Cherry Bomb Classic - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 5 2016, 07:57 PM</dd></dl><div>not in this thread silly, edit your signup&#33; fix your signup post&#33; there's an edit button :P

if you can copy the link on mobile, you can certainly insert the images. you're currently copying the wrong link - you need to copy each individual picture, not the album as a whole.[/quote]I'm doing what I can. I'm doing exactly that but it's being weird and won't upload the actual picture. And I know, I'm terrible with this (you can tell,) I don't even know how to delete anything. Just for me and my mobile device's sake, just look at the links I posted on there instead. It's on the sign ups, there are pics in there all separate so please enjoy as I continue to figure this shit out :rofl:
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:31 pm

in other news, The Book of Carnage is hilarious... very clever design
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Yep that's what I was going for. Not to win the HW division (this time) but to kind of be the Box of CBC. Good luck to you sir

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:23 pm

Book of Carnage reminds me a little bit of Venus Fly Trap from ARC Armageddon, my first tournament over here. Definitely a fun design, it'll be interesting to see it in a fight =D
Last edited by NFX on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:35 pm

There's already a walking SHW deathspinner named Endgame :v:

in other news my summer job has given me plenty of time to plan up designs for this. Expect some fun new stuff once I get access to Rhino again.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:00 pm

Can you really call Endgame a deathspinner? it was more of a flop-on-its-sider :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 5 2016, 10:35 PM</dd></dl><div>There's already a walking SHW deathspinner named Endgame :v:[/quote]Bro, don't be that guy (jk :P, but really). It took me weeks just to think of the name. And looking at both versions of Doomerang, I expect a challenge. I look forward to it.
Is there a video or image of Endgame? I can't find it anywhere and would like to see if it compares. All I can find is one in the antweights
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:13 pm

And flop on it's sider as in pulling a Mauler? If so, this design is going to make up for the name. Besides
Endgame- the final stage of a game like chess where their are few pieces left.
Basically, at the end of the match, their will be few pieces left of the opponent. If Badnik believes that I simply copied the name (or design), it will make his defeat all the more sweeter when we face.
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:15 am

Oh geez...

Monsterworks, can you please change the walker bonus to +4? Everybody's entering eldritch horrors in this.

On a related note, I'm gonna have to step up my "obnoxious troll robot" game here.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Jul 5 2016, 11:08 PM</dd></dl><div>Is there a video or image of Endgame? I can't find it anywhere and would like to see if it compares. All I can find is one in the antweights[/quote]

Endgame was my first SHW on ARC. I can guarantee that your version is better. Feel free to keep the name.
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:49 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Jul 6 2016, 01:15 AM</dd></dl><div>Oh geez...

Monsterworks, can you please change the walker bonus to +4? Everybody's entering eldritch horrors in this.

On a related note, I'm gonna have to step up my "obnoxious troll robot" game here.[/quote]I might have to. If I see more than 4 eldritch horrors, then that'll be the way that I go. ATM, I feel as if two of the three entered are still easily beatable due to their unidirectional weaponry and 'meh' drive trains. I'm also designing arenas that are not necessarily favourable to bots that prioritize weapon heavily over drive train.

Whether or not walkers get nerfed, the slitherer bonus will remain at 6 for now since they're highly experimental. If they prove unbalanced, I have a custom stat system for them that I'll suggest we employ in future tournaments. With a few adjustments, it might also be viable for walkers.

On a related note, yes please. Enter something absurd.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 am

Honestly HotDealsInTexas, I've been working on this design for a while. And even with extra points, walkers have weaknesses all on their own. If you're willing to take those risks, then let's see a walking troll this time around.
Btw, stupid question but I've been meaning to ask, why the username?

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:20 am

Team Lineup has been posted in it's entirety with stats and pics, may be subject to change if i come up with cooler or scarier designs over time

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:16 am

Wolf51-50, please post in the Discussion thread instead of the sign-ups. Since I cannot move your post, I had to delete it.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 am

Got it