the royal rumble chat thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>patrickrowberry</dt><dd>Dec 25 2016, 08:22 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Dec 25 2016, 04:28 PM</dd></dl><div>is this uk ant or us ant?
also are we doing the 4 inch cube?
a few robots don't seem to be too plausible in real life if we are doing uk ant[/quote]us ant wight but there is very little difference and there is only 1 questionable design (wolfs) but i will be allowing it
i have no idea what the 4 inch cube is but i don't think we are doing it because that may force people to do redesigns very last secound

[/quote]there is a large difference between the two

the 4 inch cube is a rule that all uk antweights must be able to fit inside a 4 inch cube at the start of the fight. they are allowed to expand outside the cube after the start of the fight.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Dec 26 2016, 04:38 AM</dd></dl><div> Wolf's bot is harder to believe than feminism.[/quote]Don't you start.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 pm

*starts*
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:09 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 26 2016, 07:20 PM</dd></dl><div>*starts*[/quote]*bans*

:v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:21 am

Might have to pull out of tournament, due to the program that I am using to make PN (which is not solidworks or anything like that) basically requires me to be working constantly just to work out meshes and then spend even more time to spend building the robot.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Dec 27 2016, 07:21 AM</dd></dl><div>Might have to pull out of tournament, due to the program that I am using to make PN (which is not solidworks or anything like that) basically requires me to be working constantly just to work out meshes and then spend even more time to spend building the robot.[/quote]mate just use mspaint

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Dec 27 2016, 07:21 AM</dd></dl><div>Might have to pull out of tournament, due to the program that I am using to make PN (which is not solidworks or anything like that) basically requires me to be working constantly just to work out meshes and then spend even more time to spend building the robot.[/quote]i can lend you 1 of my spare robots

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Dec 27 2016, 03:09 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 26 2016, 07:20 PM</dd></dl><div>*starts*[/quote]*bans*

:v:[/quote]*rebels*

And if you'd like Mangle, I'm sure one of us would he happy to render something for you
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 am

Thanks guys for the support. I'll probably take Wolf51-50's offer and get it CADed or something like that. I have to ask, what's the bonus you get for your weapons - 30% or is 40%?

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:47 am

If you mean Armour, usually your weapon gets a +2 Armour bonus if it has 5 Weapon power behind it, and is less than 33& of the robot's surface area. The exceptions are spinning weapons, which don't need to adhere to the 33% rule, and get +4 Armour if their diameter is shorter than the robot's longest axis.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Dec 29 2016, 08:47 AM</dd></dl><div>If you mean Armour, usually your weapon gets a +2 Armour bonus if it has 5 Weapon power behind it, and is less than 33& of the robot's surface area. The exceptions are spinning weapons, which don't need to adhere to the 33% rule, and get +4 Armour if their diameter is shorter than the robot's longest axis.[/quote]Yeah I mean the weapon armour bonus. For something of this size, 33% is going to be massive. I'm also curious as whether or not the spikes/Apollyon horns would effect the bonus. Also, given you seem to one of the better people to do CADs, would willing to be mine?

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Generally spikes/catching teeth don't affect Armour bonuses, unless they are stupidly enormous.

I might be able to put together a quick render or something. I've got a few other things going on at the same time, so probably not too much detail.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:10 am

For the roleplay, should put it as all the robots strengths and weaknesses and then put in what we want to do them, or is just the other five robots and then next machine and so on?

Also, I might not be able to put the picture of PN in my space before the deadline (because things at home require me), so if wants to do it, you can.
Last edited by The Mangle on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:50 pm

You can list the opponents strengths and weaknesses if you wish, but it isn't mandatory. For rumbles, people either create a list of what they want to do to each opponent, or they make a short(ish) and sweet general RP of what you would like to do. When I doubt, take a look at the RPs of some of the past tournaments to get an idea. The most important thing is to always say at the end: Don't drive into hazards. But be sure to have fun with it of course
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:09 pm

the order has been random (mangle you were to late sorry)

8 7 9 1 4 5 6 2 3

meaning the order is

from first in to last in
1-advanced robot
2- Groucho
3-Sour Cherry
4-to fry
5-
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.