FRR: No Mercy - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:33 pm

While the exact entry deadline is to be determined at present (with LoRE currently ongoing and Ruination on the horizon after that), we can at least begin to discuss possible entries and other relevent topics for 6th FRR tournament here.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Awesome!!!

Entries?

LW: Troubloon, BlackRose, or the unfinished Airazor concept
MW: Jinx or Solve Et Coagula
HW: Killobite
SHW: Industrial Bastardization or Parental Advisory: Explicit Content
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Copy + paste

Improve Murder & Slaughter.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Wait hold on. There's complaints about this opening? Shellshocking... :wat:

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 16 2013&#44; 05:14 PM</dd></dl><div> Wait hold on. There's complaints about this opening? Shellshocking... :wat: [/quote]
I think it's just that it's come at a time where there's all these competitions happening at once with more to come, like LORE, Ruination, Day of Wreckening, and the like, so quite a lot to keep track of.

But looking beyond it, count me in most definitely. Considering how successful the previous FRR was, and all the current interest in ARC at the moment, it should be absolutely fantastic. :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 pm

To be fair, with something like Day of Reckoning as a one weight class tournament essentially functioning as a "breather league" while still keeping interest/activity going, it's not really as bad as it seems.

And again, FRR is still a ways off. I just figured I'd get the early buzz going.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 16 2013&#44; 05:38 PM</dd></dl><div> To be fair, with something like Day of Reckoning as a one weight class tournament essentially functioning as a "breather league" while still keeping interest/activity going, it's not really as bad as it seems.

And again, FRR is still a ways off. I just figured I'd get the early buzz going. [/quote]
Aye, and that's good. Personally, I think it's great to see us planning ahead with these competitions to keep interest on ARC going. With it, we should also continue to attract new members, and by extension, new competitors, which'll be greater still. :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Well I for one am incredibly grateful for all the tournaments and activity going on here. And really. Three tournaments at once? Seriously, Badnik? Ruination isn't starting until LoRE is over and FRR will prob begin after that. It's not like they're happening all together.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 pm

I dunno, maybe I'll use Shade Fist for this or something.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I'll have to see what I can make for it, too. Perhaps if I vary my options in other Weight Classes a bit, I think I could give Flatline a shot at it after coming across him again in the ICR thread. I'd hate to waste such a design, and I can see good things coming from him with proper stat allocation.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm not entirely sure what I could enter here. I would love to give Scatterbrain another shot, but I imagine he really would fall flat like he did during CBBR. Perhaps I'll have a think about some new designs for this one.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:56 pm

I would love to enter new designs, but other than Airazor and Solve Et Coagula I've got nothing in the pipeline. :/

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 am

I've already got a new LW design in mind for this one and generally know what I want to do for HW and SHW. MW is the big question mark for me.

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:40 am

It's funny but I may actually have a completely different team of bots for this than what I entered in LORE.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:01 pm

change the name to None Mercy imo