Robot Bastards - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:36 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 07:28 AM</dd></dl><div>Were they posted after the 5am time Alex? If they were, you always run the risk of a forfeit. It's something I learned all too well during my early days on here. So when you post your RP's on a sunday past the deadline, you always run a risk of this happening, unfortunately you got caught out on this week.

EDIT: Alex, I've deleted your post for good reason, as this would spark yet another huge arguement that wont go in your favour.[/quote]While I can totally see a post can be worth deleting Lian, what you have done now is created a lot of mystery and ambiguity by replying to a post and then removing whatever it was you replied to.

For starters, without seeing the original post no one can even know for sure what Alex you are referring to in the first place.

What your post is gonna do is make people jump to conclusions. I find it a pretty secure bet that with the facts provided most people are gonna conclude this mystery Alex is GF, while for all I know it was Siphai who posted something so terrible it had to be deleted.

For the record, if this was about Lethal Injection losing by forfeit. Lethal Injection's RP came in on TUESDAY, and I can confirm that the writer of that match had written his batch of matches long before that, on Sunday, as it should be. I know that Robot Bastards as a whole is meeting delays, but that doesn't mean individual writers are.
Last edited by MadBull on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah, it was Alex V I was referring to, sorry for the confusion.

He basically said something quite offensive about the FF's which I feel was uncalled for, but I wanted to delete the post before it spiralled out of control

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:55 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 07:28 AM</dd></dl><div>Were they posted after the 5am time Alex? If they were, you always run the risk of a forfeit. It's something I learned all too well during my early days on here. So when you post your RP's on a sunday past the deadline, you always run a risk of this happening, unfortunately you got caught out on this week.

EDIT: Alex, I've deleted your post for good reason, as this would spark yet another huge arguement that wont go in your favour.[/quote]I was delayed with them somewhat- mostly due to a combination of University deadlines and recovering a bit after Saturday. But what I don't get is this- how come I was allowed to have Waterloo's match progress as normal but not Conqueror's, despite there only being a half hour difference in when they were posted?

EDIT: The times were as follows-
LW- Nov 17 2014, 12:43 AM
HW- Nov 17 2014, 12:18 AM
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 am

The long and short answer to that question is it depends on who exactly was writing the match. If I was writing both on the Sunday, honestly I would have FF both of those RP's due to the deadline and such, what's obviously happened is one has finished writing their results while the other hasn't, or noticed that it was passed the deadline, meaning you FF anyways.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 09:55 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 07:28 AM</dd></dl><div>Were they posted after the 5am time Alex? If they were, you always run the risk of a forfeit. It's something I learned all too well during my early days on here. So when you post your RP's on a sunday past the deadline, you always run a risk of this happening, unfortunately you got caught out on this week.

EDIT: Alex, I've deleted your post for good reason, as this would spark yet another huge arguement that wont go in your favour.[/quote]I was delayed with them somewhat- mostly due to a combination of University deadlines and recovering a bit after Saturday. But what I don't get is this- how come I was allowed to have Waterloo's match progress as normal but not Conqueror's, despite the latter being posted earlier?[/quote]Because they were written by different writers. The writer of Waterloo's match was delayed a bit too, so you got lucky there.

And you weren't delayed "somewhat" when you finish your RP's on friggin' Tuesday xD. And for the record I personally am not annoyed or anything about RP's coming in late but it can have consequences.
Last edited by MadBull on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am

Yeah it's kind of the risk that comes when you RP past Sunday. On one hand it provides some wiggle room if you RP late over the old system of yesteryear where the deadline was Sunday hard and fast regardless of when results got posted.

Of course that can lead to irregularities where RP's you posted later being counted over RP's you posted earlier.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 09:59 AM</dd></dl><div>And you weren't delayed "somewhat" when you finish your RP's on friggin' Tuesday xD.[/quote]In those two cases, the 17th was actually just on the Monday (Just after midnight from Sunday.), just so you know. Still bad mind you, I'm not denying that, but not quite as bad as Tuesday.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am

Yeah I know, it was your RP for Lethal Injection that came in on Tuesday ;)

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 10:03 AM</dd></dl><div>Yeah I know, it was your RP for Lethal Injection that came in on Tuesday ;)[/quote]Yeah, that's the one I don't mind having forfeited. It's just the LW one I have issues with. Just as a request, if someone could take another look at that whilst the other results are being sorted out, that'd be great.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am

Do you still have issues with it after the explanations above though?

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:05 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 10:04 AM</dd></dl><div>Do you still have issues with it after the explanations above though?[/quote]Yes admittedly, due to the very short time difference between it and the HW one being posted. As I say, if someone could take another look at that whilst the other results that haven't been done yet are being sorted out, that'd be great.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 10:05 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Nov 19 2014, 10:04 AM</dd></dl><div>Do you still have issues with it after the explanations above though?[/quote]Yes admittedly, due to the very short time difference between it and the HW one being posted. As I say, if someone could take another look at that whilst the other results that haven't been done yet are being sorted out, that'd be great.[/quote]As I said a minute ago, chances are those matches were handed out to two entirely different people, one saw it one way. And one saw it the other.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 am

As a staff member I can confirm what Lian says is very much the case.
(Well, actually, I already said that, but whatever)

Hypothetically you could have posted your 4 RP's an entire week late, yet due to extreme delays in the tournament caused by a single writer who happens to write 1 of those matches, you might get lucky and that 1 match still gets written.

That in no way should force the writers of the other 3 matches to be enlisted to write those other 3 matches of yours as well after all. Those 3 writers would have done their job for that week days ago. Count your blessings and be happy about the fact Waterloo at least was given a proper fight despite the big delay of its RP.
Last edited by MadBull on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:54 am

i wrote the matches on sunday ayy lmao. its your responsibility to rp on time. i understand shit happens, but rules are rules

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

I wrote the Waterloo match. I decided to be generous. If you ended up posting your rps before I posted the results, I was gonna give it you to, since it's a very one-sided match in your favor, and Martijn basically forfeited in his rp.

Late RPs are sometimes counted and sometimes not. It's the discretion of the writer and it's pretty much random whether you'll get lucky or not. Early on, Mystic rp'ed very late for some matches and we decided to edit our results and count them, since we wanted him to participate. After that he wasn't so lucky when he kept doing that. Basically if you want to 100% guarantee RPs will be counted, post them before the deadline. Chances are if you post them late Saturday night after midnight, early Sunday morning, those will likely be counted too. A full day late is unlikely. And you posted yours on Tuesday. TUESDAY&#33;

Now to be fair.... I realize we'd been slipping a bit with getting the results in on time. You might've gotten the impression that you could get away with posting on Tuesday if it was gonna be another "wait till Thursday" week. But the delays have mostly been Dylan and Chris, who are fairly busy and having a hard time fitting this stuff in lately. Playzooki and Martijn typically get their results to me Sunday afternoon. Alex usually Sunday or Monday. I'm a lazy dipshit and I tend to write my fights on Mondays.

idk where i'm going with this... uh... sucks about your week. sorry about that. rp earlier next time.