FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon May 02, 2016 1:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 11:18 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 11:05 PM</dd></dl><div>STOP ENTERING WALKING RING SPINNERS >:c[/quote]This.

I wish Josh would implement some sort of fucking self-KO thing for these walking travesties. >__>[/quote]I know, it's awful.

Maybe just do:

"Weapon - Weapon Armor:
If 0-4, it works fine.
If 5, the weapon won't be at full capacity after 3 minutes.
If 6, the weapon will break after 5 hits.
If 7, the entire robot will break after 5 hits.
If 8+, the entire robot will break after ONE hit."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon May 02, 2016 1:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 01:29 AM</dd></dl><div>If 0-4, it works fine.
If 5, the weapon won't be at full capacity after 3 minutes.
If 6, the weapon will break after 5 hits.
If 7, the entire robot will break after 5 hits.
If 8+, the entire robot will break after ONE hit."[/quote]I'd prefer

7 - weapon breaks in 3 hits
8 - weapon breaks in 1 hit
9 - weapon destroys the robot upon spin-up

though I like your scaling as well
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon May 02, 2016 3:58 am

Yeah... the issue isn't really walkers so much as people building robots with obnoxiously unbalanced stats. I mean, once in a while they're okay as a gimmick/joke, but they're just not fun to fight against. Walkers are slightly MORE annoying, but you can still build an 17-weapon ring spinner and still have the drive function after the weapon breaks itself.

And by the way, I claim full innocence on Vorpal Bunny. Yes it was kind of a "let's liven up the event by throwing in a bot with an obnoxiously powerful weapon" design, but at least it actually functioned for 3 minutes, and being an offset spinner it was possible to actually, you know, hit it.

I also claim innocence for the monstrosity I'm entering in Upheaval, since it's an attempt to make a crusher that's actually viable instead of a gimmick-bot.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon May 02, 2016 10:56 am

I can't edit my post, but I am officially bowing out of Backlash. I want to learn to make better bots, and I am writing for Pressure Drop which will take a good bit of my time.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon May 02, 2016 11:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 10:56 AM</dd></dl><div>I can't edit my post, but I am officially bowing out of Backlash. I want to learn to make better bots, and I am writing for Pressure Drop which will take a good bit of my time.[/quote]I thought Pressure Drop wasn't starting until BB Season 2 which is still nearly 2 months away... :(
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

BEES

Post by BEES » Mon May 02, 2016 11:33 am

Sorry to see someone leave... I can understand where you're coming from if you want to, person who might be Satan.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon May 02, 2016 11:40 am

I'm still here. I just realized that my bots suck, and I don't want to start off with a 0-12 record. I will be in Ruination: The Upheaval, but I want good bots before I do so.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon May 02, 2016 3:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 05:17 PM</dd></dl><div>Yo, Hypothermia has 31 stat points right now.[/quote]^
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon May 02, 2016 4:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 03:21 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 05:17 PM</dd></dl><div>Yo, Hypothermia has 31 stat points right now.[/quote]^[/quote]^
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon May 02, 2016 4:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 04:15 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 03:21 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 05:17 PM</dd></dl><div>Yo, Hypothermia has 31 stat points right now.[/quote]^[/quote]^[/quote]^

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon May 02, 2016 5:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 04:15 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>May 2 2016, 03:21 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 05:17 PM</dd></dl><div>Yo, Hypothermia has 31 stat points right now.[/quote]^[/quote]^[/quote]^[/quote]v v < > < > B A START

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Mon May 02, 2016 5:25 pm

i can't wait

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon May 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Oh boy, divisions are in&#33;

Let's see who I'm fighting...

LW: Icepick Lobotomy vs:
Tidal Wave: It's a nice little drumbot. Definitely dangerous if it can get around my sides, but he doesn't have a great speed-traction balance. It won't do much to my wedge, and if my axe can reach over that drum and hit his body, I threaten to one-shot him.
Tormentor: Dear God... this is basically going to come down to who gets the first hit, isn't it?
Rainbow Crash: multibots lol. Rainbow's stats look uncontrollable. 7 speed, 1 traction? Crash is a little better, but still the same speed as me with worse control. And neither of them have much armor, so one hit from my axe could be decisive.
Venice Queen: Oh god why. I mean, I can one-shot it in theory, but I'm basically fighting a Formula 1 racecar. How fast is that, 25 or 30 MPH?
Veto: Well, I guess I was going to wind up fighting at least one of the like twelve motor-on-top overhead spinners in the event. Unfortunately, Veto appears to have the longest reach, so hitting its relatively vulnerable weapon motor won't be easy, and it has enough armor to survive a few hits. OTOH, so do I, and if he pulls a mauler/tornado mer/ Candy Paint and Gold Teeth the boxy chassis and high CG means he's toast.
Black Rose: If I get a lucky chassis hit? Maybe. Otherwise GG.
Cheatbot: I think I might be able to just hit him over the top of the drum, and I have 11 weapon armor on the axe so he actually can't damage it. Sadly, I can't one-shot him and he can throw me around maybe.
Rosebud: Goddamnit GG Cha0sFerret.
Frequency: ANOTHER FUCKING OVERHEAD. Again, long reach, and the weapon might actually wear down my plow over 3 minutes. This one scares me.
Tortoise: with only 6 armor on most of his bot and a weapon that can't KO me, he's going to have to either kill me with the hazards or fight a perfect match.

MW: Charybdis vs:
Buzz Cut: The description says undercutter, the CAD says mid cutter. Either way I don't think it's low enough to avoid my teeth, and I should have the advantage in weapon-to-weapon.
Juno: On one hand, it's KodeBreaker. On the other hand, it has 5 armor and I'm not sure what that weird spinner is supposed to do.
Y-Combat: Another midcutter.
Furious Redemption: And a cage spinner. I think these matches kind of come down to "will Charybdis actually function or not." If it can beat one of the horizontal spinners chances are it's by breaking their weapon since I ain't outmaneuvering anybody with 3 speed, and they all have the same weapon and weapon armor stats.
Caesium: 8 armor. 15 weapon. Assuming he doesn't just throw me onto my side on the spikes or something.
Lethal Carriageway: No Joy Divison? More like NO FUN DIVISION&#33; It's a fast brick, AKA Charybdis Fun Ruiner 3000. At least his wedge is narrow and I might be able to get corner hits on it.
Defiance: (cries openly)
Royale: Nice exposed corners you got there. Shame if anything were to... happen to them.
Pterodactyl: Charybdis Fun Ruiner 3000.

HW: Compound Fracture vs:
Loadout: I have no idea how well this one will work. His axe can't hurt me, so I'm guessing he'll use Loadout A and use it as a clamp. His low armor may come into play here (pulverizers are a thing).
Bass Drop: the hammer drum looks pretty dangerous, but he doesn't have a good speed-traction balance. Based on the CAD he also can't rotate the hammer past horizontal, so if if I get him stuck on my wedge I'm not sure he can hit me.
Golden Blaze: He can't really do much damage to me and I have a better drivetrain. Also, he has low ground clearance, so I might be able to high-center him on the wall somewhere. I wish I had a flipper so I could try to get him stranded on the pulverizers using the giant hole in the middle of his chassis, but sadly I don't think my lifter can do it.
Annhilation: HA HA I COMPLAINED THAT THERE WERE NO SPINNERS FOR ME TO FIGHT AND THEN I GOT DRAWN AGAINST BOTH OF THEM. TAKE THAT ANGRY GOAT'S PREDICTIONS&#33; Unfortunately, this is the really obnoxious walking gimmickspinner. Fortunately, he'll die in 3 hits, which I think I might be able to take.
The Arbiter: Um, well... actually this is a really close matchup. He has very slightly more traction, but he isn't invertable and I am, which might give me a slight advantage in keeping control of the opponent once we flip them. My lifter is also more controllable, and if he doesn't flip me I can probably drive off his wedge which I'm not sure if he can do.
Smilodon: Not sure how useful the weapons are, but it'll be a pain in the ass to fight. Might do better in this tourney than Pressure Drop because nobody entered any spinners.
Morbid: Shit this is gonna be hard.
Infrared: Apparently it's only visible under infrared light BECAUSE THERE'S NO CAD. So I have no idea. Drums in general are a decent matchup for me though.
Rainbow Dasher: Actually pretty fast. CG looks high though, might be easy to flip.

SHW: Danger Noodle vs:
Midnight Pathos: Well shit. It's very fast and has a very sturdy plow.
Driger Slash: A ring spinner. I think I can keep it from hitting my wheels if I get my drum centered right, which may be doable with my slight speed advantage. I notice he has two counter-rotating rings. Not only does this reduce his effective power (still enough to tear my wheels off though :( lol) but he has no gyro effect to speak of, which means when I hit him he'll go flying like a flipped coin. 9 weapon armor might have trouble surviving my drum too.
Montgomery Yellow Jesus: Well shit. Another fast brick.
Allahu Ackbar: He'll kill himself in one hit. Can I survive one hit? Well, If I attack nice and centered (not too hard since he's so slow I'll have plenty of time to line myself up), yes.
Pegasus Device: Well, have fun grabbing me. OTOH that lifting wedge is very durable, and despite it being a walker it won't be easy to get to its sides.
Hysteria: Not very fast, and has lexan armor. Sloped sides will help, but I still may be able to wear it down and its lifter is slow / is sharp and pokey and will die if he raises it into my drum.
Uppercut V2: Fast and well-armored, but corners are exposed, traction isn't great, and it's also a flipper.
Chemical Explosion: Nasty mid-cutter. This could go either way: if he gets my wheels GG, but If I somehow get a chassis hit on him also GG.
Airtime Extreme: Armor's pretty strong, but sides look a bit boxy so I might be able to toss it around.
Captain N.R.K: Another one of THOSE robots. But this one can actually survive its own impacts, along with basically anything else you can throw at it. ARENA WALLS PLEASE BE MY SALVATION.

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Tue May 03, 2016 1:24 am

Gonna ignore the inter-division matches for this.

LW: Tidal Wave vs
Icepick Labotomy - Those forks on the front might prevent me from getting a good shot at his wedge, but it also will leave his hammer pointed straight at my drum. Could go either way
Tormentor - Low Armour, slightly better control. Idk if his hammer head is long enough to hit my bot over the drum though.
RC - My bot is invertible so I'm not too worried about being flipped, and I should be able to out control both of the cluster bots.
Venice Queen - Holy hell thats fast. I'd need a lucky hit on the bottoms of the hinged wedges to do much here (unless I can somehow get a shot at the rear)
Veto - Was hoping I'd face one of these. My drum should be able to fling the bar upwards and over, immobilizing them if I can get the hit just right

MW: Remi vs
Thunder - 6 Weapon isn't going to do anything to me, and I see lots of corners and sides to fling with the drum.
Not Endless Clowns - Yikes. I'm going to have to hope I can get a lucky hit and knock this thing upside down. My rear wedge will get wrecked pretty badly by that weapon
Whipcoil - Pretty fast, but those tires look pretty tasty, and even the weapon isn't completely safe from my drum
Om Nom - My drum is better, and even with your 10? armour to your weapon, I can take chunks out of it and your bot.
MoD - Hes probably gonna control the match, but I'm invertable so meh.

HW: Bass Drop vs
Loadout - 5 armour? SMASH. Its hammer can damage me, but it'll take a few hits, and by that time I'll have made a pretty nasty dent in it.
Golden Blaze - "Ring Spinner with a hole in the middle so hammers can die in hell". ..... LOL
Compound Fracture - Might be a tough match. He can control the match, and it'll take a few good hits from me to start doing damage.
Annihilation - Can't wait to see this thing pinball across the arena when it hits my rear wedge.
The Arbiter - Similar to Compound Fracture, even if I can self right, hes gonna be right there to flip me again.

SHW: Uppercut vs
The Pegasus Device - Can outspeed it and flip it around all match.
Hysteria - I can seriously outspeed this thing, and then its just a matter of flipping him and keeping him upside down.
Chemical Explosion - FUCK
NRK - FUCK
Airtime Extreme - 2 Flippers > 1. But seriously this is pretty evenly matched.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 03, 2016 1:53 am

MY TURN&#33; I made my serious prediction thread already, I'm just gonna fuck around in this one :v:

Celestial Slayer Division:
1. Tidal Wave - you see his speed? then you see my speed? then you see all that area without any drum on it? Imma be on that area like a fly on a fresh pile of shit for the whole match.
2. Icepick Labotomy - Now is the time when I get to point out that you misspelt Lobotomy :v: once again, he is laboriously slow compared to me, so I can just avoid the hammer the whole time
3. Tormenter - same as above
4. Rainbow Crash - I mean, one part of the cluster can't even move in a straight line :P
5. Venice Queen - oh this guy gon get rekt by me
6. Veto - as long as I keep my front facing him, I should be able to pull it off. one wrong move and it could get out of hand

The Windmill Division:
1. Blackrose - oh hey look a robot I really didn't want to face. this one'll be close
2. Cheatbot - yeah I'm probably gonna win this one
3. Frequency - same as Veto
4. Rosebud - didn't really want to face this one either, but I could still pull it off
5. Tortoise - I think I have double his speed

Barrier Division:
1. Thunder - this should be interesting actually.
2. Clown Breath - this is a case where I think that having 2 robots will make it possible for me to win, simply because I have 2 spinning bars to break, while I only have to destroy one of his
3. Remi - if I can get around the plow...
4. Whipcoil - ok yeah probably not
5. Om Nom Nomster - dat exposed weapon support tho
6. March or Die - no, trust me guys, I totally got this :v:

Force Feedback Division:
1. Metal 2 - 1 uncontrollable robot vs 2 slow spinners. :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:
2. D.U.D.E - I see some yummy corners
3. Depth Charge II - oh hey look I'm gonna lose again
4. T and T - it me
5. Lyra - actually, his armor's low enough that he's gonna have some issues with me, especially since he's not that much faster

Tank Division:
1. Cloak & Dagger - welp, I didn't want to face this
2. Klarinette - If I can chain together flips, I can win
3. Landkreuzer P1000 - invertable or not, he has pretty much no wedge, while I have one of the shallowest
4. Chimera - I think it'd be funny to see this one face itself. not as funny as T&T, but still funny
5. Undertow (0-0) - I have the speed advantage, and I'm not hampered by a gigantic ass shield

Heart Attack Division:
1. Halberd - eek. but I suppose I might be able to pull it off
2. Escape Plan - usually rear-hinged flippers beat front-hinged ones, yeah?
3. Dr. Feelgood - as long as I can get under I can beat it
4. Hypothermia - the turret on this one scares me, so I'm not sure which way it'll go yet
5. Tellu - Inclined to lean towards me because of my speed advantage, but it'll be a tough one
6. Sparkster - he'll win in a split decision

Eurypterus Division:
1. Dat Dog 2 - I can get around the plow, or under it. whichever I prefer :P
2. Sundown Ranger - this will be close
3. Fourth Horseman - as long as I can avoid the flipper, I should be good
4. In the Red Square Minion - so much exploitable side to wedge underneath
5. Final Boss - also could go either way

Copperhead Division:
1. Khnum - it me
2. Archetype - I shall be avoiding that spinner, thank you very much
3. D'Artagnan - swerve drive or not, I have almost double his speed
4. Bloodlust - Khnum was built to take on this sort of thing
5. Terminal Velocity - not even a hinged wedge on that bot, this'll definitely go my way
6. Mega Plowdozer - close, but inclined to go towards me because of my better speed
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122