Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:46 am

Are the results out? Can't be out that quickly surely?

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Mar 25 2018, 09:46 AM</dd></dl><div>Are the results out? Can't be out that quickly surely?[/quote]No, not yet. Just been to check myself, so I think Avalanche is referring to the ones his opponents didn't RP for. Evidently not the one where I'm going to hollow out Speed Blitz and turn it into my own personal cookie jar, though. :v:

<small>(J/K writers, pls don't actually disqualify me for this)</small>
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 25 2018, 11:17 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Mar 25 2018, 09:46 AM</dd></dl><div>Are the results out? Can't be out that quickly surely?[/quote]No, not yet. Just been to check myself, so I think Avalanche is referring to the ones his opponents didn't RP for. Evidently not the one where I'm going to hollow out Speed Blitz and turn it into my own personal cookie jar, though. :v:

<small>(J/K writers, pls don't actually disqualify me for this)</small>[/quote]YOU FACKING WOT

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:59 pm

White Lightning vs Fuzzy Rules - Fuck, this is a hard matchup. I can probably throw some surprises at him but I'm not sure if I can stay out of the clamp completely.

DG vs Instigator - This is honestly not that bad. I just have to dodge the lifting arm and keep him on his back

Coup de Gr
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:23 pm

yeah i think i have the confirmation that biological warfare is a poopy :v:
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Hey, at least Mushroom Cloud is dong well though&#33; Give yourself a pat on the back.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Wew, my first 4-0&#33; With two one point JDs, too. Hopefully I'm not cursed forever, though.
Last edited by Trihunter on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:04 pm

All right, 4-0&#33; Made up for the near-total disaster that was last week, got Dreadnought off the mark at last with a win over probably its biggest rival, and the Lightweight and Heavyweight matches in particular couldn't have gone better. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going in future weeks&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>Mar 25 2018, 04:46 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey, at least Mushroom Cloud is dong well though&#33; Give yourself a pat on the back.[/quote]that's true, i thought la valette would fuckin sweep the floor w/ me
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sylandrophol</dt><dd>Mar 26 2018, 01:37 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>Mar 25 2018, 04:46 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey, at least Mushroom Cloud is dong well though&#33; Give yourself a pat on the back.[/quote]that's true, i thought la valette would fuckin sweep the floor w/ me[/quote]But instead, La Valette got popped by the Shroom. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

BEES

Post by BEES » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Exotherm vs. Ramshock - (That Kode Guy)
Nick's Fuzzy Rules vs. Exotherm - (That Kode Guy)
Exotherm vs. Cream - (That Kode Guy)

I know you're a really big fan of Exotherm, and you love making it explode every week, but there are many other writers on the staff who would also like a chance to write its losses, and I think we should give them a chance to do that, don't you? Sharing is caring.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:12 pm

How in the everloving fuck did I 4-0 that week?

also perhaps the TO should actually be on the R4 discord so he can see that I was delaying writing until after he stopped ghosting everyone to make sure he'd still be completing the tournament, instead of just replacing me with no warning :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>BEES</dt><dd>Mar 26 2018, 03:40 PM</dd></dl><div>Exotherm vs. Ramshock - (That Kode Guy)
Nick's Fuzzy Rules vs. Exotherm - (That Kode Guy)
Exotherm vs. Cream - (That Kode Guy)

I know you're a really big fan of Exotherm, and you love making it explode every week, but there are many other writers on the staff who would also like a chance to write its losses, and I think we should give them a chance to do that, don't you? Sharing is caring.[/quote]fwiw kody writes like, half the fights (+even more when he picks up a bunch more fights that dont come in promptly enough for him), so it's honestly pretty likely that this happens lol
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:56 pm

2-2, as I hoped&#33; So far, Pinstripe has way outperformed my expectations, The Maw has done a little worse than I hoped, Sinmill... well that one was a gamble and it certainly has room to turn things around, and Speed Bison is doing everything I could have expected from it and more. Good times. Let's keep this train rolling&#33;

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01 pm

3-1. Kinda expected Tidal Wave to get stuffed, but Flan pulled a surprise win. Am I gonna go 1-3 this next week to keep the pattern going?
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57