FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:24 pm

OK, that's both my RPs in. Hopefully I can do well in both of 'em!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:04 pm

OH MY GOD

BOB

NICK S

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:30 am

DP, primarily for an update.

Half of the results are up... because they were forfeits.

Seriously? Ugh. Come on guys...

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:33 am

By the way, are writing assignments up yet?

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:39 am

Least I was on time this time, really annoyed Lethal Carriageway come through on forfeit, I was really looking forward to that battle.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 am

Admittedly, I'm quite disappointed that Smiler VS Mineswept Away in particular was a forfeit- especially at this stage of the game. Like, if I'm going to advance, I'd rather earn it through a good fight with my opponent than simply going through by default, you know?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Sep 12 2016, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div>By the way, are writing assignments up yet?[/quote]Play-off matches are not determined exactly like regular season matches, mate. We congregate on an IM system like one Facebook has, or Skype, or Discord (which we've been using for several months now) and then decide the winners from there.

As such, you've given us no real contact info for a while so it was impossible to get you here for this. As such, me, NWOWWE, and The_Angry_Goat (along with required third-party people, like NFX, if we had a bot in a match) went ahead and decided the matches. We are writing the matches now.

Sorry, dude.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:54 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Sep 12 2016, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div>By the way, are writing assignments up yet?[/quote]Playoff matches are decided by consensus- 3 people get together in group chat and decided it, then tell someone to write the match with X robot winning ... Since you're not on Discord it's kinda hard to include you in that sorta thing
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:54 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 12 2016, 11:50 AM</dd></dl><div>Admittedly, I'm quite disappointed that Smiler VS Mineswept Away in particular was a forfeit- especially at this stage of the game. Like, if I'm going to advance, I'd rather earn it through a good fight with my opponent than simply going through by default, you know?[/quote]Well if Mark had actually listened to the rules and RP'd earlier...

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 12 2016, 11:54 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 12 2016, 11:50 AM</dd></dl><div>Admittedly, I'm quite disappointed that Smiler VS Mineswept Away in particular was a forfeit- especially at this stage of the game. Like, if I'm going to advance, I'd rather earn it through a good fight with my opponent than simply going through by default, you know?[/quote]Well if Mark had actually listened to the rules and RP'd earlier...[/quote]I mean he had since about Thursday of the previous week. I get being busy with other stuff but there was ample time.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Edited in the last of the results
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Eh, I kinda expected Frequency to be going out. Rosebud's an impossible design to fight in the current iteration, so blah to that match. I thought DC/MoD would be close as well, but I'm glad the strategy mostly worked and we got the win out of it. Hopefully Pursuit and DC can continue onward, should be some good fights down the road.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:38 pm

i'm out dam

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:49 pm

also nyarharar I still have 4 robots in this thing

...which really just means that I have 6 Rps to write this week thanks to other competitions :v:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Well, the fight I did get was pretty good, though&#33; Commiserations to Scorpion/Patrick Rowberry for it, and it's good to see the reversal of fortune Captain NRK's had since the three-loss streak at the beginning of the contest.

Also, note to the writers- the "reducing Pegasus Device to a consistency resembling Temmie Flakes" bit was a reference to Undertale. They're a consumable item from there that is the favourite food of the Temmies, despite them merely being torn-up pieces of construction paper. And since Pegasus Device was made of cardboard... :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS