FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:11 pm

To be fair, he did mention hazard baiting as a tactic in his previous RP against Lethal Carriageway, so there isn't any real way to prove that he debunked Kody's RP. I'd feel better if we got an explanation from Brian first before we outright DQ him.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jun 4 2016, 12:11 PM</dd></dl><div>I'd feel better if we got an explanation from Brian first before we outright DQ him.[/quote]This. I just want to hear Brian's stance on the matter.

I just inferred that comment to get a reaction out of Brian. It was kind of passive-aggressive, yes, but it's pretty annoying when someone seemingly completely counters your strategy out of nowhere, without anything else to fall back on.

Brian?
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Well, if you remember back in R:TC, I sometimes mentioned hazard baiting in my RP's even when the other guy didn't even mention it anywhere in his strategy. I also did it last week against Lethal Carriageway, as Badnik said.

Also I did not directly say that I know KodeBreaker will wait by the hazards; I said if I see hazard baiting. Maybe it was too direct, but I personally felt that KodeBreaker's RP was overly specific and came across as a bit condescending honestly. If I get DQ'ed for the week, I won't argue or appeal in any way.

We need an official ruling by NWOWWE.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Brian, if you think that was condescending, you really need to check back and see some earlier RPs from even a few years back. I don't even know how you took it like that.

The entire point of my RP was my strategy, pointing out the profile of Buzz Cut, how my strategy would work along with that, and trying to convince the writer of that. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But the way you laid your own strategy out in your RP seemed very suspicious to me, and that's why I raised a question.

Believe me, I don't want you DQ'd or FF'd, I just want things to be cleared up. I'm not trying to be the 'bad guy' or anything, but when I notice this stuff, I will raise questions. The thing is, it's seemingly me who does it most of the time, so I get the flak for it. :v:

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 pm

I don't know; maybe I just always thought that our RP's were supposed to be a bit more "formal" (not the right word, don't know how else to put it), and I thought that some of the remarks were... out-of-place is probably a better choice than condescending.

However, to tell the truth......... I hate Buzz Cut. I have no idea why I decided to take Viper out but by the time I changed my mind again it was too late and the thread was closed.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Well I don't really see a cause for DQing here. It's maybe a little hazy but I think it's a little blown up here.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DrummerBrian95</dt><dd>Jun 4 2016, 12:56 PM</dd></dl><div>However, to tell the truth......... I hate Buzz Cut. I have no idea why I decided to take Viper out but by the time I changed my mind again it was too late and the thread was closed.[/quote]Honestly, Buzz Cut reminds me a lot of my SHW Tax Cutter. It's hard to fight a design like that with anything.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:08 pm

ITT: Why I RP on Mondays.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:44 pm

ITT: Why I drink on Sundays :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Got all 4 RP's in.

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:39 pm

All 4 RPs are in. Won't make any difference though.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:44 pm

And that's all mine. Bit more brief than usual due to doing one Super-RP over at Reckoning, but hopefully they'll get the job done- especially in MW or HW.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:12 am

results sent in

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:53 am

most of mine sent in :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:19 am

Still waiting on RPs for four of my matches. Come on guys.