Ruination: The Contagion - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Well I can see that I've pretty much caused a meltdown of the Fantasy Access Board so yeah, here I am again.

As I've told Josh and Nick S, yeah, I realize leaving such a post furthered such drama and made things worse. The thing is, I don't know what the correct thing do was, and leaving seemed to be the lesser of evils. Perhaps that was a poor choice on my part, but I felt that if nothing was done, eventually it would have built up to that anyway because of some of the things I'd been hearing.

I'll address Alex MW first.

Okay yeah, I was pissed off. And yeah, a lot of it was directed at you. Likely enough I was too confrontational with my reactions about it, and I apologize, especially for that 'get your head out of your ass' bit. But really, I entirely disagree with your views on competitive arguments. Is it part of the sport? Yeah, of course it is. But that doesn't mean it won't stir up tension between people. And from what I see, it's not the good 'just bugging you man' tension that wears off after a day or two. It's like a build-up of malice that completely destroys respect for other people over time.

An example, sadly, is Nick S and Josh (which is happily corrected now, though I wish it hadn't come to this). Nick S told me that he thought Josh was the most biased writer when it comes to ARC, and then there was the whole debacle about Parasite during Ruination: The Beginning. That was not 'friendly banter', there was real malice there. It just kind of snowballed, and then Nick S had to speak up about his bias. Perhaps you disagree with my views as well. Fine. People aren't going to agree with each other, so whatever. I respect that.

I will totally agree with you about my win record though, haha. Yeah, my win record has been absolutely ridiculous over the past few tournaments, and it is my honest opinion that my machines are the most boring, bland, utter cowpiles you'll find on the site. I'm just as surprised as any of you that ANY of them won anything. I don't even think SZF deserved to get his second title, but that was because of ToC. :P It might be because of the writers, sure, but no one thought of a real solution to it until now. I like your guys' idea of cycling through writers. I also very much like your idea of submitting your team to a non-competitor to post up at the deadline, which is a very clever idea and (again) can't believe no one voiced about it until now.

As for regrets, well... one of the biggest things I regret is the entire LoRE 1 debacle. Not only tidying up for Badnik (no offense) but the play-offs thing. That was a bad move on our part. We had like no judges at all besides Lian, Badnik was absent, and we couldn't contact any of you guys. Should we have waited? Postponed it for a bit? Yeah probably. But then again, most of the forum wanted the damn thing over with already, and so we hearkened to that.

Bias is something else I wanted to discuss. Are we inherently biased? I can't say. But I can tell you without a doubt that I don't give a shit if one of the bots I'm writing results for is a close friend of mine, like you or Josh or Lian, and the other guy is like playzooki or Mystic or even Minion33088, who I haven't been on close terms with at all really. I still write the results by the RPs. By the design. By the stats. It's really fucking stupid to assume that I'd favour someone over somebody else because I know them IRL. I think this is one of the reasons I left during ARC: Aftermath. People I think assumed I favoured Mobile Failure over S.W.A.T. because Tracy was my friend IRL, and that pissed me off big time. Then I saw the rewrite thread and decided that was it. LoRE1... I tried. Even if it was my own bot, I looked at it pretty much like any other bot. Yeah, it seemed shady, but again, we were in a tight spot.

The last thing I wanted to bring up... cloning bots? lmao... I really couldn't give two fucks. Yeah, I'll straight up admit I pretty much copied Square Wave and Hephaestus (though for the latter it was pretty much the axe :P), but that's okay. People are going to copy other bots and that's fine, because like Martijn said time ago, 99.9% of the bots out there are copies in same way. If an original concept comes along, and does well, it's going to get copied.

I'll just close this message to you out by saying you're still a cool guy and you're better than me regarding this stuff. :v: If you really feel I have such a high opinion of myself that I needed to say the things I did, you have another thing coming. I've always had low self-esteem, and a lot of people can vouch for me there, so that's that done.

----

Lian, man...

I know you're not going to like hearing this. But I pretty much stand by everything, and I mean everything I've said to you regarding Crazy Bots.

The thing that bothered me was when you blatantly called me out on 'betraying you' or something crap like that. Where the flip does that come into anything? I had told you, over and over again, throughout the tournament, that you were really not doing a good job of running it. Now admittedly I might have went overboard, but this nonsense about betrayal really ticked me off. I did not once personally attack you. I called you out on being lazy and complacent regarding the tournament. How I feel about your tournament-running capacity means dick about how I feel about you as a person. You're one of my closest friends and I've known you now for over 5 years, maybe even 6. All the fault I can find in you is that your hosting skills aren't up to scratch. How is that a personal attack? Come on...

And I didn't leave because of the game. I left because several people were taking this too seriously and it wasn't fun anymore. Whatever, I'm back now I guess. I'll take the FF losses, but let me tell you that I don't like how the situation was handled before that.

This is quite literally a terrible way to close out. Alex V at first refused to meet with you on a Saturday because you wrote him a loss. That riled me up. That's so fucking retarded, no one should go into such a blind rage over a game that they feel the need to break away from being friends with someone. That is atrocious. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Don't do this. It's not worth it. It's really not. I do apologize if I've offended you in anyway, but really, this is a mistake.

----

Josh, Nick S...

Yeah I'm sorry but both you guys got me irritated as well. And yeah, these things go back since Ruination 1, to the things I've already mentioned. They just kind of snowballed. My impression is that Nick S was so biased against Josh that he refused to take a single loss Josh gave him lightly, and that Josh was incredibly passive-aggressive against him in return. That's what I interpreted up to 2 or 3 days ago. Then the post regarding Josh's bias against him sprung him. I'll admit, that was a huge part of my leaving.

Let me just take some time to say that I pretty much trust every writer that I've taken on (maybe with the exception of Lian, but I will admit he's gotten a hell of a lot better than he was at first) to an almost pristine level. That's why I took both Josh and Nick S, along with Alex MW, under my wing as Ruination 3 writers, because I trust them implicitly. Were there a few matches of theirs I wasn't happy about? Of course! Nobody likes losing, but you fucking get over it and move on. So what Nick S did to Josh was almost an accusation that I had questionable taste in taking on writers, which I felt was a big insult.

I went to you about this, Nick, and it seemed to die down, we had a good discussion about it. That cheered me up a fair amount. And then the next day I get wind of you talking about this in the RB chat, where neither me or Josh can speak our pieces. That was pretty much it. Whatever your intentions were, I didn't feel they were very good, so I gave up with trying to make peace between people and just left. There. That's why I left. Because stupid crap like that was going on, or so I thought it was. Obviously now I know I got the wrong impression, since you and Josh totally straightened things out.

So basically I'd just like to offer some big apologies to both you guys, since leaving probably wasn't the most mature thing to do. But again, it seemed the lesser of evils and I believed it would have drawn to that eventually anyway.

I'd also like to apologize to everyone else for this huge fuss. Especially Badnik since he's been on the brink of having a nervous breakdown. I didn't mean to put you through that all, Badnik.

----

One more thing I'd like to mention is that I kind of feel I've blown my responsibilities as an admin, so if you guys feel I've trashed that then I'll step down, even from being a mod. I feel I have, but eh.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:14 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 01:56 PM</dd></dl><div>the proletariat is seizing the means of production from the bourgeois[/quote]says the administrator[/quote]I like having my means of production seized

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Welcome back :)

No worries about it man. I'm cool.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:21 pm

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:40 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:14 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 01:56 PM</dd></dl><div>the proletariat is seizing the means of production from the bourgeois[/quote]says the administrator[/quote]I like having my means of production seized [/quote]You like someone seizing your cock and balls? XD

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 03:24 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:40 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:14 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 01:56 PM</dd></dl><div>the proletariat is seizing the means of production from the bourgeois[/quote]says the administrator[/quote]I like having my means of production seized [/quote]You like someone seizing your cock and balls? XD[/quote]That's his means of REproduction. You sick fuck. :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 03:39 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 03:24 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:40 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 02:14 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 24 2015, 01:56 PM</dd></dl><div>the proletariat is seizing the means of production from the bourgeois[/quote]says the administrator[/quote]I like having my means of production seized [/quote]You like someone seizing your cock and balls? XD[/quote]That's his means of REproduction. You sick fuck. :v:[/quote]What does the production of Resident Evil have to do with this? :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I'll address Alex MW first.

Okay yeah, I was pissed off. And yeah, a lot of it was directed at you. [/quote]

I'm just gonna say that I don't know how any of this:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Well, it seems certain people can't get along and tensions are brewing all around, and I'm the focal point of it all... so pretty sure this isn't going to be happening now. I'm not going to be listing any names, but I'm really disappointed in a lot of people here. It's a game, but obviously you all treat it more than a game. I have better things to do than baby-sit the forum.

Maybe I'll be back for FRR7 or whatever, or maybe a miracle will happen and this doesn't get cancelled and you'll all play nice again. Judging by the previous seasons, I'm not counting on it though.

Farewell for now. Feel free to bite each other's heads off all you like. I don't care anymore.[/quote]

Was directed at me. Like, I never said anything at all, before your post. I didn't talk to anyone on skype, and on the forums the most I made were posts about how self-righting poles worked. I mean, badnik said that you wouldn't come back unless I apologized. And I'm genuinely not sure for what I was supposed to apologize for. I mean I told you to go fuck yourself, but I think I made it clear how condescending your 'I'm leaving' post was. But prior to that post, I don't really think I did anything.

Genuinely not meaning to be or look like a dick here&#33; Just not sure what I, in particular, did prior to your post that meant for the post to be mainly directed at me&#33;

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:39 pm

I'll reply to that in proper when I can portray the post in a way that I don't sound like a retard. :headache:

Sorry for being a dick, everyone. :/ This is still definitely going forward.

Uh, I myself have forgotten what the deadline was so I put up the month I remember it being.

I've also decided that, like last tournament, there will be a tag-team tourney afterward. Only this time there will be two classes: lightweight and middleweight. Teams will be randomized, again like they were before. Should I open up a sign-up for the tag-team?

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed May 13, 2015 11:25 am

Okay, I've just gone and wiped the writer's slate clean. See, I kind of want to mix it up a bit this season. Maybe let everybody have a go. Spatula hired playzooki, which I was kind of worried about, but 'zooks turned out all right. Which is cool. It's nice to see people getting chances and living up to them. So...

The main people I have in mind are Martijn (MadBull), Nick F (NFX), and if he's not too busy, Chris (Area51Escapee). But I could have guest writers every week as well, whether to have a few matches to write, or to cover for someone who can't write that week. Because let's face it, unforeseen delays happen. This could also give an opportunity to those who haven't written results yet and would like to give it a try.

And before any of you guys new(-ish) to writing step up, I would implore you to please look through the current rules and maybe even submit some practice battles that the mods could look over. I'm sure we'd be able to help.

What do you think, guys?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 am

That seems like a good idea, and I think it would help out with the idea of keeping the writing staff fresh so it isn't necessarily the exact same group season after season, particularly if any newer people are interested/capable.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed May 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Im not too bothered about being in the writing staff, but im willing to cover for people who cant write or are awol

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Okay so people are pretty cool with this idea, so I'm going to go ahead with it. Though, again, those who want to write but aren't too familiar with how results are written, go ahead and try some test results, and have a seasoned writer like Josh or Alex MW look over them.

Another note is that Chris, again, may not be available for regular writer duty so I may have to put Josh in his place. :v:

Depending on how long LoRE 2 (OR CRAZY BOTS&#33;&#33;&#33;) takes to get done, I'm thinking of starting this at the end of July. Thoughts?

As a final note, NFX has agreed to render an arena for me again. I recently had a go at it myself again, and failed. I'm just not good with arenas. ;___; If it doesn't get done in time, I'd like to ask Badnik or Minion-Paul's permission to use the LoRE arena in place. If not, I can always use the ARC Arena. :v:

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Go ahead and use the LoRE arena if you need to
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ