Ruination Lite: The Switcheroo - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron.[/quote]deal with it
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>What...I can't compete with Mr Death. The other ones I'm fine with, but I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron. Last time I checked, it doesn't even have weapons.[/quote]Rufus Stone didn't have weapons, you seemed fine with him.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 30, 2014 11:38 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>What...I can't compete with Mr Death. The other ones I'm fine with, but I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron. Last time I checked, it doesn't even have weapons.[/quote]Just thank your lucky stars you didn't get Zombie Killer. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:39 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:38 AM</dd></dl><div>Just thank your lucky stars you didn't get Zombie Killer. :v: [/quote]Yeah I have to deal with that utter shite pile. :v:

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:42 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>What...I can't compete with Mr Death. The other ones I'm fine with, but I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron. Last time I checked, it doesn't even have weapons.[/quote]Rufus Stone didn't have weapons, you seemed fine with him.[/quote]Thing is though, he was at least adaptable with his Snowplough and Reversible Wedge and Harpoon and things- he didn't necessarily need any fancy weaponry to put up a fight, but at the same time he still had varied options rather than just your Common or Garden Hinged Skirts.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:42 AM</dd></dl><div>Thing is though, he was at least adaptable with his Snowplough and Reversible Wedge and Harpoon and things- he didn't necessarily need any fancy weaponry to put up a fight, but at the same time he still had varied options rather than just your Common or Garden Hinged Skirts.[/quote]Yeah, we get it, playzooki's robots could never ever be as good as yours. >_>

If you're going to resort to this, please exit the tournament now and I'll give your spot to somebody else. This is for fun, but you're clearly not interested in fun if you're insulting other people's robots.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 30, 2014 11:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:42 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>What...I can't compete with Mr Death. The other ones I'm fine with, but I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron. Last time I checked, it doesn't even have weapons.[/quote]Rufus Stone didn't have weapons, you seemed fine with him.[/quote]Thing is though, he was at least adaptable with his Snowplough and Reversible Wedge and Harpoon and things- he didn't necessarily need any fancy weaponry to put up a fight, but at the same time he still had varied options rather than just your Common or Garden Hinged Skirts.[/quote]Again I could ask... That makes Mr. Death worse than a bot like Zombie Killer... how exactly? :v:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri May 30, 2014 11:46 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>What...I can't compete with Mr Death. The other ones I'm fine with, but I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron. Last time I checked, it doesn't even have weapons.[/quote]Wow, that is completely inconsiderate and immature. It's just a fucking game. It's not even a full tournament. Bitching about results is one thing, but this is disrespecting Playzooki for no good reason.
Last edited by Area51Escapee on Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:44 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:42 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:28 AM</dd></dl><div>What...I can't compete with Mr Death. The other ones I'm fine with, but I don't want that useless lump of scrap iron. Last time I checked, it doesn't even have weapons.[/quote]Rufus Stone didn't have weapons, you seemed fine with him.[/quote]Thing is though, he was at least adaptable with his Snowplough and Reversible Wedge and Harpoon and things- he didn't necessarily need any fancy weaponry to put up a fight, but at the same time he still had varied options rather than just your Common or Garden Hinged Skirts.[/quote]Again I could ask... That makes Mr. Death worse than a bot like Zombie Killer... how exactly? :v: [/quote]Ah yes, I was just getting to that. And Zombie Killer is well-designed as well- it has from what I know a good balance of drive and armour (Though it would help if I could see the stats, the signup thread seems to have gone.), and the scoop at the front is well designed, with the wide end and the pegs on top to keep robots trapped.

And Kody? I never said I wasn't interested in fun. I am in fact happy with the rest of my choices (March or Die is a good machine, so I'm not insulting Zooks in general), but it was just this one I wasn't too happy with at the moment.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:50 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:47 AM</dd></dl><div>it was just this one I wasn't too happy with at the moment.[/quote]That is being a major douche. So you're not happy with your HW because it's not "the best"? Well how much of a shlepp are you going to feel if you actually win with Mr. Death? Let that thought penetrate your head.

It's just a game, don't be such a douche.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:47 AM</dd></dl><div>Ah yes, I was just getting to that. And Zombie Killer is well-designed as well- it has from what I know a good balance of drive and armour (Though it would help if I could see the stats, the signup thread seems to have gone.), and the scoop at the front is well designed, with the wide end and the pegs on top to keep robots trapped.[/quote]Then I'm just going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you didn't bother looking at Mr. Death in much detail since it has VERY similar stats and is a fairly similar design conceptually.

If anyone else had put up that entry you wouldn't have anything to say about it. :P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 am

Alright, maybe I was a bit too harsh.

EDIT: The only problem is Josh, is that I can't really see the two for the purpose of comparison at the moment.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri May 30, 2014 11:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:42 AM</dd></dl><div> rather than just your Common or Garden Hinged Skirts.[/quote]Like Pursuit had? Tank? Underall?

Okay, it doesn't have a great deal of detail, and there's no fancy stuff in terms of the paint job. Probably won't make it any less effective of a competitor, though. I doubt if any of the aforementioned robots lost their paintjobs, they would consequently lose their effectiveness.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:51 AM</dd></dl><div>EDIT: The only problem is Josh, is that I can't really see the two for the purpose of comparison at the moment.[/quote]Check Fantasy All Access. The sign-ups thread has been moved.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 30, 2014 11:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 30 2014, 11:52 AM</dd></dl><div>I doubt if any of the aforementioned robots lost their paintjobs, they would consequently lose their effectiveness.[/quote]Final Boss might though... :D