Cherry Bomb Classic - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Well, it's time to learn. Besides, I know at least a couple of my bots will fail in this tournament, and I'm still doing this for the fun of it. I could go 0-75 (example) and I wouldn't care because I'm doing it for fun and for the entertainment of both writers and RPers alike. You should too.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Aug 7 2016, 03:13 PM</dd></dl><div>It's not good fun when you don't understand why you lose until you're 4 weeks deep in and can't fix shit.[/quote]Then why are you even here :headache:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Aug 4 2016, 09:31 PM</dd></dl><div>To be precise, there are three spots remaining. It'd be awesome if we could fill them. CBC would be the first 100+ bot tournament on ARC so far as I know. In any event, I'm hoping that this event will be something unique and cool for everyone.

In other news: I'm now accepting entries for the special events posted in the signup thread. Join if you think that your flipper/spinner/brick/clamper/axe is the best in the business, or if you just wanna get even with those nasty house robots.[/quote]Wait, do the bots you entered in the special events have to also be in the main competition?

I have a clampbot I might want to test out, and Aphelion and Icepick Lobotomy could use some exercise as well.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Aug 8 2016, 11:21 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Aug 4 2016, 09:31 PM</dd></dl><div>To be precise, there are three spots remaining. It'd be awesome if we could fill them. CBC would be the first 100+ bot tournament on ARC so far as I know. In any event, I'm hoping that this event will be something unique and cool for everyone.

In other news: I'm now accepting entries for the special events posted in the signup thread. Join if you think that your flipper/spinner/brick/clamper/axe is the best in the business, or if you just wanna get even with those nasty house robots.[/quote]Wait, do the bots you entered in the special events have to also be in the main competition?

I have a clampbot I might want to test out, and Aphelion and Icepick Lobotomy could use some exercise as well.[/quote]Ideally, I'd prefer to use main-draw bots. However, if all six spots in the type matches are not filled by the sign-up deadline, then I'll accept bots that are not in the main draw.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:44 pm

drastic changes 2 of my robots are begin changed and 1 has a drone

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Finally finished my entry with MechaVertZilla as SHW.
Last edited by Noisy on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Stupid question: How do I apply for the side events?

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Giraffe, unless I am mistaken Feathergo is illegal due to its placing in Bot-O-Rama.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm

I can't make my mind up as to who competes in this tournament.

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Alright, so to address a few issues:

1) Mole, you can post in this thread and you can indicate which side events you'd like to enter on your signup post. Just edit them in. No worrries.

2) Unfortunately, Feathergo, having won playoff matches before, is ineligible for CBC. It's a shame, because it looks awesome, but rules are rules. Having seen your other bots, though, I can't wait to see what you come up with to replace it.

3) Who competes in terms of which bots you'll enter or who you'll be squaring off against? The former look pretty good, and the latter look very interesting.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Aug 16 2016, 05:51 PM</dd></dl><div>2) Unfortunately, Feathergo, having won playoff matches before, is ineligible for CBC. It's a shame, because it looks awesome, but rules are rules. Having seen your other bots, though, I can't wait to see what you come up with to replace it.

[/quote]I'd argue that Feathergo 2 is an unrelated design and only bears the name of the robot entered in Bot-o-Rama. This is the robot that entered BoR and would be ineligible.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Noisey here: Feathergo 2 is a completely different design to the original.

Also, holy shit at Invertigo. It's like Pussycat but with a serious weapon&#33;

...I'd say it'll be cool to fight, but its really weird shape is going to make it very difficult for Scylla to deal with.

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Noisey, thanks for showing me that render. Feathergo 2 is cleared for entry&#33;
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Speaking of Feathergo 2... I would seriously advise foregoing the armour bonuses. As it stands, you're giving it bonuses in three separate areas (front, left side, right side) which drops your main body armour down a very considerable amount.

I'd also advise dropping a torque point in favour of weapon. Currently, your srimech drops the power of your weapon to 12, which won't be able to damage much in the current field, and I don't really see Feathergo being the best pusher so the torque is needless.

Also, from Hellfire's description:

"A set of small rear wheels push into the ground to make the flipper more effective at getting under opponents."

Is this the 2WD you're describing? Because if not, you are essentially beaching yourself on unpowered wheels and the tip of your wedge, and allowing your opponent to drive around you. Please clarify.
Last edited by That Kode Guy on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 18 2016, 12:17 PM</dd></dl><div>
Also, from Hellfire's description:

"A set of small rear wheels push into the ground to make the flipper more effective at getting under opponents."

Is this the 2WD you're describing? Because if not, you are essentially beaching yourself on unpowered wheels and the tip of your wedge, and allowing your opponent to drive around you. Please clarify.[/quote]Dantomkia uses a similar system without beaching itself, so i see no reason why hellfire's wouldn't
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122