FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 pm

...I fail to see how that self-right would work.

Also considering how Endgame and Desolation have been doing this season, I doubt you're right on the whole "one hit to win" thing.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Nov 20 2015, 02:11 PM</dd></dl><div>...I fail to see how that self-right would work.

Also considering how Endgame and Desolation have been doing this season, I doubt you're right on the whole "one hit to win" thing.[/quote]I modified it so the spinner can tilt left or right. When fired on full with that, it can put itself on its top or bottom.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm highly dubious about accepting that as a legitimate entry. I'm not even sure if those legs would work to move the bot around.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Nov 20 2015, 04:08 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm highly dubious about accepting that as a legitimate entry. I'm not even sure if those legs would work to move the bot around.[/quote]I think it can

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 10:02 AM</dd></dl><div>Well that's just ducky. :v:[/quote]He's up all night to get Ducky. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:32 am

Wait... is that thing supposed to be a vertical or horizontal spinner? I honestly can't tell.

IMO walkers should fall under this rule:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Also, if you plan on using uncommon technology (i.e. Hydraulics, Omni-drive, Turbo and EFI engines) please have the decency to know how they actually work.[/quote]

As well as a "must be able to clearly and convincingly explain how your design works, and that it works."

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:39 am

They certainly have in the past.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Nov 22 2015, 02:32 AM</dd></dl><div>Wait... is that thing supposed to be a vertical or horizontal spinner? I honestly can't tell.

IMO walkers should fall under this rule:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Also, if you plan on using uncommon technology (i.e. Hydraulics, Omni-drive, Turbo and EFI engines) please have the decency to know how they actually work.[/quote]

As well as a "must be able to clearly and convincingly explain how your design works, and that it works."[/quote]

It's a horizontal. But It also can stop, angle its spinner by way of basically a big stick inside the robot, then spin. Because it spins at [yes] miles an hour, it can sorta self-right itself onto its top or bottom. It doesn't always work, but it at least succeeds into flopping it into the walls where it can push itself up.
Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Wait... so, it's a ring spinner, that can also angle the spinner?

How the heck does that work? Can we see some diagrams?

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:41 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>Nov 22 2015, 09:02 PM</dd></dl><div>Wait... so, it's a ring spinner, that can also angle the spinner?

How the heck does that work? Can we see some diagrams?[/quote]This is the best I can give you ATM. More within a day or so.

EDIT: Image doesn't work, so link: http://imgur.com/8Z71pB2
Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 am

Okay, I'm still very confused, but from what I can gather, the entire weapon mechanism, motor and all, can tilt back and forth? If that's the case, then the gap in the chassis for the weapon to pass through would surely prevent it from doing that? If not, then it's still going to be wildly unstable, especially since it's taller than it is wide. Sorry, but personally I just can't see it actually working.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:36 am

It's a melty brain design but I don't actually think it'll be an effective design at all.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:53 pm

If youre talking about Totallynotsatan's Superheavyweight, its not a melty brain, TBR - Its a walking spinner/Endgame clone
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 23 2015, 09:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Okay, I'm still very confused, but from what I can gather, the entire weapon mechanism, motor and all, can tilt back and forth? If that's the case, then the gap in the chassis for the weapon to pass through would surely prevent it from doing that? If not, then it's still going to be wildly unstable, especially since it's taller than it is wide. Sorry, but personally I just can't see it actually working.[/quote]That's pretty much correct. It is wildly unstable. It's not meant to win

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm not sure what the fascination with these uber walking spinners is anyway. I'm half tempted to just officially ban them because they bring nothing interesting to the table.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.