Ruination: The Omen - Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 11 2013, 04:52 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 11 2013, 03:57 PM</dd></dl><div>And give me credit, I'm still better at creating conferences than Badnik. Maybe not by a grand margin, but probably a rung or two. :P

[/quote]Understatement of the millennium. :v: [/quote]Host of a failed tournament doesn't get to talk about who made bad conferences. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 11 2013, 05:06 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 11 2013, 04:52 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 11 2013, 03:57 PM</dd></dl><div>And give me credit, I'm still better at creating conferences than Badnik. Maybe not by a grand margin, but probably a rung or two. :P

[/quote]Understatement of the millennium. :v: [/quote]Host of a failed tournament doesn't get to talk about who made bad conferences. :v:[/quote]Just a temporary setback. If anyone's still interested come May (Since that's when my Uni term finishes, and thus I'll have all the time I need to host it.), I'll start it up again.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Dec 11 2013, 02:37 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Mobile Failure can clinch with a win.
Dr. Pepperdine clinch with a win and a Mr. NVN loss.
Fatality can clinch with a win.
Mr. Not Very Nice LW can clinch with a win and a Poison loss. [/quote]
wut.

5 bots can't clinch from the same conference. Scarab's already clinched so if Mobile Failure, Dr. Pepperdine, and Fatality all clinch Mr. NVNLW is shit out of luck. :v: [/quote]Thats just for this weeks matches, since Poison fights Dr P and Fatality fights Mr NVN. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:11 pm

the Mr NVN thing doesnt make sense because a win would only put it at 5-4 with the tiebreaker over fatality. Its probably left over from when I tried to draft the 3 weeks worth of scenarios. Mr NVN cant clinch this week

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Clinched this week
Mobile Failure
Dr. Pepperdine
Fatality
Tornedron
The Green Hornet
Fidchell
Stingray
Force Feedback
Klarinette
The Dark Side of Cupid
S.O.T.A.R.
Snijmachine
Reflector Shield
Peppernut
Jack Frost
Reaver

Eliminated
Mr. Not Very Nice LW
Poison
Don't Tread On Me
Solve et Coagula
Grave Robber
NB2
Spaulding
Ultima

In danger
Spike
Smoke & Mirrors
The "No" Patrol
Long Arm of the Law
Kraze
Dead Ringer For Love
Hephaestus
Phantasmic Slammer
Manta
Corrupted Politician

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Excellent to see that Tornedron's made it at last&#33; Two more opponents left, and he could have up to Ten wins and counting. :cool:

I'm also very happy with Lethal Injection's performance as well- I think this has been my longest winning streak ever, and there's a very good likelihood he could go in as the Number One seed if I can keep it up. Just out of curiosity though, what does "Clinched Conference" mean?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 10:55 PM</dd></dl><div>Just out of curiosity though, what does "Clinched Conference" mean?[/quote]Top spot in the Conference.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 10:56 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 10:55 PM</dd></dl><div>Just out of curiosity though, what does "Clinched Conference" mean?[/quote]Top spot in the Conference.[/quote]Ah, OK. Mind you, considering both Lethal Injection and Teresa are at 9 wins apiece, how will the Number One seed be decided if they both remain unbeaten?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 11:00 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 10:56 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 10:55 PM</dd></dl><div>Just out of curiosity though, what does "Clinched Conference" mean?[/quote]Top spot in the Conference.[/quote]Ah, OK. Mind you, considering both Lethal Injection and Teresa are at 9 wins apiece, how will the Number One seed be decided if they both remain unbeaten?[/quote]They are in different conferences so that won't matter. Seeding only matters for your own conference.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 15 2013, 11:00 PM</dd></dl><div>Ah, OK. Mind you, considering both Lethal Injection and Teresa are at 9 wins apiece, how will the Number One seed be decided if they both remain unbeaten?[/quote]They're in different conferences.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Ah, right. I was going by the system used for FRR Dead Zone and beyond, with there being one Division for each weight and all, so I was just wondering how it'd work.

Still, learn something new every day. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:49 am

How the heck is Grave Robber of all things the first of my bots to go out? He was pwning ass earlier in this tourney. Glad to see S/M and No Patrol get wins they need to stay alive. Not sure how Slammer is still in there, but if I can still make it that'd be awesome.

Edit: Kody you're wrong I can't make the playoffs with Slammer. The best I can do is tie with CoTD and he has the tiebreaker. No Patrol needs to win out, as does S/M I think. Not quite sure what the deal is with him. No Patrol seems to be my last hope.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:07 am

I think Slammer is involved in one of those crazy tie-breaker triangles, but it's still not a great position to be in. It's the same sort of thing that keeps Spike alive in the hunt.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 am

Ouch. Badnik goes 4-0, yet is completely eliminated from the play-offs... that's gotta hurt. :(

Also:

VENGEANCE CONFERENCE
- If ABR wins next week, Recovered is eliminated no matter what.
- If ABR loses and both Recovered and Mercenary win, ABR is eliminated
- If Recovered wins and both ABR and Mercenary lose, it goes to a rumble for 3rd and 4th spots. So Mercenary can logically still be eliminated somehow.

ANNIHILATION CONFERENCE
- Similar story
- If Braveheart wins, Bad Wolf is eliminated no matter what.
- If Braveheart loses and both Green Dragon and Bad Wolf win, Braveheart is eliminated.
- If Bad Wolf wins and both Green Dragon and Braveheart lose, it goes to a rumble for 3rd and 4th spots. So Green Dragon can logically still be eliminated.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:15 pm

The board is set. The pieces are moving.

Interesting facts:

- First time Alteiriaa manages to get her entire team into the play-offs.
- First time GF93 has an undefeated robot throughout the season. (Lethal Injection)
- First time anybody has had more than one undefeated robot in one reason (KodeBreaker with Cutie Honey and Teresa)
- First time playzooki and Mr. AS have made the play-offs at all.
- First time Kraze misses the play-offs. :(
- Rob Collins and Lewis forfeited the entire season. :( Strangely enough, Lewis has the most Coin Toss wins of any single season. Spatula however still holds the most of all-time, at 8 CTs.
- NFX prevented two undefeated streaks. (Scarab in Week 6, The Green Hornet in Week 8)
- Reflector Shield and Teresa break 20 wins this tournament. Jack Frost (all things considered) breaks 30.
- Force Feedback needs three more wins to break 50 and have the most wins of any CFL robot, passing Zombie Killer. The Dark Side of Cupid needs one more win to break 30.
- all champions entered from the previous Ruination are defending their titles (Braveheart and Cutie Honey).
- The Defiance Conference is a piece of shit. :P

Feel free to add more. :D