Week 2 Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Week 2 Spreads

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:39 pm

Let's look at the non-binding thoughts for this week!

LIGHTWEIGHTS:

1. Anti-Virus vs. Zombie Killer

Anti-Virus got a little lucky with the forfeit situation, I think, but now he takes on the defending champion. Zombie Killer is looking as good as ever. I was actually somewhat impressed by KB's RPing abilities. Most newbies suck in their first season as an RPer, but his stuff isn't too bad. However, point distribution will prove the deciding factor here.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 26-19

2. Sovereign vs. Dandelioness

We're waiting to see how the HWs stacked up from last week, but this time, the situation's reversed! This time, John has the bot with the torque-based weapon, and Philip has the powerful spinner. Sovereign finished runner-up in Revolution, and seems to have improved, but Dandelioness is a good piece better than last season (which alone was a huge improvement over its debut form! lol) Should be fun to see this one.

My prediction: Sovereign 30-15

3. Smack Happier vs. Foreigner

Foreigner had a shaky start last week, while Smack Happier had a good run against a good bot. If Foreigner can keep using the lifter, with a hammer as a back-up contingency, he has a fighting chance, but will it be enough?

My prediction: Smack Happier 23-22

4. Rampant vs. Extreme Hatred, Jr.

Andy's work is great when he's focused, and passable when he's not. He'll have to focus to take down this bot, who nearly won last week. For his part, Extreme Hatred, Jr. looks like it has a serious chance.

My prediction: Extreme Hatred, Jr. 24-21

5. The Windmill vs. Space Cowboy

If Paul can return to the land of the living, and not end up this season's version of Jason, Andrew, or Adam, this will be a good 'un. The Windmill needs to pull out all the stops to keep that weapon to bear. Space Cowboy's got some power and speed, BUT, the hold 'em teeth on the wedges are also bait for the spinning weapon of The Windmill.

My prediction: The Windmill by Knockout at 2:14

MIDDLEWEIGHTS:

1. Solstice vs. Pandemic II

Solstice will last the match, but will wish it hadn't.

My prediction: Pandemic II 42-3

2. Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected vs. Black Belt

This one looks about as even a match-up as any this week. I don't know if I'd call this one a barn burner though. May be a boring match to watch.

My prediction: Black Belt 25-20

3. Return Of Feedback vs. AMP

It's Eurypterus Evolved vs. JOLT....only in the Middleweight divsion. This may even be what the Finals will be like this season. Unless Paul never resurfaces.

My prediction: AMP 24-21

4. Rooster Teeth vs. Assassin

Assassin may want to drive backwards and use the big rear end this week, given the weapon deficiency. Either way, the runner-up will run this one up.

My prediction: Rooster Teeth by Knockout at 2:41

5. JAKT vs. Taurus

Both have a couple ways they can fight this one, and that will make this one interesting. Also, there's something interesting about JAKT that will work to his opponents' advantage. Still, don't count the yellow bot out. Even though...

My prediction: Taurus 23-22

HEAVYWEIGHTS:

1. Lil Hatred vs. The Arbiter

Lil Hatred won't have the cakewalk it had last week. The Arbiter isn't the joke it was last season. Might be close.

My prediction: Lil Hatred 23-22

2. Snijder vs. Some Kind Of Monster

So, second week in and these two RPers will see no more of each other until post-season. And that will be a relief for Paul in this instance.

My prediction: Snijder by Knockout at 1:28

3. Wrath Of Draco vs. Diamond Jim

The Wrath bot is a good one, but Philip beat this bot with Babaganoush. Still, this isn't Babaganoush fighting this week. Tough stuff. Wedging will be the determining factor.

My prediction: Diamond Jim 23-22

4. Catalyst vs. Stampede

Stampede's setup is important for this one. Both weapons have their advantages, so I don't know which one John will want to use.

My prediction: Stampede 24-21

5. Dark Star vs. Wedginator 5.0

At first I was going to say "John, be kind and finish him quickly." But given the sizable speed advantage for the pyramid, it may not be all she wrote after all. Nonetheless, that armor won't hold up for the whole match.

My prediction: Dark Star by Knockout at 1:10.

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT:

1. Eurypterus Evolved vs. Carnage

The plow is better for killing spinners, but with those little footies on Carnage, EE may just want to use the wedge setup to ensure control.

My prediction: Eurypterus Evolved 29-16

2. Copperhead vs. Red Flag

Ok, now I'll say it. John, be kind. Finish him off quickly.

Copperhead: raep

3. JOLT vs. Bruiser

Bruiser looks really low, but so does the tri-bar on JOLT. Nonetheless, better-armored bots have failed against this monster.

My prediction: JOLT 26-19

4. Plague vs. Sand Crab

I hate to be cocky, but I have a really good feeling about this one. But Plague surprised me with how well he held off Phobia last week, so Sand Crab will have to be a bit more careful than originally thought.

My prediction: Sand Crab by TKO at 2:44

5. Phobia vs. Mack The Knife

This is really one of the bigger question marks. I finally figured out how MTK works while writing the result last week against Copperhead. But these two bots seemed to be designed to take on each other. Which one's gonna make it? Even I don't want to make a prediction on this one. But it's what I do.

My prediction: Mack The Knife 25-20

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Week 2 Spreads

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:10 pm

LOL @ being predicted to get blown out again.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Area51Escapee

Week 2 Spreads

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 13 2007&#44; 01:10 AM</dd></dl><div> LOL @ being predicted to get blown out again. [/quote]
Yeah, rookie seasons are usually tough. Designs are usually not as great, especially against bots like Copperhead or JAKT. However, with good rping skills, there is no limit to how good you can be. I think you definitely have that playing in your advantage after some good RPs you had the first week.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Week 2 Spreads

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Sep 12 2007&#44; 08:42 PM</dd></dl><div> Yeah, rookie seasons are usually tough. Designs are usually not as great, especially against bots like Copperhead or JAKT. However, with good rping skills, there is no limit to how good you can be. I think you definitely have that playing in your advantage after some good RPs you had the first week. [/quote]
Thanks. I just wish Paul would've got his RPs in. I mean, I like wins, but forfeit wins not as much. I almost like losing more than forfeits, as then you see how you can improve.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux