Challenge Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:53 am

Wow, Wolf 51-50 beat me to the punch with the posting of his RP, convenient!

Anyway, here's the match.
--

"In the red square, more homicidal than Agent Smith, is more dangerous than Judge Dredd to a criminal, and as crooked as a cheap lawyer! Here is, NEOPHYTE REDGLARE! "

"In the blue square, this bot has escaped a federal prison and left no survivors, and even that was what this bot was capable of doing when sober! Now imagine what this bot will do heavily intoxicated! Give it up for, OUTRAGE! "

The buzzer sounds, and Outrage realizes that Neophyte Redglare is boxrushing him, and he stops dead in his tracks! Neophyte Redglare couldn't evade in time so it's lower-left side suffers a major, major hit from Outrage! Wait, what is that? Is that a part of Neophyte Redglare's wheelguards? Oh yes it is! Luckily the wheelguards were there, or else who knows what would happen! Neophyte Redglare gets sent skidding across the arena, but it's back for more carnage!

If anything with the match against Triple B is to go by, i don't want to be anywhere near that launcher, hell, I don't want to be near any of these two bots! Neophyte Redglare rushes towards the backside of Outrage, drifts like it's Tokyo Drift, and gets under Outrage, while suffering minor damage to it's launcher, and oh jeez, Outrage gets sent flying across the arena and lands on it's side, it's near the hazards, it's spinnin' like a top but it's back in no time! Looks like the impact knocked a few screws loose on Outrage.

Outrage and Neophyte Redglare go at it again, the skiddin', driftin' of Neophyte Redglare happens as it goes towards it's back, but Outrage ain't falling for that, but it's too late and OH MAN! That launcher Neophyte Redglare has is no joke, and neither is the spinner on Outrage! The two bots comes towards eachother, and Outrage catches Neophyte Redglare by it's side! The armor panelling on it's side holds up, but just barely, and the two bots gets sent skiddin' across the arena!

The two bots come after eachother, Neophyte Redglare does it's now trademark Tokyo Drifting move, or is it Alternia Drift? No time for snarky comments and jokes, because Outrage almost tried to outsmart Neophyte Redglare, but it gets caught by the hinged wedge of Neophyte Redglare, and gets launched across the arena, towards the wall drums. Outrage slides across the arena and gets hit by the drums, but suffers little to no damage.

Outrage and Neophyte Redglare rush at eachother once more--but the buzzer sounds, signalling the end of the match. This leaves a dissapointed audience, but a match that proves that these two bots matched together is like a regular gym-goer and a leatherhead fighting against eachother--utter chaos.

As this was a close match, we have to get out the judges, but judging by the look on their face, they know what they like.

The winner, by a judges decision, is..

<big>OUTRAGE&#33;</big>

--

This was a close match to write, I was leaning towards Neophyte Redglare due to aggression and it not backing down, and it launching Outrage across the arena, but Outrage did more damage and suffered little-to-no damage.

If you think my decision is bullshit, please grab your pitchforks and let me know, i'm always welcome to an angry mob. :v:
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Challenge Thread

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:38 am

Groucho

Speed: 20
traction: 1
Torque: 1
Weapon: 5
Armor: 3

horizontal spinner (mustache is a flywheel). 4WD, wheels are exposed at the rear, and the body's angles ensure that it either falls onto its back or front

I dare anyone to challenge this beast&#33;
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:44 am

:P If you insist
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen

Challenge Thread

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:49 am

RP:

as of the point of his acceptance of my challenge, his robot has no stats (proof: http://i.imgur.com/qseYRdl.jpg)

therefore, I shall simply win by existing&#33;
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:55 am

Umm yeah. He has 1 torque, so it'll takes what, 10 seconds for him to reach full speed? Once he does, just strafe out of the way. He'll go splat into the wall because, ahem, no control. At this point, go for any part of him and splatter him to pieces. After that, play with the little mustache on the floor. Avoid hazards and the Outa Zone. If he tries to state that I have no stats, I actually edited the post before he even posted his RP, so whatever argument he tries to make there is invalid :P

Good luck

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Challenge Thread

Post by Madman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:50 am

<big>Hoarfrost</big>

It should be pretty obvious to people what this is and what it does.

9 Speed / 9 Traction / 3 Torque / 9 Armour (+2 Armoured Belt) / 0 Weapon

fite me.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Challenge Thread

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:08 am

WTF are you doing up at this time? Isn't it like 6:00 AM there? Anyways, I'll fight you with Bluetooth, but it's going to be statted as follows:

Speed: 9 &#124; Traction: 9 &#124; Torque: 4 &#124; Weapon: 1 &#124; Armour: 7
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

winternimbus

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am

So, Groucho V.S Hoarfrost it is, then?

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Challenge Thread

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:46 am

I thought it was Groucho vs Outrage and Hoarfrost vs Bluetooth.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Venice Queen

Challenge Thread

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:49 am

Yeah wolf and i rpes... Though it looks like he posthumously edited his stats and rp; shame on him for that&#33;
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

winternimbus

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:49 am

Righty then.

I'll be waiting for the RP's to be finished and i'll get to writing the results.

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

-NWOWWE, 2017

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 19 2017, 11:49 AM</dd></dl><div>Yeah wolf and i rpes... Though it looks like he posthumously edited his stats and rp; shame on him for that&#33;[/quote]Stats, why not? It would make the fights against Outrage a lot more clear than without. But accusing me of editing my RP is....actually rather uncalled for if you ask me

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

Venice Queen

Challenge Thread

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:11 pm

He admits&#33; Burn him&#33;

:v:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

winternimbus

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:12 pm

This one will be easy&#33; :v:

--

"In the red square, he has a funny 'stache, this mustachioed man is hellbent on eliminating anyone who gets in his way, here is, GROUCHO&#33;"

"In the blue square, this bot is at large, so you better pack your bags and run for your mama, but even your mama isn't safe from.. OUTRAGE&#33;"

The buzzer sounds and--oh whats this?

Looks like Groucho isn't moving&#33; Could this be that it ascended to another plane of existence, but watch out Groucho, Outrage is comin' for you, better get your chakras in line and snap back to this plane, because i'm pretty scared for what will happen next&#33;

Outrage is now almost towards the arena, you can see the anti-press dust getting blown due to the force of Outrage's spinner, and Groucho isn't moving, and-OHHH NOOO&#33; Groucho&#33; Groucho gets blown away from the force of Outrage's spinner, and there's pieces of Outrage all strewn across the arena floor&#33; Outrage skidded a bit by the force of the impact, but Outrage suffered little to no damage, and it's coming towards Groucho&#33;

I can't watch this, i'm sorry&#33;

BOOM&#33; Groucho, the mustachioed bot is now reduced to a mere parts that's blown across the arena&#33; Oh, poor Groucho&#33;

The buzzer sounds, huh, the match was done in around 30 seconds or less&#33;

Your winner, by knockout, is..

<big>OUTRAGE&#33;</big>

To make everybody feel better, Groucho is a winner too, but a winner of the "most totally fucked" award.

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

-NWOWWE, 2017

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:22 pm

I'm a bit confused with what you were getting at Gabe :v: I never did edit my RP thank you very much. And considering that I managed to post my stats before you could post your RP meant that you had time to actually look at the stats and make a decent strategy. But I guess you could say that this was an.....OUTRAGE? :v: :v: :v: Am I not hilarious :P

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2