LoRE Power Ratings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:27 AM</dd></dl><div>how it can be so that such a design can do well whilst the aforementioned two just aren't.[/quote]I still think you're just complaining that Conqueror lost to it, but in any case, Not Very Nice defeated Cheetah and Spin Cycle as well. However, one of Zombie Killer's wins WAS against Not Very Nice, as well, and Kite got a forfeit win.

I don't see you complaining that you lost to Recovered, which is a similar design but with a wedge as well.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:27 AM</dd></dl><div>I wasn't blaming him for that. And to be honest, it's semi serious- I mean, it's always good to see newer members make a strong run in their debut competition, but it was more wondering aloud how it can be so that such a design can do so well whilst the aforementioned two just aren't.[/quote]To be fair ZK did defeat Mr. NVNLW. Nonetheless that kind of logical reasoning doesn't really hold much water in CFL. Plus there's been plenty of times where a bot that was overlooked early on was still able to have great success. I mean look no further than Falling Down back in Armageddon. Overall poor preseason projections and it only narrowly lost in the Finals.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>The name's daft? I'm sorry but that's idiotic thinking. Not Very Nice implies he's not gonna be nice to you. Fair enough because this is ROBOT COMBAT. On top of that, he can name it whatever the fuck he wants. Just like I can name my HW Cutie Honey and Josh can name his MW Harbinger and so on and so forth.[/quote]
This is actually a good point. Considering that most of the bot names I've ever used have been direct references, it's refreshing to see some original names. And I think it's kind of a fun name at that. Granted a bit less so when he originally was going to use it in every weight class and just cycle the weight class at the end of the name but I digress.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:31 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:27 AM</dd></dl><div>how it can be so that such a design can do well whilst the aforementioned two just aren't.[/quote]I still think you're just complaining that Conqueror lost to it, but in any case, Not Very Nice defeated Cheetah and Spin Cycle as well. However, one of Zombie Killer's wins WAS against Not Very Nice, as well, and Kite got a forfeit win.

I don't see you complaining that you lost to Recovered, which is a similar design but with a wedge as well.[/quote]Fair points. Although just as a slight correction, I actually won against Recovered.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Fair points. Although, I actually won against Recovered.[/quote]Alright, my mistake.

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:37 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Fair points. Although, I actually won against Recovered.[/quote]Alright, my mistake.[/quote]No worries, man.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by playzooki » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:38 am

wait kite got an ff win against me?

Im pretty sure he won by jd

That Kode Guy

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:38 AM</dd></dl><div>wait kite got an ff win against me?

Im pretty sure he won by jd[/quote]No, Kite never fought NVN. He won a FF to Cheetah. Implying that Kite is even less competent then any other LW save Spin Cycle, lol.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:40 AM</dd></dl><div>Implying that Kite is even less competent then any other LW save Spin Cycle, lol.[/quote]We'll see. ZK and Kite have their big incompetence showdown in week 9&#33; :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:42 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:40 AM</dd></dl><div>Implying that Kite is even less competent then any other LW save Spin Cycle, lol.[/quote]We'll see. ZK and Kite have their big incompetence showdown in week 9&#33; :v: [/quote]I'll show you&#33; :v:

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:47 am

Cue the epic showdown music&#33;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEXK0jjf-K0
Mario Strikers Charged Football- Petey Piranha's theme
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

for Kite vs. Zombie Killer?

nah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWvWRfiQvs

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 am

Good choice, but I'd assumed you'd wanted something less serious for if it was an "Incompetence Showdown". Still, can't go wrong with a bit of Mutant Plant Calypso. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 am

You want incompetence?

They both fall apart and this sound plays. :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:55 am

And then the Kerosene Oysters appear in the middle of the Arena and do a dance as the two are being removed from the Arena, right? :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am

No, that'd be messy. You know the crewbots have to tidy the arena up for the next fight, right? :P