Holy cow! Spreads for Week 1?

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:56 pm

So yeah, I got to spreads a little early this season. Let's go!! Since it's no longer ironclad by teams, we'll look at this in divisions.

LIGHTWEIGHTS:

1. Sovereign vs. Smack Happier

The battle of the Johns! Smack Happier is one of kiazi's better bots, but Sovereign is one of Omega's newest great threats. SH is gonna have a hard time controlling S, while S is gonna have no problem damaging SH.

My prediction: Sovereign 25-20

2. The Windmill vs. Dandelioness

If Matt was around this season, there'd be no question how he got cut up. Dandelioness is much improved, but The Windmill actually looks pretty cool. But what else would you expect from a bot called "The Windmill" designed by our native Dutch boy? Still, as a fan of '60s rock, I gotta believe in flower power.

My prediction: Dandelioness 29-16

3. Zombie Killer vs. Extreme Hatred Jr.

"Nathan" returns with a bot that looks interesting. Fancy driving will be key for the defending champ, but don't hope for too much.

My prediction: Extreme Hatred Jr. 24-21

4. Rampant vs. Foreigner

Ok, I think Chris is trying to play Head Games with me here, making a bot that can attack both vertically and horizontally. He's expecting me to get Hot Blooded, but I shall remain Cold As Ice this time. But with a proven bot like Rampant, it may be Urgent for Chris to be aggressive, or else he'll get Double Vision, and then we'll see who the real Jukebox Hero is. Had enough yet?

My prediction: Foreigner 23-22.

5. Anti-Virus vs. Space Cowboy

Paul, I'm thoroughly disappointed with you. Poor MantaMan. It's now called Space Cowboy, but will it be more than The Joker that it was with Jimmy? And KBToyStores with a BA-alike. Attack of the Clones, folks.

My prediction: Space Cowboy 25-20

MIDDLEWEIGHTS

1. Pandemic II vs. Assassin

Ok, I'm really having a hard time making out the picture of Assassin, but nearest I can figure, it's supposed to be like Hazard? It looks cool though, I think. Pandemic II is proven though, so watch out.

My prediction: Assassin 28-17

2. Taurus vs. Pissed Off Poltergeist Returned

Hmm, I wonder what bot inspired Taurus.... and Kiazi brings back the bot that made us simultaneously love and hate bots with interchangeable weapons! Gonna be a big mess all over.

My prediction: Taurus by TKO at 1:21.

3. Return Of Feedback vs. Black Belt

Well.... it's the Alpha Test of my new design. I hope it wins. Unfortunately, Alex's infatuation with rammers makes it questionable.

My prediction: Return of Feedback 34-11

4. JAKT vs. Rooster Teeth

Wait a second.... Roosters don't HAVE teeth! Don't think John can win? Then you don't know JAKT! Anyway, this is a bot that was built to be interesting in the arena. Which one am I talking about? The answer is most definitely "Yes."

My prediction: JAKT 26-19

5. AMP vs. Solstice

Well, we're actually closer to an equinox than a solstice, but whatever. AMP will continue

My prediction: AMP by KO at 1:04

HEAVYWEIGHTS:

1. Diamond Jim vs. Dark Star

I think DJ has a chance, but my record against John just sucks too badly.

My prediction: Dark Star by KO at 2:33

2. Some Kind Of Monster vs. Stampede

Seriously? Ok, well, in that case. Yes, I quite see what you mean. No no... not at all. Still.... ok...

My prediction: Stampede by TKO at 2:00

3. The Arbiter vs. Snijder

I think along with Black Belt, Snijder is a bot that Omega would love to write a treatise on why this bot cannot be taken seriously. Still, I love the Dutch "ij" usage. Makes me homesick.

My prediction: The Arbiter by KO at 1:30

4. Catalyst vs. Wrath Of Draco

WoD will dominate when/if he can catch Catalyst. Also, having not seen Omega, "Nathan", or Viper post in awhile, I'm wondering how many forfeits we're gonna see this week.

My prediction: Wrath Of Draco 32-13

5. Lil' Hatred vs. Wedginator

Wedginator: The new Warper

My prediction: Lil' Hatred by KO 0:32

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHTS:

1. Eurypterus Evolved vs. JOLT

Last season's finals all over again! And if I write this result, I'm just as likely to kill off both bots simultaneously again. Cuz I rule that way. FEAR ME!!

My prediction: Eurypterus Evolved 23-22

2. Mack The Knife vs. Copperhead

Oh the shark babe, has such teeth dear, but so does the snake, so Josh, you're gonna get humiliated this time.

My prediction: Copperhead 30-15

3. Carnage vs. Sand Crab

Whoever wins, this will be an ugly one. But at least the bots have matching paintjobs this time.

My prediction: Carnage 25-20

4. Plague vs. Phobia

The SHW joke of last season looks more impressive this season. And Plague is a spinning threat as always, but not to fear, Phobia.

My prediction: Phobia 27-18

5. Bruiser vs. Red Flag

Red Flag raises a few in my mind.

My prediction: Bruiser 42-3

Remember, all predictions are just for fun. So don't take them too seriously.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 01:56 AM</dd></dl><div> 4. Rampant vs. Foreigner

Ok, I think Chris is trying to play Head Games with me here, making a bot that can attack both vertically and horizontally.&nbsp; He's expecting me to get Hot Blooded, but I shall remain Cold As Ice this time.&nbsp; But with a proven bot like Rampant, it may be Urgent for Chris to be aggressive, or else he'll get Double Vision, and then we'll see who the real Jukebox Hero is.&nbsp; Had enough yet?

My prediction: Foreigner 23-22. [/quote]
Hahahaha HEHEHEHE......lame.

The funny thing is...the bot wasn't even named after the band, just a name I cam across, even though I knew someone would make a joke like that, and here it is...Card 1. Foreigner is OK, but not that good.

Taurus is very similiar to ToC, yes, but in case you forgot, Taurus came out before ToC did. I just re-entered him this season because my theme is of all "rejected" bots.

Oh, and why exactly am I fighting Kiazi in MW this round but fighting Viper in the three other classes? I thought it was supposed to team vs. team for all classes.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Yeah I was wondering that too, but allegedly Viper came up with the card and supposedly it works out. Though this will make it more confusing to gameplan for upcoming weeks.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:05 pm

Well, I see Philip thinks I'm going to be swept, eh? Oh, and my team name is Team Zlayerz. Team Gore sounded too...stupid. Well it does now, actually.

Time to get some good RPs up, then.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:24 pm

help my laundry smells so gross i think i left it in there too long ewwww ew ew ew omg

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div> help my laundry smells so gross i think i left it in there too long ewwww ew ew ew omg [/quote]
insert hand remove clothes repeat

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div> help my laundry smells so gross i think i left it in there too long ewwww ew ew ew omg [/quote]
unless this is a subtle jab towards the american political system in which case i can't really help you

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:25 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div> help my laundry smells so gross i think i left it in there too long ewwww ew ew ew omg [/quote]
insert hand remove clothes repeat [/quote]
i did this and now they are smelly and in my room&#33;&#33; bad idea, im going to try and wash em again it smells so bad i want to cry

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:29 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:25 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div> help my laundry smells so gross i think i left it in there too long ewwww ew ew ew omg [/quote]
i did this and now they are smelly and in my room&#33;&#33; bad idea, im going to try and wash em again it smells so bad i want to cry [/quote]
go ahead and cry it proves that you are secure in your masculinity

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:34 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:29 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:25 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Sep 4 2007&#44; 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div> help my laundry smells so gross i think i left it in there too long ewwww ew ew ew omg [/quote]
i did this and now they are smelly and in my room&#33;&#33; bad idea, im going to try and wash em again it smells so bad i want to cry [/quote]
go ahead and cry it proves that you are secure in your masculinity [/quote]
just kidding it means you're gay