New Fantasy League?

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

New Fantasy League?

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Before I would start to organize this thing, I need to know who would be interesting in signing up for a new fantasy CFL league? If so, would anyone be willing to help out with it? Jobs would include league manager, result writers, cad helpers, arena designer and such. I would be willing to be a results writer and a cad helper (meaning, I would do cad requests for people needing new bots). However, due to my show, my job and all the other factors, I don't really want to be in charge.

If there isn't enough interest, it's not worth bothering. In all honesty, I don't even know how many people still visit this site, but I thought I might start here to get a general idea.

The catch is, if there is a league, it would most likely be on a different site. If it is on here, it might be accessbile through multiple forums. Just simply put, if we want a nice sized CFL tourney to happen, we can't rely just on DC anymore because there's just not enough people.

If there's interest, let me know what you think...

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

New Fantasy League?

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:46 pm

I'd be more than willing to resume duties as a writer, but I'd be wary (and you'd know why Chris lol) as to being in charge. I mean, if there was enough interest and no one took charge, I'd do it, but I'd prefer if someone else who wanted to do that job stood up first.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

ACAMS

New Fantasy League?

Post by ACAMS » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 pm

I can help CAD

succotash_54

New Fantasy League?

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Still interested. Still like to have it here if possible.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

New Fantasy League?

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:37 am

Ideally yes. Moving to a different site would probably only be a last resort thing, I would think.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

ACAMS

New Fantasy League?

Post by ACAMS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:31 am

You should have it here and make a thread about it on rfshq.com and gametechmods.com and then keep us updated.

ALSO, those of you who still do Robot Arena 2......there is always some kind of tournament going at gametechmods, usually an AI tournament where you build a bot, or in some cases bots and send them in to the tournament host to battle and vids made of the battles. You can AI your bot, or the host will AI it. There have been several advancements in the game lately in building techniques and AI control. Serge (mEgAbYtE to some of you) has made a new decompiler/compiler that works on arenas and the car steering and such so you will see new mods in the near future.

http://myfolderz.com/ACAMS/RA2/airplane1.jpg
http://myfolderz.com/ACAMS/RA2/airplane2.jpg

Did not want to take up space with a pic in your FL topic.

EDIT: YES, the 50cal machine guns do work.

Siphai

New Fantasy League?

Post by Siphai » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:24 am

Still interested in this