ARC: Redemption Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Dman that Road Rage, eh Siphai? Tough break.

Wait, Warper wins the LW catagory without even entering?!?! Damn. Guess Warper's that good.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Ok, gang, I'm working on getting the script done for the Finals' results. Right now, I've got the LW done, and have started on the MW. I know that sounds paltry, but I've worked the Tigers' games the past two nights, and worked during the day. I have tomorrow night and all day Thursday off. They should be done by Friday, when I leave for Chicago for my other Internet forum meetup this weekend.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:23 am

Awesome.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Houston, we have a problem. It seems I can't compatibly transfer the file from work to home via floppy disk. At least not in this manner. I'm gonna try saving it as a text/notepad file, and I'll also use the work email to email me a copy of both the doc and txt versions of it. If everything fails, I'm gonna have to spend a LOT of time here at the station tomorrow to type up the finals. Sorry about this gang.

systematic1

Post by systematic1 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 pm

somebody needs a flash drive.

or a laptop.

or a slave.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 am

A flash drive wouldn't work for me, unfortunately. Long story, but I don't think it'd work out for me. Laptops are too expensive, and I already have a slave, but not a computer one. lol Anyway, the email thing worked... sort of. I grabbed the wrong disc when I went to the station, so all I gotta do is go back today with the right disc and do it right this time. BUT, luckily, I've gotten the HW fight written, and most of the post-season awards. So, it's coming together pretty nicely.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:12 pm

And just when you think the chips are going to fall into place.....no. The file on the disc that had the LW all scripted out, unopenable. Keeps giving me some bologna about the file path name is incorrect or some mumbo-jumbo. The long and short of it, I have to rewrite the entire script of the LW fight. And I'm pissed, and depressed. I'll try to get on it, but now I can't promise anything. *sigh* I'm sorry guys. I don't know WHAT THE FUCK happened!! I think I just have a corrupt disc. I'm about to pour Holy Water on it and see if it combusts. That really would explain so much. Ok, back to work.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:22 pm

One last update....THE SCRIPT IS FINISHED!! Just need to give it one last proofread, and then I can post it.

Ah fuck it. I'll just put them up as is....Edit it as I go later.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:58 pm

...Well damn, I cant belive you actually killed both bots all 4 times, hahaha.

Re=requesting the pics I need

I Knew Jack Kennedy And You Sir are No Jack Kennedy: Surgeon General on steroids, basically. Or Mechavore. Either one. Anyway, two discs running on the same motor in front, and the rest is skirted, and it can run inverted. Hah, I'm a poet and I dont...yeah, I wont finish that sentance.

Super Upright Natural Clamper Unsurvivable Shover Thingy [It's fun to type, alright?]: Basically Diesector minus hammers, plus skirts and much more powerful jaws. Also, a wedge flap on both sides of the jaws, so the jaws are in the middle of the flaps. Kinda like...you know, I KNOW something has used the idea before, but I can't think of any examples... Oh, and invertible.

Major props to whoever does these

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Might as well re-name those, cause we're going to impliment a word limit. Give them names under 3 words and I'll CAD them all for you.

Good job with hte results Philip, I know it mmust have taken forever. Killing all 8 bots was kinda stupid though.

Congrads to Josh and Alex for beating me, especially Alex after loosing to me the first time around.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:32 am

What's the point in a word limit when all long names are auto-shortened, anyway? People got by calling Uh Oh It's A Red Hot Fridge Fridge just fine. And did a single person even care about Heartbreak Hand Hate blah's "full" name? You're Gonna get it dirty Shirley was referred to as Dirty Shirley the whole season. I'll Make you a new one tomorrow Mrs. Brown was simply called Mrs. Brown. Long names are never used even if people use them.

And yeah, the way Eury got killed was pretty stupid since the odds of it are basically a trillion to one, but at least he still won since that fight was all Eury anyway. A lot of others were probably unrealistically killed, too. I'll check over them again.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:09 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jun 29 2007&#44; 01:32 AM</dd></dl><div> What's the point in a word limit when all long names are auto-shortened, anyway? People got by calling Uh Oh It's A Red Hot Fridge Fridge just fine. And did a single person even care about Heartbreak Hand Hate blah's "full" name? You're Gonna get it dirty Shirley was referred to as Dirty Shirley the whole season. I'll Make you a new one tomorrow Mrs. Brown was simply called Mrs. Brown. Long names are never used even if people use them. [/quote]
Dude, it would be easier if you just didn't argue. Just go ahead and name it something under the 3 world limit.

On another note hooray Eurypterus =D Man, that was a good fight and a good way to clinch. Nice fight Paul, and congrats to having AMP retake the championship.

Very nice fights Philip, I definatly enjoyed reading them. Although I do have to agree, that killing all of the bots at the same time really came out of the left field. I always thought that F-Bomb and Eurypterus were invertible, especially since it's one of the few things that was put into his description, but whatever :P

Well, all I need now is a LW champion and I've filled out my dynasty.

Kiazi

Post by Kiazi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:55 am

Congrats to al the champs

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:03 am

F Bomb and EE are invertible. They went onto his backside like Ankle Biter (since EE was the plow version, he didn't have the wing wedges), on the rear armor plate, staring straight up at the sky.

You guys have no sense of humor about the bot killing thing though. In all fairness, I wasn't going to do it until Steve said both AMP and Rooster Teeth should try spinning late in the MW bout and then they both die... then I thought....eh why not.

Kiazi

Post by Kiazi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:09 am

I enjoyed reading the results...even though I wasn't a part of it.

As far as the name thing goes, is Pissed Off Poltergiest Ressurected still ok since we usually shroten it down to POPR?