Somewhat Insane Robotic Elimination Challenge

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:15 pm

I guess since nobody's going to go to xsorbit anymore, I might as well move this here...

Before anything else: Yeah, yeah. We all know what happened back when I left, so I don't see the need to go indepth about it.
Sorry for being a total dillweed and such.

Apologies and all aside, since Siphai is starting a new tourtament and such, I might as well see what sucess I can get from my own. No way in hell am I going to join any and start another round of controversy...perfect pictures must be produced in order to do well anyway, and I don't have the resources to get them. I've gotten some experience from FRA...
Who knows? If this does well enough, I may start another season.

Rules and such:
Enter 4 robots, LW, MW, HW, SHW.

Divide 50 points amongst these stats:

Control: Duh. This should be the same your speed stat to not cause any "freak outs" when driving. The lower your control stat is from your speed stat, the more occasionaly "freak outs" will happen.
Speed: Another duh. A higher speed will affect your accelleration as well.
Torque: Affects your pushing power. Also affects ramming damage.
Armor: Duh.
Weapon: Jeez, do I have to spell all of it out for you people? ARC rules, which means if you have two weapons, your weapon stat will be deducted by two. three weapons equals a three point deduction, etc...

Multibots:

2 bots: 30 points each
3 bots: 20 points each
4 bots: 15 points each

All of the little buggers need to be KOd in order to win by knockout. Destroyed parts count quite heavily to the damage factor, though.

To prevent uberweapons that do tons of damage and are pratically indestructable, all pats of the robot's durability, including the weapon, are equal to the armor stat.
And to prevent plowbots from royally owning FBSs, no armor +2 rule.

Also, you don't need a [PERFECT] picture. Anything not included in the picture will not count, though any major flaws will be ignored.

As for the arena...
4 hazards here. 4 discs [like the spinners from the Battlebots arena, except with spikes instead of just being bare, so instead of just disorenting, they can also do damage] in each cornor, 3 heated circular diamond-tipped killsaws that come out horizontilly in the middle of each side[ excpet the side where the tunnel is]2 arena flippers [Like the ones in RW, except for more powerful and shoot upwards, located close to each ohter in the middle of the arena] OOTAs can also be scored with a well aimed flip over one of the sides.

Judging system:
Typical Battlebots judging system.

As for RPing...you have one week after the fightcard is up to do so. If all RPs are in early, then I'll write the fights early as well. If you don't RP, then you forfit. I trust you all know that, though.

I'll need 8 entrants. Yeah, this is gonna be real quick, but I just want to test this to see how good I can write.

Good luck to all who enter.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 pm

I'll probably register as soon as I get back to my other computer. I have my bots on that computer but I'll probably end up using some old designs.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:03 am

I suppose I can be counted in as well, with some of my old favorites.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:11 pm

I just may unveil a new bot for this one! :D

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:48 am

I think I'll just go with my same lineup as last time cause it'll probably be a little while til I make new bots...yeah, I know. So, here we go:

LW- Red Zone

Control - 8
Speed - 12
Torque - 9
Armor - 15
Weapon -6

MW- Barrier

Control - 10
Speed - 14
Torque - 7
Armor - 14
Weapon - 5

HW- Wrath of Draco

Control - 9
Speed - 7
Torque - 9
Armor - 11
Weapon - 14

SHW- Jack Frost

Control - 9
Speed - 7
Torque - 2
Armor - 11
Weapon - 21

Let me know if I need to change anything, Anthony.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 am

All good Chris, but just a few quick questions first:

1: I'm just making sure on this, but is Red Zone's plow a lifter and it's weapon?
2: Do Wrath of Draco's weapons run on the same axle?

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:13 pm

OK, yeah. Maybe I should been a bit more specific.

1: Red Zone's fork arm is a lifter but his plow is hinged and doesn't have any weapon power. It acts just as a regular plow.

2: Wrath of Draco's weapons work on seperate axles.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm going to wait for the offical ARC (ok, Drowning City) RPG to start. I'm pretty busy with college and work now so I'm going to make it count.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:08 pm

Quick change [Though i'm sure none of you mind]
The pit is now scrapped, due to Scientical problems in holding very hot potatoes. The imbeciles kept dropping them.

I suck at these things...
[This isn't a personal attack on Sci Fi or anything, just trying to get across that he requested that the pit should be dropped before he entered, and after much consideration, I did so. Just so nobody gets the wrong idea.]

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Sep 17 2006&#44; 10:08 PM</dd></dl><div> Quick change [Though i'm sure none of you mind]
The pit is now scrapped, due to Scientical problems in holding very hot potatoes. The imbeciles kept dropping them.

I suck at these things...
[This isn't a personal attack on Sci Fi or anything, just trying to get across that he requested that the pit should be dropped before he entered, and after much consideration, I did so. Just so nobody gets the wrong idea.] [/quote]
God bless not so subliminal subliminal messages.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:05 am

LW: Dandelioness

Y-drive thwack/spinbot. Circular hemi-discs arranged in a spiral to cut into opponents. No stat goof-ups this time, either.

Armor: 8
Control: 12
Speed: 12
Torque: 6
Weapon: 12

MW: Twist And Shout

Multibot. Each part weighs the same. Twist has the horizontal cutting disc. Shout has the vertical disc. Shout's arm turns a total of 240 degrees, 120 each way. Hinged anti-wedge spike combs/racks on sides each, and rear hinged wedges, per part.

Each part has the same stats (and holy shit, did multis get shafted for this tourney&#33;)

Control: 6
Speed: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 8

HW: Diamond Jim

This ugly fucker is a variety of bot types rolled into one. Its weapon is a double-edged, diamond-edged axe with a hammer head on top. Arm does NOT move when spinning like a thwack, whereby it hacks with the axe. Arm DOES move up and down to hammer a bot, a la Toe Crusher. Hinged wedge on the front to aid in getting under opponents. Not melty-brained, and thus cannot maneuver about the floor when spinning. Weapon stat is for the hammer arm.

Armor: 10
Control: 11
Speed: 11
Torque: 7
Weapon: 11

SHW: Sand Crab

Going with the original SHW design. Treaded plow bot with hinged wedges on either end. Arms turn full circle, and plow can rotate full circle on the arms.

Control: 8
Speed: 12
Torque: 15
Weapon: 7

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:53 pm

Much thanks to Philip for reminding me on the Multi-bot rules [Unintentionally]. Multibots are so rarely used, I completley forgot about them.

2 bots: 30 points each
3 bots: 20 points each
4 bots: 15 points each

All of the little buggers need to be KOd in order to win by knockout. Destroyed parts count quite heavily to the damage factor, though.

[Edits into the first post]

Oh yeah, something I just thought of...

Chris: Do you really need torque for Jack? I doubt those little wedge things at the back are going to be any good for pushing.
Also, is all that control realy nessacary? 6 would do just fine, but I guess if you want to run ultra smooth instead of just pretty smooth...

Just making sure so there won't be any trouble on stats at the last minute.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:47 am

Anthony, in the past, the rule has been a bot without torque doesn't even have the power to move itself. You need at least a torque of one to maneuver the floor. The only exception is if yours was a bot running on omni-drive.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:52 am

I always had a habit of phasing my sentences wrong.

Let me try that again.

Do you really need more than the minimum torque for Jack?

There.

And shafted? Come now&#33; I did the best I could to balance them. 2 40-point multibots seems rather overpowered to me. :P

Of course, if you think you could do it better, then go ahead. But don't think I won't see any tricks to give T&S an unfair advantage you might slip in. :P

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:10 pm

Well, since more than one person has joined, I might as well give it a shot. Eurypterus is going to take a breather from this one, so I can repair him for the ARC (Or should it be DC now?) tourney.

Anyway, here is Team Targeted who is Captained by the apt Alexandro "Siphai". Got that awesome alliteration thing going there.

LW - Black Hole Sun

New, Ice-Cube influenced design, with a giant brick-plow thing at the front. It has a sorta thwack thing going too, but the main thing is the pushing. Little wedges for wedge protection, and a wide ass front to protect the wheels.

Control - 10
Speed - 14
Torque - 13
Armor - 13
Weapon - 0

MW - Cosmic Thunder

I just needed some kinda wedge in MW, I guess. Pretty cool flipper, and I always thought it was one of my best, if not my best CAD's. A cousin of it was the champ of Dave's second American Influence tourney, so that counts for something. =P

Control - 10
Speed - 15
Torque - 8
Armor - 10
Weapon - 7

HW - IFHW

I Fuckin' Hate Wedges&#33; New design made to get under robots and high center them, as well as having the possibility of flipping them too.

Control - 10
Speed - 14
Torque - 8
Armor - 10
Weapon - 8

SHW - Eurypterus Evolved

Badass new pushbot.

Control - 10
Speed - 14
Torque - 10
Armor - 16
Weapon - 0