Registration help

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

ajrobotics

Registration help

Post by ajrobotics » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Hello. My name is IJ, but you could call me ajrobotics. I'm begin register this forum for five times and now I'm in. THANK YOU! Anyway, how can I enter the fantasy robot wars tournament?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Registration help

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi, I just wanted to split this off to keep the Registration topic clutter free.

Anyway, registering is quite simple. You just need a team of four bots made in either CAD or Paint or something similar (one for every weight class) and then assign them stats based on the system described in the registration thread.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Registration help

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Also, if you need someone to do CADs, I'd be willing to offer my help. In fact, I might make a new thread later for that.

However, I think I've seen some of your own cads in the past AJ, if I'm not mistaken?

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Registration help

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Oh yeah, AJ's one damn good renderer.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

MadBull

Registration help

Post by MadBull » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:51 pm

you guys are totally right, Ive seen Andy's renders and they are SO much better than the crappy renders I always make, like the ones showed below

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Registration help

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Of course he makes better than those, even mine, sheesh...

Now unlike Marti here, I'm not gonna post the pics directly on here and waste pagefile size. :P

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11 ... the4th.png
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11 ... iteHex.png
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11 ... bloon6.png
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11 ... fDread.png
http://www.geocities.com/origkody/Kracko.png

Come on, AJ, post your shit up here. Not literally, of course. XD
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Area51Escapee

Registration help

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Damn, both of you guys have awesome CADs. I'll try to match, but I gotta get the rest of my team ready first.

MadBull

Registration help

Post by MadBull » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 am

Well, as this excellent topic is here anyway I may as well fire away some questions about my first ever ARC comp.

1. What's the arena like?

2. Twackbots... does this include both overhead and horizontal variants for the Speed=Weapon rule? (Blade Runner and The Master so to speak)

3. So Speed doesnt say anything about who fast they move from A to B AT ALL here?

4. If I have a weapon stat of 15 and like a billion weapons on my bot, will they all be insanely powerful?

5. Anything on clusterbots?

6. There's a member called Joeychevron trying to be approved and start rocking, can anyone help him?:P

NWOWWE

Registration help

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:53 am

Okay, I'll see if I can get some of them... Other might be able to clarify a few I'm not so sure about off the top of my head.

1. Not sure just yet, I'm not sure if we using an old arena or if someone is going to design a new one, we should have an answer one way or the other soon.

2. I THINK it does. It's been awhile and I never use thwackbots, so I'm fuzzy on the details.

3. Speed covers how fast your bot moves (for non-y-drives mind you) across the ground. We don't have a 100% set in stone universal standard though to say something like: 8 speed = 10 mph, or something like that.

4. HAHAHA no... but seriously, no. Your weapon power is divided up between how many active weapons you have. For example, if you had a spinning disc and a lifter arm, that would be two active weapons so a weapon power of 10 would be divided to 5 and 5 for each.

5. I don't think we've made a new rule for them, because rules in the past have either been insanely in the culster bots advantage, or insanely in their disadvantage. Thankfully no has used them for quite some time now, but if you or anyone else is dead set on using them, let us know early so we can work some stat point system out for you.

6. Okay, I think I've taken care of him.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

joeychevron

Registration help

Post by joeychevron » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 am

...yep, that was me. :P

Thanks for that NWOWWE, will be finishing up and entering some sort of squad shortly (some FRA machines ARCised, some completely new). Should be a nice break from the detailed stats if nothing else.

MadBull

Registration help

Post by MadBull » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:48 am

... so there are 2 kinds of robots, the Y-drive/twackers and the rest? and between those the following can be said

Y-drive/twackers: Speed means ONLY weapon power and Weapon means ONLY ground speed

Rest: other way around

Area51Escapee

Registration help

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 am

"1. What's the arena like?"

We'll have a new arena shortly. We'll probably have an arena similiar (or the same, for that matter) to the ARC: Backlash arena. So if you want to get an idea, you can refer to that.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Drowning_Ci ... wtopic=639

"2. Twackbots... does this include both overhead and horizontal variants for the Speed=Weapon rule? (Blade Runner and The Master so to speak)"

Yes. Basically, any kind of weapon that doesn't use some kind of motor for it's actual weapon will be relying on it's speed stat. I hope that clears it up.

"3. So Speed doesnt say anything about who fast they move from A to B AT ALL here?"

Not really. It's more of a general idea. As in, 5 is mediocre speed, 8 is fast and 10 is VERY fast. We might come up with a direct comparison at some point if enough people want it.

"4. If I have a weapon stat of 15 and like a billion weapons on my bot, will they all be insanely powerful?"

What NWOWWE said.

"5. Anything on clusterbots?"

Here's what we came up with for multibots as far as a "fair rule". Let me use an example. Let's assume these are the stats for a "2 bot" clusterbot.
Armor: 6
Speed: 8
Torque: 8
Weapon: 0

The weapon, torque and armor stats are all divided among how many bots you have. For example, this multibot with a torque of 8 with 2 bots, each would have a torque of 4 (both bots would also have a 3 armor). However, speed is not divided. So, both of these two bots, in this case, would have a speed of 8 each. Also, since the weapon is also divided, it's recommended not to give it an active weapon so you dont have to waste stat points. That's entirely up to you, though.

Another thing you could do is if you want one bot to be torquey and another one not to be. Instead of evenly distributing that torque. You could give one of those two bot a "7" torque and the other a "1" torque, but you would have to specify that in your registration.

If you have any other questions regarding this topic, let me know.

MadBull

Registration help

Post by MadBull » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:04 am

"3. So Speed doesnt say anything about who fast they move from A to B AT ALL here?"

sorry, I see I wasnt very clear here, I was talking specifically about twackers and Y-drives :)

apart from that, thanks alot guys, ure of great help :)

joeychevron

Registration help

Post by joeychevron » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:07 am

I think the problem here is what happens if a robot has the ability to be a thwackbot, but also has an active weapon...in that case the rules contradict themselves a bit with regards to speed and things get confusing.

NWOWWE

Registration help

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Well to be fair I don't think there has been many (if any at all) thwackbots that also have active weapons.