Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:23 am

Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:52 pm

welp, cutthroat beat america offline, avenged lightning war with raus, while the utter shitboxes that are blitz and panzer strike kept the failure streak going

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm

I'm getting the feeling that my wins and losses are just randomized every week to maintain the same record across all of my robots
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Apr 5 2018, 05:04 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm getting the feeling that my wins and losses are just randomized every week to maintain the same record across all of my robots[/quote]Welcome to my FRR: Backlash Expereience
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:50 pm

3-1 week ez money

I didn't really think Neglected Waterbug would end up being my top-performing bot tbh

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:43 pm

3-1: a bit surprised by Hoarfrost's win, and a bit more surprised by Meanstreak's first loss, though some of that may have been my fault. Overall, I can't complain about how my team is doing. It's 13-3, though I'm in some tough divisions and only two bots are in playoff position right now.

Hoarfrost - It took a bad opening loss to La Valette, but hopefully that'll be the only one for a while. It's been performing as expected since then. Fast wedges, you know.

Sundancer - I didn't really get it when people said this'd be good, but the mobility provided by the mecanums works really well with a pretty strong hammer. People haven't been able to avoid it.

Meanstreak - This was my big experiment for this tournament and I thought it'd do either really well or crash and burn. The reality has fallen somewhere in between. It's been decent, and I can live with that.

Krakatoa - Aside from a loss to Speed Bison that I find kind of questionable, this one's been doing what it was supposed to do from the start. The fire hasn't been as effective as I hoped, but you can't have everything, I guess.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:01 pm

And that's me all done for this week. With the way it's looking at the moment, I'm hoping to attain a 3-1, maybe even a 4-0 if everything goes to plan. Really though; as long as I win with Dreadnought, that's the most important thing for me, this week.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Your winner, in a 25-20 decision, is Infrared&#33;[/quote]
You know what, I seriously should just rename Dreadnought "Tall Poppy" and be done with it at this point.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:53 am

3-0 so far, potentially 4-0. It's good to see all my bots on the winning side/even side of things these days. Seems that year out really did me some good.

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 am

"The tall poppy syndrome describes aspects of a culture where people of high status are resented, attacked, cut down and/or criticised simply because they have been classified as superior to their peers."

In other words, you think everybody is jealous of dreadnaught and is writing it to eat shit constantly as a result.

Counterpoint: Dreadnaught is being beaten fair and square.

Anyways, my robots (and Jamies, as I was rping for him):

Well that was a rough week. Sure, Cutthroat won but Raus's result hasn't come in, Panzer got fucked and Blitz was a mistake on par with Claptrap's creation. Also, my shitty rps for robots i didn't fully understand cost Jamie some potential wins on Ayame, Needles doesn't even have his match listed in the Results page, and Nyam Nyam Nya is probably dead. Sorry, jamie.
Last edited by Avalanche on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 am

White Lightning just isn't seeing the same success it had last time. Probably because I'm not being as courageous with the thwack. But hey it took out Cream.

Diablo Genesis is possibly my most successful MW to date (he just has to get past Vovoka :V). Doing very well after a scary 0-2 fall, while flipping the likes of Kid A to increase the chances of getting a playoff spot

Coup de Gr
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 9 2018, 06:53 AM</dd></dl><div>3-0 so far, potentially 4-0. It's good to see all my bots on the winning side/even side of things these days. Seems that year out really did me some good.[/quote]I don't like you. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 9 2018, 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Apr 9 2018, 06:53 AM</dd></dl><div>3-0 so far, potentially 4-0. It's good to see all my bots on the winning side/even side of things these days. Seems that year out really did me some good.[/quote]I don't like you. :P [/quote]I've known that for 8 years ;)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 pm

2-2 week&#33; Not bad. Since everyone's doing a a summary of how their robots are doing so far, here's mine:
  • Pinstripe: It started off well but is now regressing to a record closer to what I expected from it. I think it's a good concept but it needs some refinement with the wedge especially.
  • The Maw: I hoped for a little better, but it's still a pretty fun robot to use. It could probably use some better wedging and a hammer defense.
  • Sinmill: Spinners gonna spin (or not). I think I can take this wacky concept further, but making a "pure spinner" without a wedge etc. might be a dead end. Unless I go the La Valette route I guess.
  • Speed Bison: Go Speed Bison&#33; It's probably my most successful robot to date (thanks in part to that win against Krakatoa.) Who says lifting plows are dead?
I also wrote up the fights I was assigned from last week's matchups: sorry everyone who was waiting.
Last edited by attackfrog on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm

all Week 5 results now posted... been ill over the past 36-48 hours so I hadn't gotten them up. they're up.

now if you'll excuse me, i need to go die. x_x
This account is in a state of dimensional flux