Cherry Bomb Classic - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>match</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>However, Captain Trips has to raise his lifter to drive up (the ramp)...[/quote]

for what it's worth, this is really silly. you want to know what's underneath my lifter wedge? another wedge&#33; if I can't get up the ramp with my lifter down than I can't get up it at all (which is in and of itself equally dumb - by that logic Hot Coffee&#33;, Xerxes, and any other 2WD wedge could not go up the ramp :V).

Glad to see the result up, though (and even happier that I won :V )
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Eh, I figured I wasn't in with much of a chance to beat Captain Trips. When I saw he was camping on the ramp, I figured I had no chance at all. :v: Still, had a decent run with it, and No Exit's still one of my personal favourite designs on my team. Let's see how the rest of my team holds up.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Alright, so basically, with Noisey gone, the flipper rumble winner, Hellfire, is a non-factor. That means that the runner-up, TVC, takes its place in One Bot to Rule them All. However, that gives Alex V two robots in the rumble, which isn't allowed. If you could pick one, Alex, that'd be great, and then the other place would default to the next-highest finished in that rumble.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Jan 12 2017, 06:31 PM</dd></dl><div>Alright, so basically, with Noisey gone, the flipper rumble winner, Hellfire, is a non-factor. That means that the runner-up, TVC, takes its place in One Bot to Rule them All. However, that gives Alex V two robots in the rumble, which isn't allowed. If you could pick one, Alex, that'd be great, and then the other place would default to the next-highest finished in that rumble.[/quote]OK, I've chosen Terminal Velocity Classic for my entrant in that fight.

And likewise, my RP's up. Sorry it's a few minutes late, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem since it's all there.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 15 2017, 12:08 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Jan 12 2017, 06:31 PM</dd></dl><div>Alright, so basically, with Noisey gone, the flipper rumble winner, Hellfire, is a non-factor. That means that the runner-up, TVC, takes its place in One Bot to Rule them All. However, that gives Alex V two robots in the rumble, which isn't allowed. If you could pick one, Alex, that'd be great, and then the other place would default to the next-highest finished in that rumble.[/quote]OK, I've chosen Terminal Velocity Classic for my entrant in that fight.

And likewise, my RP's up. Sorry it's a few minutes late, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem since it's all there.[/quote]Since that puts me with two bots (Bass Drop 2nd in the Hammer rumble and Lifter 2 who won the Brick Rumble), I'll be sticking with Lifter 2
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:38 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hiicantpk</dt><dd>Jan 15 2017, 01:25 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 15 2017, 12:08 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Jan 12 2017, 06:31 PM</dd></dl><div>Alright, so basically, with Noisey gone, the flipper rumble winner, Hellfire, is a non-factor. That means that the runner-up, TVC, takes its place in One Bot to Rule them All. However, that gives Alex V two robots in the rumble, which isn't allowed. If you could pick one, Alex, that'd be great, and then the other place would default to the next-highest finished in that rumble.[/quote]OK, I've chosen Terminal Velocity Classic for my entrant in that fight.

And likewise, my RP's up. Sorry it's a few minutes late, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem since it's all there.[/quote]Since that puts me with two bots (Bass Drop 2nd in the Hammer rumble and Lifter 2 who won the Brick Rumble), I'll be sticking with Lifter 2[/quote]Well, that means Kody's going in with Vesta
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Jan 15 2017, 01:38 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hiicantpk</dt><dd>Jan 15 2017, 01:25 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 15 2017, 12:08 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Jan 12 2017, 06:31 PM</dd></dl><div>Alright, so basically, with Noisey gone, the flipper rumble winner, Hellfire, is a non-factor. That means that the runner-up, TVC, takes its place in One Bot to Rule them All. However, that gives Alex V two robots in the rumble, which isn't allowed. If you could pick one, Alex, that'd be great, and then the other place would default to the next-highest finished in that rumble.[/quote]OK, I've chosen Terminal Velocity Classic for my entrant in that fight.

And likewise, my RP's up. Sorry it's a few minutes late, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem since it's all there.[/quote]Since that puts me with two bots (Bass Drop 2nd in the Hammer rumble and Lifter 2 who won the Brick Rumble), I'll be sticking with Lifter 2[/quote]Well, that means Kody's going in with Vesta[/quote]...I have chosen poorly. :(
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Yep, Hammer defaults to Seadevil, but I'll be using Mordor. Kody's in with Vesta.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:00 pm

who knew that the near-random order of victory I assigned beyond the winner of that rumble would actually matter :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Haha. That's kind of what I was thinking too. I'll set the field in a little bit.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Noooo... Viluy... :qq:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 pm

3rd competiton, 3rd lightweight finalist

Something about the weight class I guess :V
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 am

By just one point&#33; I'm very glad to have gotten that close to the final with Viluy, though, I was expecting her to be the fall guy on my team this time around. =D

Also Crash Blossom is looking to be in very good shape.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

I find it rather irritating that Harby got 1 hit KO'ed since he doesn't really have any corners and thus shouldn't be subjected to 1 Hit KO regardless of weapon power. I mean I guess I would have lost no matter what, but sucks losing my last bot in the tournament like that.

Also that officially gives my first sub-.500 season since like 2005 or in other words since we switched to the round robin format. :v
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 19 2017, 11:47 AM</dd></dl><div>I find it rather irritating that Harby got 1 hit KO'ed since he doesn't really have any corners and thus shouldn't be subjected to 1 Hit KO regardless of weapon power. I mean I guess I would have lost no matter what, but sucks losing my last bot in the tournament like that.

Also that officially gives my first sub-.500 season since like 2005 or in other words since we switched to the round robin format. :v[/quote]This might answer your question

"Overhead striking weapons include but are not limited to hammers, axes, swords, impaled dead babies and any other weapon swung overhead to cause damage. Hammers are designed to do large amounts of damage in a single strike. Overhead weapons like these do damage differently from all other weapon types, and as such need their own damage scale to accurately reflect the type of damage they do.

Its also worth noting that some of this depends on the type of axe head, whether it be blunt, or with a point, or some kind of combination. This, in addition to the surface that they're striking, requires some writer discretion to suss out exactly how much, and what kind of damage is being done"

Seeing that the house robot (emphasis on house robot) had a pointed axe, which had a whopping 7 points over Harby's top armor, along with the fact that hammers have a much different scale where pretty much everything they hit is a corner, Imo Tellu most certainly was able to 1HKO. But I didn't write this fight :v: I'm just putting by two bits in. I'm sure the writer will be able to explain it better
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL