arc showbots prediction thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:36 am

in order of the robot with the last to most chance

17-gecko ( i learnt no control the hard way)
16- Spatula (because there is no robot yet)
15- Glunk ( a sitting duck for mostly everything)
14-Turbocharge ( a unique idea but can't self right)
13 the lobster (it may not work so well)
12-atom ( that weaponry looks to easy to jam)
11- playzookies long as name robot ( ms paint do not work here man)
10- BUNKER BUSTER 9 if it wins its first match it can go far but is agents something i may not be able to beat)
9- Harlem Heat (double trouble that could cause lots of trouble)
8- Hati and Sk

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:46 pm

Turbocharge vs Geko - Either way this is gonna be a clusterfuck
Galileo's Voyager vs Ritual - Might be close, going to come down to whether Ritual can angle in and get a saw/lift off before Galileo can get some drum hits off
Harlem Heat vs Playzooki's long name - 4wd flipper may have trouble getting under the hinged wedges of the two multibots unless he angles into the sides and doesn't get bullied by the other while flipping the first
Bunker Buster vs Taur - That bonus armour on Bunker Buster's front shield would help vs spinners, not so much in this match
Kamikaze Krab Killer vs The Dome of Dismay - I'm sorry, but The Dome of Dismay doesn't convince me.
Catcher in the Rye vs Atom - Atom is gonna have a lot of control issues, and while Catcher can't do much damage, he can grab atom by one of the wheels and drag him around for most of the match
Thresher Shark vs Hati and Sk
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hiicantpk</dt><dd>Aug 28 2016, 01:46 PM</dd></dl><div>Glunk confuses and angers me.[/quote]Then I'm doing my job. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:56 pm

That's fine Hii. Just don't think of it as another Tento :v:
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:27 pm

<big>Opening Round Predictions</big>

These are just for fun, and given good (or bad) enough RPs, I firmly believe that any match can go either way.

Gecko vs. Turbocharge

Two novel designs that honestly probably won't work very well. Gecko will be able to move around quickly and easily while translating, but anything else is a crapshoot, and it won't do any damage to its opponent. Turbocharge, on the other hand, could do a lot of damage, but I have serious doubts about its ability to spin up, to demonstrate controlled movement, and to not hockey puck like mad as soon as its touched. This one's genuinely a toss-up.

Quality: 4/10
Novelty: 9/10
Prediction: 50 Gecko/50 Turbocharge (pick 'em)

Galileo's Voyager vs. Ritual

Galileo's Voyager could technically tear Ritual to shreds, but it's at a large drive train disadvantage and the front forks look like they'll actually impede its ability to bring the drum into play. Ritual, meanwhile, should be able to get around GV's sides, and its saw could actually have a bit of an impact.

Quality: 6/10
Novelty: 6/10
Prediction: 40 Galileo's Voyager/60 Ritual

Meat Rub vs. Harlem Heat

4WD flipper vs actuated lifter and hinged plow. This one's gonna be a snoozer, but Harlem Heat has the wedging advantage and the numbers to overwhelm a pretty basic brick.

Quality: 3/10
Novelty: 3/10
Prediction: 40 Meat Rub/ 60 Harlem Heat

Taur vs. Bunker Buster

Two good 2WD flippers with vastly different philosophies behind them. It's a shame that they're meeting this early, because both are quality. That said, Bunker Buster's wider wedge and better speed/control should give it a close win.

Quality: 8/10
Novelty: 4/10
Prediction: 40 Taur/60 Bunker Buster

Kamikaze Krab Killer vs. Dome of Dismay

Both of these bots look flimsy as hell, and DoD's armour bonus has just GOT to be illegal. KK's weapon is strong and goes 360 degrees, though.

Quality: 3/10
Novelty: 8/10
Prediction: 80 Kamikaze Krab Killer/20 Dome of Dismay

Catcher in the Rye vs. Atom

I want to like Atom. It's a brilliant design and looks cool, but six speed with two traction makes it basically uncontrollable. Catcher in the Rye is hard to picture without a good render, and I'm not sure how well its design will work, but the bottom line is that it has 12 frontal armour against an opponent with 13 weapon and not enough control to maneuver around it.

Quality: 5/10
Novelty: 7/10
Prediction: 70 Catcher in the Rye/30 Atom

Thresher Shark vs. Hati and Sk
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Got to be illegal, huh? It's a smotherbot. If the stats were illegal, it would have been pointed out by now. Don't try to nerf something that is completely new. Not inly is it the first smotherbot on ARC, it is the first bot that will try the new flamethrower rules. Tere are clear flsws in DoD. Want to find one? Start looking.

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:36 pm

You are in fact running incredibly close to the size limit on the armor bonus, and I certainly could have deemed it illegal, so uh, try being a bit less confrontational :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Ah alright. But we might need a rule for smotherers in the future. I tried to make something cool for showbots. I'm expecting a little bit of backlash, but it's a new design. Who says that it's going to do well? Even if it's pushing it, that doesn't mean that it should get nerfed right off the bat IMO

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Well then, seems that I struck a nerve in in pointing that out. If applied to the dome, the bonus covers more than 1/3 of the bot, which is technically illegal. Case closed. Gabe was nice enough to let you have it because you're trying something novel, he missed it initially, and whatever. It's not like we're militant about this shit, especially in a showbots tournament. That was more for future reference and to make sure that Gabe was aware and we could address it in the future, though I doubt there will be many smotherers. Now that he's seen it, he's decided to let it slide and see what happens. That's cool of him. We'll see how it goes.

Also, I'd have thought you'd know me better by now than to think that I, of all people, would try to nerf anything for balance. I'm usually leading the charge in the other direction, as you've seen many times before. However, while I'll push the rules and bend them, I'm not about to break them, and lines in the sand need to be maintained after they're drawn.

Finally, rest assured that I'll point out DoD's flaws if and when we meet. In any event, that won't happen this tournament, because both of us are probably going out in the first round, though you never know what might happen.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Not so much that, just surprised that that this was coming from you. Since I usually play by the rules, I might be able to manage change up the stats next time, or now if Gabe will allow it. I'm not going to take advantage of someone "letting it slide" if it's against the rules. If I can get the OK to fix the stats, I will.
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Naw dude, go with it. We do need to test out a new ruleset for smotherers, so consider a kind of pilot for that.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Can he just change the weapon stats to "5 dome, 5 flamethrower" using the multiple weapons rule, and use the weapon armor bonus? I feel this would be fairly reasonable, since the heavily-armored dome only really covers the front of the robot, and then only if it's lowered, so it's fairly easy to attack the weaker chassis.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:48 pm

I don't know, still seems a bit OP with that. But I have been thinking about making the next dome pneumatic when it drops. Therefore, I could lower the power of the dome by two points, and use those to keep the armor. But we will need more rules for that in the future regardless, so we metaphorically don't have someone using Box., taking out it's internal and bottom panel, and playing it off as a smothering shell :v:
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.