Robot Bastards 2: The New Era - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:22 pm

If you give every unrealistic bot benefit of the doubt, you give them an unfair advantage. An uninvertible bot that's allowed to drive upside down gets an edge over a similar bot that sportingly spent a point on a srimech. A vertical spinner that goes through the floor would get under every wedge and win all the time if it's not written as 'not working'.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 pm

To say nothing about oval discs being allowed to work! :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>BEES</dt><dd>Feb 22 2017, 03:22 PM</dd></dl><div>If you give every unrealistic bot benefit of the doubt, you give them an unfair advantage. An uninvertible bot that's allowed to drive upside down gets an edge over a similar bot that sportingly spent a point on a srimech. A vertical spinner that goes through the floor would get under every wedge and win all the time if it's not written as 'not working'. [/quote]I think there's a difference between an unrealistic concept and bad rendering. As long as it's clear what the bot should do and that's within the realm of possibility as allowed by physics and the rules, and people understand what the bot should actually do, it ought to be fine. I'm not sure that's clear here though.
If a robot is actually designed in an unrealistic way it should be sent back for redesign before the tournament starts.

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:09 pm

Are entries still open, I'm considering Ricochet to replace the recent new HW.

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 01:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Are entries still open, I'm considering Ricochet to replace the recent new HW.[/quote]The tournament has already started, so clearly no.

Unless BEESNick is willing to crowbar you in to remove the byes. :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>attackfrog</dt><dd>Feb 22 2017, 10:48 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>BEES</dt><dd>Feb 22 2017, 03:22 PM</dd></dl><div>If you give every unrealistic bot benefit of the doubt, you give them an unfair advantage. An uninvertible bot that's allowed to drive upside down gets an edge over a similar bot that sportingly spent a point on a srimech. A vertical spinner that goes through the floor would get under every wedge and win all the time if it's not written as 'not working'. [/quote]I think there's a difference between an unrealistic concept and bad rendering. As long as it's clear what the bot should do and that's within the realm of possibility as allowed by physics and the rules, and people understand what the bot should actually do, it ought to be fine. I'm not sure that's clear here though.
If a robot is actually designed in an unrealistic way it should be sent back for redesign before the tournament starts.[/quote]Agreed. I think we can all agree what the basic concept of DUDE and what it's designed to do. Sorry that I'm not the greatest at designing stuff haha.

Could be worse though, I could have just entered shitty 2d paint bots and leave it up to the imagination. =P

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Could be worse though, I could have just entered shitty 2d paint bots and leave it up to the imagination. =P[/quote]Hey wait a minute&#33; :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 pm

I will write its flipper as working this week, btw
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Could be worse though, I could have just entered shitty 2d paint bots and leave it up to the imagination. =P[/quote]Hey wait a minute&#33; :v: [/quote]I use offensive and I find this 2D paint.net drawings. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 04:08 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Could be worse though, I could have just entered shitty 2d paint bots and leave it up to the imagination. =P[/quote]Hey wait a minute&#33; :v: [/quote]I use offensive and I find this 2D paint.net drawings. :v:[/quote]*waits for a rumble where paintbots face cad bots :v: *
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 04:08 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:42 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Feb 23 2017, 03:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Could be worse though, I could have just entered shitty 2d paint bots and leave it up to the imagination. =P[/quote]Hey wait a minute&#33; :v: [/quote]I use offensive and I find this 2D paint.net drawings. :v:[/quote]Do 3d paint drawings then&#33; :v:
Last edited by playzooki on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:36 am

I'm in total agreement with attackfrog on this one. There's a difference between being designed unrealistically and rendered erroneously. I think that as long as intent is reasonably clear, we shouldn't demand that people be CAD masters in order to participate. Doing so would be a swell way not to grow our playerbase but to shrink it. Glad to see that you're on board with that, Gabe.

Also, if there's a painbot rumble, I'm entering Howler I. :P
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:23 pm

And that's all three of mine up. Considering I'm far more used to writing long RPs, trying to keep within a small character limit's pretty difficult, but got there in the end.

Not sure if it counts spaces as characters though, but I did that just to make sure it's OK.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>/(PS. A message to the writers- since I've gone to the trouble of making an assbot whose main purpose is to be trashed, I'd appreciate it if Trump ex Machina is destroyed as violently and entertainingly as possible to avoid the rather anti-climactic "Deception wins in 30 seconds and two lines" thing that happened last time. Thanks&#33;)[/quote]

sniffles THANK YOU :qq:
(In all seriousness, I along with my entire family hate Trump with a burning passion, so this is really great. Thx :v: )

And Alex, as for entering Howler I, given how successful Huge was irl, please do :V
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Feb 25 2017, 11:21 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>/(PS. A message to the writers- since I've gone to the trouble of making an assbot whose main purpose is to be trashed, I'd appreciate it if Trump ex Machina is destroyed as violently and entertainingly as possible to avoid the rather anti-climactic "Deception wins in 30 seconds and two lines" thing that happened last time. Thanks&#33;)[/quote]

sniffles THANK YOU :qq:
(In all seriousness, I along with my entire family hate Trump with a burning passion, so this is really great. Thx :v: )[/quote]No problem&#33; We all pretty much do as well on ARC, so taking that into regard, I made Trump ex Machina so that everyone could have fun annihilating it in as many ways as possible. Basically, being patriotic and doing my bit for both ARC and America, and it's great to see it happening. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS