Robot Bastards - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 03:01 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 02:57 PM</dd></dl><div>Just noticed I've got Mr Not Very Nice next week, actually. An opportunity to get some long-awaited revenge, this just keeps getting better and better. :P[/quote]inb4 loss. :v: [/quote]Eh, I've got a fairly good idea of what to do this time.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 03:27 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 03:01 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 02:57 PM</dd></dl><div>Just noticed I've got Mr Not Very Nice next week, actually. An opportunity to get some long-awaited revenge, this just keeps getting better and better. :P[/quote]inb4 loss. :v: [/quote]Eh, I've got a fairly good idea of what to do this time.[/quote]inb4 gf gets 1080noscoped

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 03:39 PM</dd></dl><div>inb4 gf gets 1080noscoped[/quote]Couldn't you just shoot me with no fuss, in which case? Spinning in a circle three times before you do it seems a bit redundant. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 04:10 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 03:39 PM</dd></dl><div>inb4 gf gets 1080noscoped[/quote]Couldn't you just shoot me with no fuss, in which case? Spinning in a circle three times before you do it seems a bit redundant. :v: [/quote]but then i will get kicked out of FaZe :v:

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:30 pm

*looks up*

Sigh...

*shakes head, and resumes playing Smash 3DS*
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Oct 27 2014, 04:30 PM</dd></dl><div>*looks up*[/quote]*Suddenly, Bowser Bomb from nowhere*

THUD&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:24 am

I lost...to the Watcher. I lost...to the Watcher of all robots. The loss to Something Vibrant was understandable and I have no problems with that, but I literally cannot understand how I, let alone ANYONE, could lose to what is without a doubt, the worst-designed SHW here. We all know that it's an absolute joke of a machine that shouldn't work by ANY logic whatsoever (It doesn't even have any blades or hammers on it of any kind, so how could he even damage me, let alone completely curbstomp me?) going by the design, yet there's someone out there who thinks it's funny to make me lose to it.

Honestly, it's more than just a standard complaint about a result, I'm officially calling bullshit on this particular result. And if need be, I can provide evidence on why it simply would not happen the way it did. I'd like to speak to whoever wrote it.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 am

0-4... (Looks down in misery and disgust) I feel pretty ashamed ths week. It's really going down hill fron this point.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 29 2014, 03:24 AM</dd></dl><div>I lost...to the Watcher. I lost...to the Watcher of all robots. The loss to Something Vibrant was understandable and I have no problems with that, but I literally cannot understand how I, let alone ANYONE, could lose to what is without a doubt, the worst-designed SHW here. We all know that it's an absolute joke of a machine that shouldn't work by ANY logic whatsoever (It doesn't even have any blades or hammers on it of any kind, so how could he even damage me, let alone completely curbstomp me?) going by the design, yet there's someone out there who thinks it's funny to make me lose to it.

Honestly, it's more than just a standard complaint about a result, I'm officially calling bullshit on this particular result. And if need be, I can provide evidence on why it simply would not happen the way it did. I'd like to speak to whoever wrote it.[/quote]gr8 banter

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:59 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 29 2014, 03:24 AM</dd></dl><div>The loss to Something Vibrant was understandable [/quote]Yeah&#33; I'm looking pretty good in this rant&#33; Take that mofo's :cool:

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:20 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 29 2014, 03:24 AM</dd></dl><div>I lost...to the Watcher. I lost...to the Watcher of all robots. The loss to Something Vibrant was understandable and I have no problems with that, but I literally cannot understand how I, let alone ANYONE, could lose to what is without a doubt, the worst-designed SHW here. We all know that it's an absolute joke of a machine that shouldn't work by ANY logic whatsoever (It doesn't even have any blades or hammers on it of any kind, so how could he even damage me, let alone completely curbstomp me?) going by the design, yet there's someone out there who thinks it's funny to make me lose to it.

Honestly, it's more than just a standard complaint about a result, I'm officially calling bullshit on this particular result. And if need be, I can provide evidence on why it simply would not happen the way it did. I'd like to speak to whoever wrote it.[/quote]I can't believe you have an issue with a result.

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:31 am

Somebody needs to seriously calm down.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:46 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Oct 29 2014, 06:20 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 29 2014, 03:24 AM</dd></dl><div>I lost...to the Watcher. I lost...to the Watcher of all robots. The loss to Something Vibrant was understandable and I have no problems with that, but I literally cannot understand how I, let alone ANYONE, could lose to what is without a doubt, the worst-designed SHW here. We all know that it's an absolute joke of a machine that shouldn't work by ANY logic whatsoever (It doesn't even have any blades or hammers on it of any kind, so how could he even damage me, let alone completely curbstomp me?) going by the design, yet there's someone out there who thinks it's funny to make me lose to it.

Honestly, it's more than just a standard complaint about a result, I'm officially calling bullshit on this particular result. And if need be, I can provide evidence on why it simply would not happen the way it did. I'd like to speak to whoever wrote it.[/quote]I can't believe you have an issue with a result. [/quote]i cant believe he thinks FLIP THIS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; is better than the watcher. :v:

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:13 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 29 2014, 03:24 AM</dd></dl><div>It doesn't even have any blades or hammers on it of any kind, so how could he even damage me[/quote]In point of fact, Watcher DOES have hammers/blades on the chassis. Granted they aren't the best looking ones on a translational thwack ever, but they are there.

Also the writer seemed to make a point that your decision to use the forks was a rather poor one, and from an outsiders perspective I concur with that assessment. Using them instead of the scoop seems rather baffling.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:20 am

A few facts about the LI vs. The Watcher match

1. The Watcher is not a useless robot. It's not the most terrible effective robot (I think the teeth could be angled better), but it still spins with 13 speed (13 weapon power) and spins up pretty quickly. It can do some heavy damage.

2. I have NO idea why you didn't use the armored scoop, GF93. With the lifting spikes, you open yourself up to corner damage. The Watcher has a FIVE POINT advantage over your armor, and in corner damage terms that's flirting with one hit KO ability. He hits your lifting spikes on the side (because The Watcher is a wide robot) and trashes them in one hit.

3. You don't even compensate for this in your RP - you just say to box rush him head on, meaning that The Watcher is going to get a full on hit on the side of your lifting spikes. You could've at least tried to drive against his angle of rotation so he hits you head on, instead of side on.

4. The rear hinged wedge also has corners. For some reason you didn't make this flush with your side hinged wedges. I think with some smart driving you can deflect some of the hits, but your RP is just to be aggressive, and - again - The Watcher is a wide robot making it easy for him to score hits on the corners of your front or back.

Ultimately your biggest failing, imo, was not using the armored scoop. Again, I have no idea why you wouldn't use that, unless you'd happen to think The Watcher was absolutely incapable of causing damage. That's just not true. It's a 13 speed melty brain thwack - it hits with a weapon power of 13. He doesn't have hammers or blades but... uhh... did you maybe ignore the two grey spikes on either side (and presumably on the back)? Like two grey pyramids, dude... those would obviously hit you and cause damage.