Cherry Bomb Classic - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:35 pm

OK, that's almost all my RPs for this week done. Just the SHW Tag Team one to do, but I'll probably leave that for later. In the meantime, fuck 2016. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Dec 27 2016, 01:55 AM</dd></dl><div>I just have a quick comment regarding the tag team snek fight.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>da results</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>RSoD is...Still moving&#33; Slowly but surely. But Brad sees that there's not much he can do and decides to stop moving and is counted out.[/quote]Why would any sane person allow themselves to be counted out here? I'm no genius, but I'm not that big of a moron either.[/quote]By moving, I guess I should've been more specific. You were barely moving and in a crippled state. If not for allowing to get counted out, the entire decision would have changed. Instead of a double KO, it would have ended up with Pegasus Device pushing you around into hazards and shit and possibly a judges decision in favor of Pegasus Device and Vicious. If I was in this state imo, I would let the stronger bot (who would be out of reach btw) to continue. Note that you did in fact, get the win, so I would simply leave it at that.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 pm

I just saw this in Drop Zone's fight:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>The next time Drop Zone wedges under the front wedge plate of Capitol Punishment, the latter waits for Drop Zone's lifter to be raised, backs off slightly and rams its dustpan under the lifter before it can retract.[/quote]

Someone point to where DZ's lifter is, because I never included one.
poopity scoop

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:39 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Jan 3 2017, 11:27 PM</dd></dl><div>I just saw this in Drop Zone's fight:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>The next time Drop Zone wedges under the front wedge plate of Capitol Punishment, the latter waits for Drop Zone's lifter to be raised, backs off slightly and rams its dustpan under the lifter before it can retract.[/quote]

Someone point to where DZ's lifter is, because I never included one.[/quote]Thats my bad, im rewriting the fight as I post this. NWOWWE's RP said "Hey a boring 1 powered lifter" so I assumed that was the case.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:57 am

Wow, how did that happen

Of course, Scylla losing means the bot I care most about goes up against Alex's friggin' melty-FBS... great.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:31 am

I'm quite gutted about Chewer loosing by a house robot K.O but it did give Moonraker a run for it's money, so I'm pleased he did really well to even have a good shot against the opponent, maybe some adjustments could be made for him to make it more dangerous. Steelvor will face Red Snake Of Death, I actually preferred him than The Four Elements. It will not be easy but I'll certainly be a lot more careful in this battle.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:45 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 4 2017, 01:57 AM</dd></dl><div>Wow, how did that happen

Of course, Scylla losing means the bot I care most about goes up against Alex's friggin' melty-FBS... great.[/quote]It's certainly no picnic to fight, but there is one thing that can be done against it, and you have the perfect weapon for it imo. If anyone can beat Mordor, it's Vesta
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hiicantpk</dt><dd>Jan 4 2017, 12:39 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Jan 3 2017, 11:27 PM</dd></dl><div>I just saw this in Drop Zone's fight:

Someone point to where DZ's lifter is, because I never included one.[/quote]Thats my bad, im rewriting the fight as I post this. NWOWWE's RP said "Hey a boring 1 powered lifter" so I assumed that was the case.[/quote]Well it was a rather hasty oversight by me when I was looking at the bots. I was in too much of a hurry when I did my RPs and Drop Zone just looked so much like a lifter :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 am

fug

well at least Salamandra moved on. :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Post by Shaba117 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 am

Well, Circuit Breaker had a good run. It was definitely surprising to me that a 'borrowed' design (thnx Wolf 51-50, BTW&#33;) that I statted with a poor control ratio actually made it this far&#33;

Trust me, for the next big tourney (R4?), I will have my s**t together&#33;

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:24 am

Brad's memes outpowered mine :(

Quite disappointed in that hw tho, really thought I'd be able to pull that one off. But hey, VA moves on&#33;
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Jan 4 2017, 07:45 AM</dd></dl><div>It's certainly no picnic to fight, but there is one thing that can be done against it, and you have the perfect weapon for it imo. If anyone can beat Mordor, it's Vesta[/quote]Well basically I'd be playing the same waiting game Scylla would be, sadly. It didn't go very well for him, as you saw.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:57 pm

While I'm looking forward to that match in terms of challenge, I'm not looking forward to it terms of dealing with a hammer like that.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Jan 4 2017, 12:57 PM</dd></dl><div>While I'm looking forward to that match in terms of challenge, I'm not looking forward to it terms of dealing with a hammer like that.[/quote]Well I know you've got some ridiculous elaborate plan for it anyway. In my current demotivated state I'm not expecting anything less than being KO'd. :P

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:37 pm

3/5 bots in the quarterfinals isn't bad, even if I didn't expect two of the three that made it to have gone that far :v:

next time I enter Debilitator (read: probably never) it'll be fixed so that the spinner actually extends past the wedge :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ