Registration help

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

MadBull

Registration help

Post by MadBull » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 pm

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/ ... _/Liar.jpg this bot I posted in this very thread earlier combines horizontal twacking with a flipper, lol :D Im not sure if Im gonna enter it for this tournament though

still Im a bit in the dark here, for a twacker/Y-driver, what does the Weapon stat mean? Ive done some research on past competitions and many twackbots have a Weapon stat of 0, yet according to the rules the Weapon stat must mean SOMETHING for these bots?

Area51Escapee

Registration help

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:28 pm

I need to clarify a few things. First off, you can definitely enter that bot. If you do, this is what will be the case:

Speed - Will represent how fast your bot can thwack horiz/overhead wise. In addition, it also represents, in general, how fast your bot moves.

Weapon - Will represent how much power your flipper has.

Your bot can be very good with this design, but you'll probably have to sacrifice either low torque or armor.

Also, for a thwackbot, the weapon stat CAN represent how fast a bot can move while spinning. This rule in indeed the most confusing we have as far as making things "simple and clear". A lot of people don't opt for that ability, though, so they sometimes just keep their weapon at 0, which means they pretty much just spin in place. However, if you have a flipper for your thwackbot, you'll have to give 2 different statss for the weapon category (ie: Weapon for moving while spinning: 2 Weapon for flipper: 5).

Sorry for any confusion. I hope that clears a little bit up. If not, then I probably confused you even more. =P

joeychevron

Registration help

Post by joeychevron » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:35 pm

It cleared it up for me at least, one of my entries works on similar principles to Liar so that's helped a lot thanks.

Got my team together for this thing now, just waiting on a few people much more artistically talented than me to knock me up some CADs.

MadBull

Registration help

Post by MadBull » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Edit: nm, did some misreading, its all clear now thanks Area51Escapee!:D