Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue May 01, 2018 2:56 am

Kind of surprised it was 3-1 this week instead of 1-3, and ironically the bot I thought would win lost and the bots I thought would lose won.

/shrug, but at least in a good way this time.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Ah, that's much better. :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 pm

3-1 again this week, yay! Pinstripe, The Maw, and Sinmill have settled into comfortable mediocrity and Speed Bison... continues to be good. I'm not used to this!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>May 1 2018, 07:15 PM</dd></dl><div>Ah, that's much better. :P[/quote]Well to be fair, I was pretty much expecting a rather gruesome demise in that SHW bout, anyway -- trying to stop Tax Cutter's disc with what I had there is like trying to prevent a tsunami with a mop and bucket. :v:

EDIT: On the plus side though, Lightweight went one heck of a lot better than expected&#33; Not only a great back-and-forth flipper brawl in its own right, but Ayame finally getting a legitimate win over Witness Me is a nice way to cap off a tough week.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat May 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Well folks, we

attackfrog

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 pm

What a post&#33; Excellent writeup, HFL&#33; Still a bit salty about Eye of n00t, though, eh? :V

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hooray For Lexan</dt><dd>May 5 2018, 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div>Team British Robotics: Unfortunately the only bot here with a winning record is Dysprosinator at 5-2.[/quote]

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:15 am

Very nicely done&#33; Everything seems to be coming up Alex so far by the looks of things, and even old Dreadnought's fortunes look to be turning around a bit after it got mullered by the deathspinners early on. If I can get a 50:50 record from this season with it, I'd be more than happy with that given the circumstances. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 am

life and health are causing me to delay the tournament by at least a week again. this could potentially happen in future weeks too, this isn't under my control sadly. my health is more important and it's been slowly deteriorating so i'm going to get to the bottom of this. i'll still be visiting maybe somewhat frequently via mobile but results and updates are out of the question for now.

also, dylan, do be a gent and fucking tell me before you update the schedule please. you have a plethora of mediums to contact me with beforehand.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>May 9 2018, 10:45 AM</dd></dl><div>life and health are causing me to delay the tournament by at least a week again. this could potentially happen in future weeks too, this isn't under my control sadly. my health is more important and it's been slowly deteriorating so i'm going to get to the bottom of this. i'll still be visiting maybe somewhat frequently via mobile but results and updates are out of the question for now.[/quote]Damn... sorry to hear that, man. Hope you'll be alright, soon. :(
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 15, 2018 11:41 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>May 9 2018, 10:45 AM</dd></dl><div>life and health are causing me to delay the tournament by at least a week again.[/quote]i was right to put "at least".

yeah things suddenly aren't going so well again. i'm hoping they clear up soon but idk. ruination's still on hold, sorry.

attackfrog

Post by attackfrog » Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Yikes&#33; I hope your issues clear up soon too&#33;

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am

They've cleared up but now I've got my video stuff to worry about, and BotBrawl is this weekend.

So, uh, another week to delay this thing.

This is all on me since I did say previous that I'd be cleared to continue this again and then forgetting BotBrawl was a thing. Sorry. .___.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Yeah this is happening.

What with the bronchitis taking me away from running this, several tournaments now running at once, writers being taken away, people always bitching about results and just too many things to keep track of, hosting Ruination just isn't fun anymore. It's a chore. And I don't like chores.

I guess I have no one but myself to blame for this. Even with all that happened to me over the past month, I could have foreseen that having 27-28 competitors would make writing results a pain. I could have foreseen that making a separate ruleset would get people pissed off. I could have foreseen having a different opinion on the rules than the masses would get me bitched at for what I write. Whatever. I accept it.

So Ruination's season is over. Week 7 is the last regular season week and subsequent weeks are not being counted. Play-offs begin next weekend.

For this current week, we have some tie-breakers to decide. These won't count in the power rankings, by the way:

Matches that decide 1st/2nd:
Experiment 626 vs. Nick's Fuzzy Rules
Klarinette vs. Charybdis

Matches that decide 2nd/3rd:
Lulver vs. Diablo Genesis
Killing Intent vs. Patchouli
Magnolia Grande vs. Meanstreak
Khnum vs. Metal Heck

All fights will be in the Battlegrounds arena. After that, play-offs will begin, with the Division A leader fighting the Division B runner-up in each Conference. The winners of those then face each other, and then again and so on until we get our champions.

When Ruination's done, well... I can't promise it, but I'm probably not going to run another tournament, even a minor one. Sorry guys.

Anyway, yeah.

BEES

Post by BEES » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:18 pm

totally get where you're coming from