FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 05:24 PM</dd></dl><div>BrianTheAmerican is coming&#33;&#33; Oh happy day&#33;&#33;[/quote]Cue the entrance music, in which case. :P

<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/eCGoA-dZBzo' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 08:55 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Out of curiosity since Hammerfall is using the CFL rules and we have had so many members come over here, will Hammerfall be counted for the records? I don't care either way, just curious.[/quote]Generally speaking, the rule of thumb is that it needs to be a full 4 weight class tournament to be included in the rankings.[/quote]I figured as much. I reckon Hammerfall will just go by their own ranking system.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this, but there are too few spinners in LW, at least as of now. so substitution&#33; Madman will be back when I need to have a spinner tanking bot again :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 12:28 PM</dd></dl><div>...How would that even work? The way I see it, as soon as it makes a step, the weapon will hit the ground and go unstable everywhere.

What's with this new trend of really high-up walking spinners anyway? Did we get warped to 2001 or something?[/quote]It's raised a bit under an inch off the ground. If it moves slow enough, it can move stably.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 07:18 PM</dd></dl><div>Can't believe I'm saying this, but there are too few spinners in LW, at least as of now. [/quote]You say that like it's a bad thing. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 08:53 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 07:18 PM</dd></dl><div>Can't believe I'm saying this, but there are too few spinners in LW, at least as of now. [/quote]You say that like it's a bad thing. :v: [/quote]That has reminded me of this post. :v:

I could also switch out No Exit for Watch Your Step&#33;. I really love the looks of No Exit, but I also realise it won't be particularly effective. Could whip up a drum spinner before then as well, just to get a different type of robot in each weight class.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:33 pm

GF hates spinners. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 09:06 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 08:53 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 07:18 PM</dd></dl><div>Can't believe I'm saying this, but there are too few spinners in LW, at least as of now. [/quote]You say that like it's a bad thing. :v: [/quote]That has reminded me of this post. :v:

I could also switch out No Exit for Watch Your Step&#33;. I really love the looks of No Exit, but I also realise it won't be particularly effective. Could whip up a drum spinner before then as well, just to get a different type of robot in each weight class.[/quote]That reminds me of the Roman orator Cato the Elder.

"We need tax reforms&#33; Oh, by the way, Carthage must be destroyed." "More power to the people&#33; Carthage must be destroyed." "We need more trade with Carthage&#33; Carthage must be destroyed."

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 pm

no wait I want to keep venice queen in now :v:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>totallynotsatan</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> It's raised a bit under an inch off the ground. If it moves slow enough, it can move stably. [/quote]

the spinner is still like, 2/3 of the robot. if you thought endgame 1.0 was unstable, this thing will be even worse
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 10:59 PM</dd></dl><div>no wait I want to keep venice queen in now :v:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>totallynotsatan</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> It's raised a bit under an inch off the ground. If it moves slow enough, it can move stably. [/quote]

the spinner is still like, 2/3 of the robot. if you thought endgame 1.0 was unstable, this thing will be even worse [/quote]The spinner can self-right the bot. And it only needs to survive one hit to win.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 11:49 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 10:59 PM</dd></dl><div>no wait I want to keep venice queen in now :v:

the spinner is still like, 2/3 of the robot. if you thought endgame 1.0 was unstable, this thing will be even worse [/quote]The spinner can self-right the bot. And it only needs to survive one hit to win.[/quote]how
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:55 pm

I see this happening.

<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/z05NMzAnpL8' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 11:49 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 19 2015, 10:59 PM</dd></dl><div>no wait I want to keep venice queen in now :v:

the spinner is still like, 2/3 of the robot. if you thought endgame 1.0 was unstable, this thing will be even worse [/quote]The spinner can self-right the bot. And it only needs to survive one hit to win.[/quote]I fail to see how on Earth it can self-right. If you're counting on a Rambyte on Tornado Mer dance, your chassis is just going to spin in place. Furthermore, as I've discovered with Endgame, usually half the opponent's drivetrain survives the first hit and it's hard to follow up on that when you're on your side.

To fix the stability problem, I would suggest using a shorter, wider body and a less massive blade. Maybe throw a self-righting post on top as well. It's not reliable, but it's better than no chance.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:03 am

If there is more spinner than body (like 50%, and not counting weapon motors) then it's pretty likely the weapon will spin you.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 20 2015, 12:03 AM</dd></dl><div>If there is more spinner than body (like 50%, and not counting weapon motors) then it's pretty likely the weapon will spin you.[/quote]Couldn't I modify it so that the center is made of pure osmium? Dense, so the center's above 50% of the weight?