Cherry Bomb Classic - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:49 pm

monster are my robots entered into the side events?

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Of course.

1- Understood. Just hoping to make an interesting (almost) Swiss army brick. Only the plow will get the bonus and I am willing to start each RP with whatever attachment I choose.

2- The reason I did this with FCR, is to preserve energy so I did not run out of CO2 mid-match. Having two flippers on the same motor can also lead to problems if an axe takes the motor out. Of course we don't want to turn into a wedge of after that. Finally, if you've seen Uppercut from Hammerfall, he self righted with it's curved bars on top. I would think it would be much harder to self right with 2 flippers going at once.

3- The wheels on Book of Carnage are on the hinged wedge up front. They're small, but they still get the job done. Even if the wedge gets lifted up, the wheels will flop back down via suspensions or Paradoxides style as you call it. The lifter is the entire main chassis in the back (the batteries are in the spine of the book.) The spiked front page is the clamp. However, this clamp is spring loaded as is used more as a hammer to get to the opponent quickly.

Hope this clears everything up
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:00 pm

They are. However, I have yet to add that in. I'll likely do it tonight or tomorrow.

More pressingly, however, a couple of your robots have issues that I'd like to sort out before the entry deadline.

1) To Fry or To Fly: there's actually no direct issue. Just in terms of realism, given that these are 30 lb featherweights, the idea of a separate (and somewhat heavily-built) drone is a bit iffy and some people may try to point that out when RPing against you. That's just a friendly heads' up.

2) Rainbow Crash 2: There are a couple of issues with this bot. First is that, when separate, the stats of each half of the multibot add up to 24 when they should each add up to 22. Just a small mathematical error, but it definitely needs to be corrected for the sake of fairness and all that. The larger problem is that your bot can't have two totally separate sets of stats when joined and when apart. It's just a lot for people to keep track of and it's a bit confusing. By all means, your bots can link and drive together, but they are ultimately two separate bots, and wouldn't suddenly have more armour or a stronger weapon or more torque. Their drive trains and weapons are still ultimately separate. It's a cool idea, and I can see how it'd be cool to do in cardboard, but from the perspective of realism and the ARC stat system, they're going to have to be treated as two separate bots that can function linked together.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Sep 10 2016, 02:00 PM</dd></dl><div>Of course.

1- Understood. Just hoping to make an interesting (almost) Swiss army brick. Only the plow will get the bonus and I am willing to start each RP with whatever attachment I choose.

2- The reason I did this with FCR, is to preserve energy so I did not run out of CO2 mid-match. Having two flippers on the same motor can also lead to problems if an axe takes the motor out. Of course we don't want to turn into a wedge of after that. Finally, if you've seen Uppercut from Hammerfall, he self righted with it's curved bars on top. I would think it would be much harder to self right with 2 flippers going at once.

3- The wheels on Book of Carnage are on the hinged wedge up front. They're small, but they still get the job done. Even if the wedge gets lifted up, the wheels will flop back down via suspensions or Paradoxides style as you call it. The lifter is the entire main chassis in the back (the batteries are in the spine of the book.) The spiked front page is the clamp. However, this clamp is spring loaded as is used more as a hammer to get to the opponent quickly.

Hope this clears everything up[/quote]1) Alright, all good. You're allowed to change attachments for different fights. Just notify your opponent at least three days ahead of time, either by PM, on discord, or by making the fight thread.

2) You might be glad to hear that the two weapon rule doesn't apply to two weapons run from the same motor&#33; If two weapons are run from the same motor, they moth just suffer a -1 nerf. the two weapons rule applies to any two weapons. they can fire separately and knocking one out will not KO the other. I'd strongly recommend using it.

3) Not what I was expecting, but understood. Make sure you put that in your entry post. Best of luck&#33;
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

fixed rc stats and will sperate at the start of all fights

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>patrickrowberry</dt><dd>Sep 10 2016, 02:38 PM</dd></dl><div>fixed rc stats and will sperate at the start of all fights [/quote]Thatks for doing that, and just so you know, you're welcome to drive 'em together as if they're one bot. They'll just still have separate stats.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Ah, I see. All this time I thought that they had to run at the same time when using one motor. I'll probably do that. As for BoC, I understand it's a bit strange, but it's a jokebot to begin with. It's basically trying to be the next Box. That isn't to say that it is not a serious entry, but more to have it be unique

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Sep 10 2016, 01:46 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Sep 10 2016, 01:30 PM</dd></dl><div>On the topic of the start list, is there something wrong with my entrees for LW-HW? If so, do tell. I'm willing to fix it[/quote]Hi Wolf, just a few minor issues:

1) Psychotic Brick: an attachment that changes the armour allotment of the rest of the bot (your plow, in this case) is considered illegal in ARC tournaments. In this one, I'm piloting rules that make something like that legal. I flagged it so that you would be aware of the rule. It changes the tactics of the fight, and so you'll have to notify your opponent of which attachment you'll be using before each fight at least three days in advance. That's all for that one, nothing big.

2) Flip City Remix: This bot is actually okay. I just wanna do you a solid and remind you that you can use the two weapon rule to have a weapon stat of 7 and get 5 points for each flipper, saving you a point and allowing you to benefit from the weapon armour bonus. Tell me if you wanna take my recommendation and go this route.

3) Book of Carnage: It's not entirely clear where the wheels are mounted, although I assume that it's 2WD and the wheels are located under the 'spine' of the 'book'. Am I right? Also, where's the actuated lifter? Is it the 'front page' or the cover of the book? Please clarify in your entry post. Again, nothing big.[/quote]I do not see my bot on the bracket.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:41 pm

...there isn't a bracket yet&#33; the tournament hasn't started&#33;
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:49 pm

HW up&#33; Hope to have LW and FW up by Monday evening.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Are you talking about the unofficial bracket on the sign up page? Don't worry about that, you're in, but to be fully accepted, there are some things that Monster works will probably nwant you to change. I know I've done this earlier, but just as a reminder, since it has yet to be fixed and needs to be before the tournament begins (If you don't mind Alex, I've got some ideas to help him as well):

1) Remember when we thought about turning Factory into a melty? We could use another one of those. Also, if you could find a way to change the wheels up a bit so they're a lot larger and realistic for a melty brain spinner, I think you're good on that one. Also, I would lower the weapon power a bit, otherwise bots like this will end up as a glass cannon, and that's not always a good thing. I can see this doing very well with some fine tuning.

2) See if you can explain Rack Em Up Old Printer a bit more. All we know is that it's a flipper with two minibots. Here's an example to clear things up: what part of the bot is the flipper? Is it the wedge, or the entire dumpster as well? What are the minibots and their weapons? Once you fix that up, it'll be fully accepted in no time.

3) Spinny looks like a design that was built to win. Two minor problems here that can be easily fixed. The first is that the disc does not have any spikes or teeth. You won't be able to break through the opponent's armor just by a disc alone, it's like having a shark without teeth. Have you ever seen a shark like that? Me either. On the serious note, put some teeth on there :v: . And if you wish, I would take 2 points off of traction and add it on to weapon. A 2 point difference will not affect your control at all. You won't be as nimble, but it won't matter in the long run. Do both of these, and you're guaranteed at least one win.

Hope this helps :)
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Sep 10 2016, 10:56 PM</dd></dl><div> A 2 point difference will not affect your control at all. [/quote]it does when I'm writing ;)
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:04 pm

OK I thought that was the bracket hat had our bots.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:06 pm

Of course it does. But not when I write :P

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:40 pm

By the way why does sign up end on 911?