CAD request thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Minion33088

CAD request thread

Post by Minion33088 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Okey dokey, if you have a bot that's hard to draw in paint, or if you suck in CAD or don't have it, post a paint picture and a detailed description and I'll try to knock one out for you.

John, I have your LW.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>If someone wouldn't mind CADing one robot for me, I would appreciate it. I am having trouble doing it in Flash and I really want to use this design.

EDIT: Here is what I could do.

I got close but it just didn't look right with the finished project. The bottom View is pretty accurate to what I want.

[/quote]

EDIT: Oh John, I noticed that the description says that the middle pitchfork is longer than the other 2. In order for that to work properly the 3 arms would have to pivot independently or else the 2 outsdie forks wouldn't touch the ground when inverted. Know what I mean? Is this the case?
Also, your back corner wedges can not be hinged. It'd be utterly pointless-they wouldn't hinged parallel with the ground.

Area51Escapee

CAD request thread

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:46 pm

I would be up for CAD requests too. Not too many, but I'm sure with Paul doing some, we can split the duties.

panicattacky2k

CAD request thread

Post by panicattacky2k » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:29 am

lemme just find mine, editing when i find em

Super Upright Natural Clamper Unsurvivable Shover Thingy [It's fun to type, alright?]: Basically Diesector minus hammers, plus skirts and much more powerful jaws. Also, a wedge flap on both sides of the jaws, so the jaws are in the middle of the flaps. Kinda like...you know, I KNOW something has used the idea before, but I can't think of any examples... Oh, and invertible.

I Knew Jack Kennedy And You Sir are No Jack Kennedy: Surgeon General on steroids, basically. Or Mechavore. Either one. Anyway, two discs running on the same motor in front, and the rest is skirted, and it can run inverted. Hah, I'm a poet and I dont...yeah, I wont finish that sentance.

Kiazi

CAD request thread

Post by Kiazi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Ok, The back corner wedge is static then and could I have each side wedge hinged independantly since I do not really use them for lifting?

Oh and thanks in advance.

EDIT: If someone wants to CAD my other robots that would be awesome but if not then no biggie. Thanks

Minion33088

CAD request thread

Post by Minion33088 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jul 13 2007&#44; 08:29 AM</dd></dl><div> lemme just find mine, editing when i find em

Super Upright Natural Clamper Unsurvivable Shover Thingy [It's fun to type, alright?]: Basically Diesector minus hammers, plus skirts and much more powerful jaws. Also, a wedge flap on both sides of the jaws, so the jaws are in the middle of the flaps. Kinda like...you know, I KNOW something has used the idea before, but I can't think of any examples... Oh, and invertible.

I Knew Jack Kennedy And You Sir are No Jack Kennedy: Surgeon General on steroids, basically. Or Mechavore. Either one. Anyway, two discs running on the same motor in front, and the rest is skirted, and it can run inverted. Hah, I'm a poet and I dont...yeah, I wont finish that sentance. [/quote]
You know I'm only going to CAD your bots if you shorten your official bot names to under 5 words right?

succotash_54

CAD request thread

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 pm

Chris already knows.... but I'd like Warper CADed so it looks like what I intended. And Chris, if you want to use the upper body off the old CAD you used, that's cool, especially since I intend to have Warper with two sets of skirts, to play it safe this season.

panicattacky2k

CAD request thread

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:15 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Minion33088</dt><dd>Jul 14 2007&#44; 03:10 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jul 13 2007&#44; 08:29 AM</dd></dl><div> lemme just find mine, editing when i find em

I Knew Jack Kennedy And You Sir are No Jack Kennedy: Surgeon General on steroids, basically. Or Mechavore. Either one. Anyway, two discs running on the same motor in front, and the rest is skirted, and it can run inverted. Hah, I'm a poet and I dont...yeah, I wont finish that sentance. [/quote]
You know I'm only going to CAD your bots if you shorten your official bot names to under 5 words right? [/quote]
Chris already shortened them and im putting them in the signups so stop worrying about it

i think i got my cat preg

CAD request thread

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:55 am

everyones gonna worry about it untill u stop usin the big long names forever, just a fyi

panicattacky2k

CAD request thread

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jul 14 2007&#44; 05:15 AM</dd></dl><div> Chris already shortened them and im putting them in the signups so stop worrying about it [/quote]
wut ^^^ sed

Siphai

CAD request thread

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jul 14 2007&#44; 02:19 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jul 14 2007&#44; 05:15 AM</dd></dl><div> Chris already shortened them and im putting them in the signups so stop worrying about it [/quote]
wut ^^^ sed [/quote]
Panic, it'll be easier if you just change the names. Just change the official names to the shortened versions.

Kiazi

CAD request thread

Post by Kiazi » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:52 am

So...hows them CADs comin?

Just asking so I know if i need to just put the other pic up.

Minion33088

CAD request thread

Post by Minion33088 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:49 pm

The shape is very awkward and hard to CAD by eye.

What's wrong here?

The answer? Everything. I'll start again, from a different approach.

Area51Escapee

CAD request thread

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:18 am

Bumping this topic back up. Again, for anyone who needs a new CAD of a bot, please draw a simple paint pic of it (to get an idea) or a detailed description and someone will CAD it for you. There have been plenty of people who have volunteered to CAD for this.

joeychevron

CAD request thread

Post by joeychevron » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:07 pm

Didn't realise there was one of these topics, hmmm....

This might be a tall order, but I'd like someone to do a CAD of my lightweight entry if possible (have got the combined forces of Kody and Marti to handle the rest of my squad). Ideally I'd like it with internals and all that jazz, if that's not too much trouble.

I suck at Paint, but basically it's a box with a wedged front - up until a third of its length - and the back is sloped somewhat as well, rather steeply. Small side and rear skirts, an extra sprung wedge type thing on the front, and largely shiny white/silver with a single forward pointing black chevron, name written on the back and the UK flag (of course :P)

Rest should be covered in my overly long and rambling description:

"Broken Wings uses a walking system adapted from the antweight Type 0 - each side has a gear train run from an NPC-02446 motor that uses smaller gears to make four larger gears all rotate in the same direction, the four legs per side are connected to these larger gears eccentrically and are anchored at the top so the robot walks with comparatively little imbalance, and has tank type steering by reversing one side to turn on the spot. Power comes from 24v NiMh battery packs and 4QD controllers. The inner frame and base are entirely 2014 aluminium and the outer armour consists of a composite of multiple layers of carbon fibre, kevlar, titanium sheet and aluminium mesh and is rated as quite bulletproof - it's similar stuff to what was used on armoured personnel carriers in the early 90s - and is shock mounted to the inner frame with extra 2014 aluminium side and rear skirts and a sprung spring steel front wedge extender to get underneath opponents. The main weapons are the front full width pneumatic lifter in the wedge and the pneumatic axe on the top of the machine, designed to work together to clamp an opponent rather than do extended damage on their own, and are run from a Sodastream CO2 cylinder with three 10 bar 40mm bore rams (two on the lifter, one for the axe). The axe is capable of self righting the robot if it's retracted, and the lifter is capable of self righting it if the axe is fired."

So...yeah.

joeychevron

CAD request thread

Post by joeychevron » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:45 am

Uh...I know this might seem impatient or something, and I'm not sure how stuff works round here, but is anyone going to do mine? I'd have thought there was more than enough info there, just thought there'd at least be an 'I'm on it' type of message if someone was willing to help...