shot, based solely on designs and stats.
However, any bot has a decent shot with a great RP! (Thumbs up, wink).

Don't be upset if you're not on here. Nobody's hatin' B)

So here are my top 5 for each weight class:

LIGHTWEIGHTS:

Zombie Killer
Underall
Uplifting Experience
Sovereign
Windmill

Honorable Mention:
Rascal

The problem with the LW class is that it's dominated by wedges. It's basically going to come down to whoever has the lowest clearance, which is bad news for some of the more interesting designs. It's hard to tell which wedge will be able to get under which other wedge, so I'm not sure how this list of five will hold up...

MIDDLEWEIGHTS:

Taurus
Shovearound
AMP
Shockwave
El Negro Muerte

Honorable Mention:
Adrenichrome

Ah, this weight class is much more interesting. There are a lot of deadly looking spinners, with plenty of tough looking flippers to challenge them. It was hard to tell which of the spinners would be able to succeed, because each opponent has different pros and cons. It will be very interesting to see how this weight class unfolds.

HEAVYWEIGHTS:

Dark side of Cupid
Truth or Consequences
Shadow Zone Forever
Apocalypse
Meatloaf

Honorable Mention:
Stiltskin

Even more interesting designs showed up in this weight class. Unfortunately, I saw a few designs that I thought would prove more successful with better stat allocation (I won't mention any names), but with the great variety of entrants in this class, it really will come down to RP's more than anything.

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHTS:

Final Boss
H-Bomb
Copperhead
Turbulence
Fulcrum

Honorable Mention:
Eurypterus

A little more unified like the lightweights, the SHW category is filled with plenty of strong pushers. Thrown into the mix are a few powerful spinners, and it will be interesting to see which ones can escape being manhandled by the various spikes, wedges, and lifters.

That's what I think. If you're pissed, RP extra hard to prove me wrong!

So what kind of predictions do you guys have?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Reckoning Predictions

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Cool thread. I'm looking to do an in-depth preview of at least one wieght class (possibly in video form) soon.

In a more personal view, I was interested to see Final Boss make the top 5 for the SHW, and not particularly surprised to see Sarge not make the MW top 5. It'll be tough that's for sure.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Reckoning Predictions

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm going to do a more in depth write up for the SHW, but here are my quick final four:

Lightweight:

Ace and Spades
Zombie Killer
Underall
The Windmill

Middleweight:

Shovearound 2.5
AMP
Shockwave XL
El Negro Muerte

Heavyweight:

Riot Control
Apocalypse
Shadow Zone Forever
Darkstar

Superheavyweight:

Eurypterus Evolved
Copperhead
JOLT
Turbulence

Swimm3r

Reckoning Predictions

Post by Swimm3r » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 pm

w00t, people like Apocalypse! :P

Here are my top choices, however wrong these predictions may turn out to be:

Lightweights:
Hit and Run
The Windmill
Endeavor Jr.
Ace and Spades

Honourable mention goes to Broken Wings for being very cool, sadly walkers never do well and I don't think it'll be stable enough to beat the fast wheeled robots.

Middleweights:
Taurus
Persius
Shockwave XL
El Negro Muerte

Again honourable mention is a Joey robot, Octavius. Very original and could be a dark horse in my opinion.

Heavyweights:
Riot Control
S.U.N.C.U.S.T
Nazi Zombie
Giant Swan

Honourable mention is Flank Attack, in my opinion with the mix of other designs it's in a win win/lose lose situation. It could go one way or another.

Superheavyweights:
Eurypterus Evolved
Panda-Mick
Fulcrum
Copperhead

Honourable mention to Amoeba, a very interesting design and it will be interesting to see how well it does.

Siphai

Reckoning Predictions

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Swimm3r</dt><dd>Jan 5 2009&#44; 04:44 PM</dd></dl><div> Honourable mention is Flank Attack, in my opinion with the mix of other designs it's in a win win/lose lose situation. It could go one way or another. [/quote]
lol this is exactly how I felt when I saw more and more bots registering. There are just some bots, like Darkstar or Nazi Zombie, that I have no clue how to actually win against :-P

NWOWWE

Reckoning Predictions

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Man Swimm3r... ouch. lol.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Swimm3r

Reckoning Predictions

Post by Swimm3r » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:15 am

Sorry if I didn't list any of your bots, I'm probably wrong you know

NWOWWE

Reckoning Predictions

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Nahh, I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty familiar territory for me. Besides you gotta go with what you think is the best.