A Unique Idea Concerning Wedge Stats

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey guys, during my absence I thought up this idea which could hopefully increase more active weaponry for bots and whatnot.

My idea is that wedge stats can be normal, but if your bot has an active weapon of 3 or more (Also the bot will have to be a lifter/flipper/clamper or any other weapon that requires a wedge to work) Then that bot gets a +1 to it's wedge. If the power is 6+ then it would be +2 to a wedge.

My other idea is that if a bot has multiple wedges, then much like the active weapon rule, the wedge stat is divided by the amount of wedges it has (This could include skirts) So a bot with two wedges (Seeming as every bot these days has 2 wedges or more) with an 8 wedge stat will have it divided between the two.

What do the think guys?

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:31 pm

I think its somewhat good. A problem that I've had with the wedge stat is the nerfing of active weapon robots that might require a wedge or want to use a wedge as a part of its weaponry (something like Razer, Shockwave, etc).

I think that there is a bit of a problem with the wedge stat having Russianation type robots with hinged wedging around all the sides and then making them all like 8 wedge. Itd be cool to get people to try to pick a wedge to favor to gain the upperhand (kinda like how the armor stat used to give +2 for attached pieces, and now you can simply add armor to places by subtracting from others).

I don't remember if ARC currently does this but imo the hinge of the wedge should be the weakest part of the armor. Maybe a passive (-1) or something bonus to just the hinge (not the wedge itself).

Another thing could be that the higher the wedge stat, the more likely the robot is to hit bumps and scraps and shit on the arena floor. Think back to Dr Inferno Jr. and how kept slamming its wedges into every crack; eventually forcing the building to trim it by like half an inch just so he could move easily.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I think that there is a bit of a problem with the wedge stat having Russianation type robots with hinged wedging around all the sides and then making them all like 8 wedge. Itd be cool to get people to try to pick a wedge to favor to gain the upperhand (kinda like how the armor stat used to give +2 for attached pieces, and now you can simply add armor to places by subtracting from others).[/quote]
All-around skirting is lame. :D I wouldn't be strictly against something of this nature. I've never quite bought into side skirting being just as effective as front wedges since they don't benifit from the force of drive.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I don't remember if ARC currently does this but imo the hinge of the wedge should be the weakest part of the armor. Maybe a passive (-1) or something bonus to just the hinge (not the wedge itself). [/quote]
It kinda sorta works like this. Final Boss got it's skirting ripped off fairly regularly at any rate. :lol:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Another thing could be that the higher the wedge stat, the more likely the robot is to hit bumps and scraps and shit on the arena floor. Think back to Dr Inferno Jr. and how kept slamming its wedges into every crack; eventually forcing the building to trim it by like half an inch just so he could move easily. [/quote]
Our floor is prefectly smooth you son of a bitch&#33; :lol:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 08:44 PM</dd></dl><div>
Our floor is prefectly smooth you son of a bitch&#33; :lol: [/quote]
... then no wheeled or tracked robot would be able to drive on it...

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 pm

HA&#33;

*goes to be a douche and design a shw walking spinner*

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 04:23 PM</dd></dl><div> HA&#33;

*goes to be a douche and design a shw walking spinner* [/quote]
eat winless season mofo :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm

no

tankasaurus rex will give me free win. like sparkey/sylandro.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 09:30 PM</dd></dl><div> no

tankasaurus rex will give me free win. like sparkey/sylandro. [/quote]
Tankasaurus Rex is gonna make you eat those words&#33;

And then he will eat you&#33;

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 04:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 09:30 PM</dd></dl><div> no

Tankasaurus Rex is gonna make you eat those words&#33;

And then he will eat you&#33; [/quote]
He's like, what are you a T-Rex or something?

And I'm like yeah, I'm a T-rex. You got a problem with that?

He's all I'm gonna kick your ass&#33;

SO I ATE THAT BITCH&#33;

YEAH&#33; I'M A MOTHERFUCKING T-REX&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div> no

I wouldn't underestimate him still- if he's badass enough to rip open time portals to 65 million years ago, then he's definitely one to watch out for. :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:43 pm

disregard this post, I am an idiot
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 03:43 PM</dd></dl><div> disregard this post, I am an idiot [/quote]
Quoted for reference. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 09:43 PM</dd></dl><div> disregard this post, I am an idiot [/quote]
ok

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:51 pm

what of wildcard weapons like a vertical disc that is mounted ON a wedge for added effect, should this be considered a weapon that needs a wedge and therefor gets the bonus?

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Jul 18 2013&#44; 06:58 PM</dd></dl><div> My other idea is that if a bot has multiple wedges, then much like the active weapon rule, the wedge stat is divided by the amount of wedges it has (This could include skirts) So a bot with two wedges (Seeming as every bot these days has 2 wedges or more) with an 8 wedge stat will have it divided between the two. [/quote]
What does a circular wedge count as?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy