Discussion Thread: Cherry Bomb Classic 2

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Sep 29 2017, 07:09 PM</dd></dl><div>ATTENTION

as of right now playzooki's bots are missing from the sign up page. Until they are re-uploaded, playzooki's bots will be disqualified from their matches.

thank you[/quote]im out all weekend, not like i was going to win anyway lol. does that mean i get -1 point for a bye?

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:02 pm

It means Kugelblitz has now taken its place on the Dream Team in case of emergencies. :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:52 pm

There we go, all RPs up. Sorry for the wait.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Predictions time&#33;
<big>
Middleweight:
</big>

STOP vs. Diablo Intercept:
ordinarily this would be a close match, but zooki got himself DQed for the week, so DI wins by default.
Frost Viper vs. Initial D: Initial D has good skids and its drum hits too hard, while FV can't do much damage in its anti-spinner config. Initial D definitely wins this.
Mimete IV vs. Dead On Arrival: Hinged plow vs. 2WD forks = 3 corner damage for DOA. This combined with his shape making it nearly impossible for Mimete to use its weapon without getting hit and the massive damage he can do if he can chain hits on it at all means the drum spinner gets the win.

Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker vs. 3 of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Lol, the poor writer&#33; (inb4 I get assigned this). Anyway, the hammer portion of Pat's cluster can easily one-shot its opponent, but he has 1 speed, which leaves the clamp fighting THREE robots that have a drivetrain advantage over it.
Go&#33; Go&#33; Zeppeli vs. Carcinogen: GGZ is, on one hand, horribly slow and unmaneuverable. On the other hand, Carcinogen doesn't have great frontal armor, and has to avoid letting GGZ make contact at all. Carcinogen might be OOTA-capable, but GGZ's awkward shape will make it very difficult to accurately flip. I think Carcinogen still has the better odds, but not by much.
Black Dog vs. Spectral Pudding: If there's one thing Black Dog's good at, it's destroying fast bricks with hinged wedges. Guess what Spectral Pudding is? Oh, and it can't self-right with the rear wedge equipped.

Spicy Mozarella vs. Wulven II: Wulven has a slight drivetrain advantage, but a worse wedge and no active weapon. This'll be close, but I think Spicy Moz can take this.
Rooster Teeth vs. Necroblade: I made fun of Rooster Teeth in the rankings discussion, but actually I think Josh has this. Necroblade loses weapon-to-weapon 5-3 and he can't hit anything BUT weapon. His wedge will only last a couple of hits, and this arena has a lot of space for RT to pinball around in and no corners to get stuck in. Unless RT gets flipped by a house robot or the IED and Necroblade can hit his underside while he's coining around, I don't see how he can lose this.
SeaDevil 2 vs. Sekhmet: Rofl.

Chaotic Insurgency vs. Mega Frogbot: On one hand, Mega Frogbot is OOTA-capable. On the other hand, it can be out-wedged and will have a lot of trouble getting around CI's turret. This is about a 50/50.
Thallium vs. Stabstract Jr: Simply put, Thallium doesn't have the power to get the KO here, although if driven well it could tear up Stabstract's wedges. Still picking Stabstract though.
Crash Blossom vs. Suplex 2: Hmm... these bots are pretty similar stat-wise. CB has the better wedge I think, but Suplex can pick it up completely whereas CB can only lift or static clamp. However, CB's torque advantage means clamping without lifting could still be enough. I'm picking Crash Blossom.

<big>
Heavyweight:
</big>

Sawtooth vs. Night Jackal: Night Jackal has 16 weapon, Sawtooth's wheelguards have 11 armor. NJ can KO with repeated hits, and since this arena gives it lots of room to maneuver, hazards off in the center, and no corners, I think it can get the big hits it needs.
Death Metal vs. Undertow IV: Basically, Death Metal doesn't have the power to damage Undertow's rear shield at all, and doesn't have the maneuverability to get around this. It's an easy win for Undertow unless Jack screws up.
Compound Fracture vs. Flandre Scarlet: My bot lol. Flandre pretty much has to get to CF's sides to cause any real damage, and it's at a huge speed disadvantage. It also has no srimech, and it's in the arena where the hazards are two housebots with vertical spinners and a giant flipper.

Starstruck vs. Gangrenous Leech:
Oh boy. Welp, basically Starstruck's only means of doing damage is taking a wheel off, which will be pretty hard given the drivetrain disparity. Gangrenous Leech bricks its way to victory.
Nemesis High Slinger 2 vs. Error 503: 7 armor flipper... 16 weapon undercutter... arena too big to box rush and oota... yeah, this is going to end in complete annhilation for NHS2.
Pallas 2 vs. Warlock: Oh, boy. Fast wedge vs. slower clamp. Uhh... let's say Pallas, but who knows.

Dreaming of Screaming vs. Barley Picker: Assuming Jamie RPs, this is a close match. Basically BP has a decent speed advantage, and can potentially get to Dreaming's wheels due to Screaming's limited reach. But if he gets hit by that undercutter, he's done.
Golden Blaze vs. Super Smash Bros: SSB was able to pull off an awesome KO against Dreaming of Screaming... by flanking it. Now they're fighting a ring spinner with an obscene amount of reach. Golden Blaze kills itself in 4 hits, but I can't see SSB lasting that long.
Hellhound V vs. Klarinette: Oh boy, the same fucking robot except one has tracks. Well, not really. Actually Hellhound probably dominates the match due to its drivetrain advantage unless Klarinette manages to ram his ass into a house robot in the final 30 seconds or something.

Depression vs. Mr. Bight Sky: So basically Depression sits in one place and Pat inevitably repeatedly tries to ram him, but can't actually stop the shell so he can get in a flip, and he eventually gets torn apart.
Izzy vs. Odin: Odin has a slight drivetrain advantage, so using his spinner could've been viable. He'd lose weapon-to-weapon 3-1, but he'd still have plenty of chances to angle in and seriously mess up Izzy's weak armor. Instead, he chose his plow. While it's utterly indestructible, the rest of him isn't, and Izzy outwedges him. I expect Izzy to eventually pop him in the air and tear his poorly-armored chassis to bits.
Vomit Comet vs. Glacier: Well, Vomit Comet could've won this with a decent strategy, but Syl just gave up and decided to run away from 3 minutes. Great.

<big>Superheavyweight:</big>
Final Nail in the coffin vs. Triple 6: Oh boy. 11 power hammer vs. 10 armor flipper who can just barely OOTA it. And also Shaba's faster and appears to have a slightly better wedge. GG.
Crush-a-mon vs. Parasoul: Jesus Christ... the funniest part about this matchup is that even if Pat miraculously gets his crusher into play, he still can't actually KO Parasoul. Yeah... I'm not sure if there's ANY bots Crush-a-mon can beat, but this sure ain't one of them.
Lifter 2 Electric Boogaloo vs. Red Menace: 12armorboiz. Basically Red Menace is going to get pushed around all match while flailing ineffectively with its hammer, and probably take a couple housebot hits that prevent it from winning on cosmetic damage points.

Fear Sphere vs. Fenrir: Hmm... these two are pretty close in drivetrain. Fenrir only wins weapon-to-weapon 3-2, and can get one-shotted by a chassis hit, but the major danger is it tossing Fear Sphere into the air and getting a followup hit. Fenrir probably wins, but it isn't a foregone conclusion.
The Godfather III vs. Morality: Well... actually, Godfather's saws technically take ZERO seconds to penetrate White Devil's armor, so technically he could get 4 corner damage instantly even without pinning. Unfortunately, if he screws up at all he'll get decked by White Devil's drum, and Black Devil has equal maneuverability to Godfather and will be running interference.
Lethal Injection 3 vs. Phantasmic Slammer: Clash of the titans here. Orgasmic Slammer MIGHT just barely be able to OOTA LI3, but I think mostly this will be a battle for control points. There, PS has the edge on drivetrain, but I'm not sure it can get under LI3. This one's 50-50.

Leviathan vs. Chemical Explosion III Series:
Leviathan can theoretically one-shot ChemEx, but what's most likely going to actually happen is his giant wheels are going to get torn off immediately because 5 corner damage.
Scrapyard Miscreation vs. Rattletail: Oh, boy... what the fuck is this. Honestly I think this could come down to which bot the writer hates more :V
Agent X vs. Ritual: Agent X really doesn't have much of a drivetrain advantage, and that saw is a serious threat to it. OTOH, the house robots or IED could do massive damage to Ritual. I'll tentatively pick Ritual.

TWOSCOOPS vs. Live Wire: Playzooki got DQed for refusing to re-upload his bot images, but Live Wire would have probably kicked his ass anyway.
Solaris Omega vs. Krieg: Krieg has a devastating drum, but actually loses weapon-to-weapon due to its terrible armor. Problem is, angling in only slightly will let it destroy Solaris's weapon supports, and it has a traction advantage, strafing, and less susceptibility to gyro forces. Krieg wins, probably by KO.
Ceres vs. Jajanken: Uhh... rofl. Basically this comes down to whether the writer believes me or Kody about the effectiveness of Ceres's hammer blockers.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:37 PM</dd></dl><div>

zooki got himself DQed for the week, so DI wins by default.
[/quote]fuck off i've stayed up this fucking late to fucking upload some shit pictures.

https://s25.postimg.org/m6gg5jnun/varg.png
https://s25.postimg.org/43ndegpgv/twoscoops.png

fucking swedish horsefucker deleting my pictures

if i play like shit tomorrow this is arc's fault.

Jamied666

Post by Jamied666 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:57 pm

love you too play <3

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:37 PM</dd></dl><div>

[/quote]fuck off i've stayed up this fucking late to fucking upload some shit pictures.

if i play like shit tomorrow this is arc's fault.[/quote]Image
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:37 PM</dd></dl><div>

if i play like shit tomorrow this is arc's fault.[/quote]arent you a bright lil ray of sunshine

here's a great fuckin idea: maybe not make shit pictures and actually give a toss about what you're entering?

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 04:07 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>Sep 30 2017, 03:37 PM</dd></dl><div>

if i play like shit tomorrow this is arc's fault.[/quote]Image[/quote]for fuck's sake

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:21 pm

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Jamied666 - Today at 11:07 PM
Hey NFX, If I give you my rps for cbc2 here could you put them into the rp thread that they need to goto?

NFX - Today at 11:08 PM
I could paste them in, I suppose

Jamied666 - Today at 11:08 PM
Thanks
Gimme a moment[/quote]

A convo containing relevant information
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:52 pm

hey here's my robot, please take it seriously or else

PS i know how to use rhino, but am instead opting to enter 5 minute paintbots

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:55 pm

7.8/10 too much exposed wheel

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:33 am

why do you have a picture of the antichrist, supreme leader of the U.S court, and the one of the key architects of the hilarocaust on your robot mr. as :v
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:33 pm