Ruination: The Contagion - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Dec 7 2014, 02:41 PM</dd></dl><div>About the omni wheels: I would limit the traction, idk how but probably relative to the speed. IMO, omni wheels shouldn't have limited torque, because irl, torque is determined by the motor and gear ratio.[/quote]Agreed. I'd say limit the Traction, but not the Torque.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Libra confirmed for <del>SSB4</del> Team Covenant.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:59 pm

I did not notice Zombie Killer being added. On the one hand, great to see him back in action. On the other hand, blah. :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:18 pm

If I may paraphrase from Philip, it's kind of a bad omen when your opponents are eager to fight your bot. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:42 pm

And my team is now complete. Speculation may begin as to which robot will be this season's passenger. :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Dec 21 2014, 01:42 PM</dd></dl><div>Speculation may begin as to which robot will be this season's passenger. :v:[/quote]I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Stormbringer, myself. He is the passenger, and he rides, and he rides. :v:

Also, just reserved a place myself. No robots yet, but I think I've got some good ideas in the works.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:44 pm

MW Entrant up. I've decided to go with the new and improved Marauder for this one. I know I've entered it into a lot of competitions lately, but once it's had its run here, I'll give it a break and see if I can use some different MWs for a little while afterward.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:10 am

I couldn't resist. :D The band is officially back together.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:28 am

My entrants are sorted and ready :).

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:45 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:28 AM</dd></dl><div>My entrants are sorted and ready :). [/quote]Awesomeness, looking forward to fighting them. Not so sure about what I'll enter myself at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:04 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:45 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:28 AM</dd></dl><div>My entrants are sorted and ready :). [/quote]Awesomeness, looking forward to fighting them. Not so sure about what I'll enter myself at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.[/quote]Just hope to perform better than my previous entrants which was shambolic, after studying hard on re-designs, new bots. It's the bestI've come up with. Espically Upchuck, he's a promising one.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:33 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 04:04 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:45 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:28 AM</dd></dl><div>My entrants are sorted and ready :). [/quote]Awesomeness, looking forward to fighting them. Not so sure about what I'll enter myself at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.[/quote]Just hope to perform better than my previous entrants which was shambolic, after studying hard on re-designs, new bots. It's the bestI've come up with. Espically Upchuck, he's a promising one.[/quote]Yeah, they do look very good indeed, so hopefully they should do OK.

Also, SHW entry added.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:37 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 04:33 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 04:04 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:45 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 03:28 AM</dd></dl><div>My entrants are sorted and ready :). [/quote]Awesomeness, looking forward to fighting them. Not so sure about what I'll enter myself at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.[/quote]Just hope to perform better than my previous entrants which was shambolic, after studying hard on re-designs, new bots. It's the bestI've come up with. Espically Upchuck, he's a promising one.[/quote]Yeah, they do look very good indeed, so hopefully they should do OK.

Also, SHW entry added. [/quote]Inferior vs Black Mamba... ooh what a clash

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:42 am

Yup, that should be a good one. I've been quite looking forward to using the new Mamba in combat, actually- and now that I've got the designs and stats and everything, hopefully I should be able to do OK. I mean, I'd say she's pretty well-suited for kicking ass.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 4 2015, 06:42 AM</dd></dl><div>Yup, that should be a good one. I've been quite looking forward to using the new Mamba in combat, actually- and now that I've got the designs and stats and everything, hopefully I should be able to do OK. I mean, I'd say she's pretty well-suited for kicking ass.[/quote]As usual you've got a solid team, Black Mamba is going to be one tough bot to take down. Depends how my tactics go.