FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:26 pm

The in-line wheels on Undertow remind me of Philip's Underminer. He managed to take a championship with that bot, so it should be interesting to see how it does.

Your team is pretty cool all-around, Attackfrog. Lots of personality.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Pelican looks neat. As others have mentioned, it's a bit too long for its own good, but otherwise it's a great design. I think I tried to make something similar a while back and it turned out so terrible that I never bothered posting it anywhere. Glad to see that someone found a way to make the design work :)

Undertow's drive setup is neat as well. I can't wait to see how it performs.
poopity scoop

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Two more substitutions. Pandemonium and Nitro 2 have been swapped out for Bomber and Airtime Extreme, respectively.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:31 pm

you just cant make up your mind, can you :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Nope! Probably gonna change many more times before the deadline.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:46 am

What's the deadline for this? I'll want to enter but the next two weeks will be busy.

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:49 am

I think you'll still be fine. Ruination needs to finish first, then we're thinking of having a bit of a break before FRR kicks off.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 18 2015, 10:49 AM</dd></dl><div>I think you'll still be fine. Ruination needs to finish first, then we're thinking of having a bit of a break before FRR kicks off.[/quote]Pretty much this. I wouldn't expect FRR to kick off until sometime in January or early February, depending on exactly when Ruination finishes. So plan on having until sometime in the New Year to get your entries in.

The plan is to also have time to redo the CFL list in between Ruination and FRR as well, so at least a couple week break would be beneficial.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Figured I could welcome Totallynotsatan to the mix. pretty decent designs overall, but if I may give two quick suggestions; first of all, Albacore's drum is going to have issues catching anything, due to how deep into the chassis it is set, and its lack of teeth. secondly, I feel that Bulldozer's lifter is going to have issues getting under most things due to its shape. you may want to make it more plow-ey or wedge-ey. looking forewards to facing you :P
Last edited by Venice Queen on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Welcome aboard, person who is definitely not Satan&#33; As Goat said, you have some good ideas for sure. I would suggest moving some of Tank's armor points into traction, as it will be near impossible to control with its current stat spread. I learned the hard way.
poopity scoop

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Nov 18 2015, 01:16 PM</dd></dl><div>Figured I could welcome Totallynotsatan to the mix. pretty decent designs overall, but if I may give two quick suggestions; first of all, Albacore's drum is going to have issues catching anything, due to how deep into the chassis it is set, and its lack of teeth. secondly, I feel that Bulldozer's lifter is going to have issues getting under most things due to its shape. you may want to make it more plow-ey or wedge-ey. looking forewards to facing you :P[/quote]Good ideas&#33; Gonna fix the two bots later today.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Also, there is a HW Tank already. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 18 2015, 04:05 PM</dd></dl><div>Also, there is a HW Tank already. :v:[/quote]Really? I'll change the name then.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Just call it "I cant believe it's not tank" :v:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:39 pm

This tourney is getting crazy. So many rookies, along with some pretty cool designs as well.

I finally have some competitive(on paper) bots, and some neat designs. Realllly looking forward to Backlash.
Last edited by Toxic on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.