LoRE Season 1: Preseason Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:44 pm

It's that magical time of the season again!

My picks for playoff spots:

LW:
1)TSA 3
2)Kite
3)Conqueror
4)Zombie Killer
5)Annoying Box Rush
6)Recovered

MW:
1)Give Way
2)Luna
3)Decapitator
4)Influenza
5)WhipCoil
6)Automaton

HW:
1)Dead Ringer for Love
2)Shadow Zone Forever
3)Truth or Consequences
4)Punch Buggy
5)Cryoseism
6)Parasite

SHW:
1)Hephaestus
2)Tali'Zorah
3)F-Dynasty
4)Black Mamba
5)Teresa
6)Phantasmic Slammer
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Two Thirds and a Fourth, eh? That seems pretty good so far. No placing for the Bomb's a tiny bit worrying, though.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I didn't number them at all. Those are just who I think is going to make the playoffs. XD
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 am

D:

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 am

Josh's STONE COLD LEAD PIPE LOCKS!

LW:

Big B Division:
1. Conqueror: This is a great division for Conqueror. I'll be shocked if he can't lock up a playoff spot.

2. Kite: I loves me a good, high-powered flipper and Kite has a great shape and great stats.

3. Servant's Assistant 3: I underrated it last season (and unfortunetly I turned out to be correct), but I'm seeing a nice rebound for him this season.

4. Turgor: This thing is riding a similar concept that AM3 was using in Crazy Bots and it picked up some nice wins doing so.

5. SNK: It's on the generic side as far as spinner design's go, but what I think will cost it is all the other rammers in the division.

6. Jesus Built My Hotrod: I like the concept and it looks really cool, but it got stuck in a division with a lot of wedges that it can't really protect itself against.

7. Spin Cycle 2: 20 Weapon Power? No, just no! It's going to self-destruct worse than Suicide Bomber ever did!

Hot Stuff Division
1. Recovered: This thing feels like a cross between Chris' bots Hot Shot and Nuclear Mouse. I like that.

2. Annoying Box Rush: ABR is back for more fun. It sports that lifting for system that could be a pain, but there are some drive questions. Well SpatNick has made it work before.

3. Zombie Killer: Back and more of a jerk than ever. A great wedge and great drive.

4. Mr. Not Very Nice LW: A fast hitting thwacker. Not much to dislike here.

5. Dr. Pepperdine: Zero wedge? I don't care that you drew a plow and wedges, you CAN NOT get under ANYTHING with no wedge points.

6. Crystal: The shape of the bot really worries me. It's got the speed to get in a few flips, but it looks hella unstable.

7. Cheetah: It's kinda like a poor man's Russination, but with a worse wedge... and weaker armor.

MW:

Touro Division:
1. Luna: Can anyone NOT named Kody give a good reason not to rank Luna #1? I doubt it.

2. Give Way: I like the versitilty of the design on paper, we'll see if he can live up to it in action.

3. SWARM: Predicting multi's is tough, but I can safely say he'll be annoying and I don't think it'll be out of the question to see him in the playoffs.

4. Harbinger: THIS HURTS YOU! Well, we'll see. The thwack and wedge/clamp diversity could be a real asset, but it's a tricky division for him.

5. Decapitator I'm not really feeling that 1 powered wedge... or the main body getting hit by a weapon/hazard for that matter.

6. Terminus: History would tend to not favor him, but I think the bigger issue is a slightly weak weapon.

7. Golden Destiny 2: It's a somewhat plain hammerbot that happens to be stuck in a tough division.

Doom On You Division:
1. Influenza: Clown Breath no more. Now it's going to kill everyone to make up for that dork age. It still needs to worry about getting flipped over, but there's not much here that could manage it.

2. Whipcoil #decimals: Design-wise it looks great. The stats are kind of hit and miss for me. I like better control in a wedge bot, but I still see it doing well.

3. Automaton: Speedy, wedgey, and tough. A great combination to have when your in against some tough spinners.

4. Good For It: A high-powered disc that should be able to cause a lot of havoc. It's just slightly on the slow side.

5. Handle With Care: Nothing wrong with a good drumbot, it just has to be careful with wedges. Otherwise I like the stats.

6. Caliente: AM3 to the rescue again! I always get nervous about big exposed wheels though.

7. Sword of Justice: A decent puncher, but it will get eaten alive by anything with a wedge, or a good weapon.

HW:

Sewer Snake Division:
1. Dead Ringer For Love: I'm taking a flyer on this guy putting him at the top, but I'm very intreagued by it's weapon system and I see it doing very well.

2. Chemical X: It's tough, has a great shape and an absolutly unappealing paint job. All the makings of a playoff bot.

3. Shadow Zone... FOREVER!: As brick-y and versitile as ever, SZF is going to be one tough customer to deal with.

4. Truth or Consequences: It trades a bit of wedge and weapon power to beef up it's armor and drive a bit. We'll see if ToC can get back to it's former glory.

5. Lightning Bolt: A powerful spinner, but it's kind of hurt by the fact that it's going to go FLYING after every hit.

6. Mr. Death: I like the stats by and large, but the design feels a bit too generic.

7. Flame Byxis: Forget SteveOUT, this is a Brushhog knockoff. The real issue though is the catastrophically OVAL disc. Yikes.

Last Rites Division:
1. Cryoseism: This thing scares the crap out of me. Great weapon, some nice speed and not much out there that could flip it over.

2. Parasite: Parasite gets more deadly looking every tournament it enters. That's bad news for everyone else.

3. Bulletproof Bomb: It's been a good while since that ARC vs. GTM tournament and this still the most boring looking piece of shit out there. COLOR MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU USE IT? On a serious note, the stats are pretty improved and it's a sturdy design.

4. Punch Buggy: Alex's answer to Aggressive Blood Cell. ABC did well, but that was years ago, can Alex emulate that sucess now?

5. Fragmentor: A fairly standard horizontal spinner, but it should have great recovery time. It's a bit on the slow side though...

6. Chocolate: A horizontal spinner with height issues. It just doesn't have the speed to consistantly scoop up people on that plow.

7. StrAtA: The main issue here is how high off the ground the disc is. It'll have a tough time hitting a lot of bots.

SHW:

Ziggy Division:
1. F-Dynasty: A decidely anti-spinner design, it also should stand up pretty well against other wedges.

2. Tali'Zorah: A tough and versitile brick design. Spinners will hate that roller, and the wedge can help against the other rammers.

3. Hephaestus: Somewhat generic, but it packs a punch and can take a hit. It just needs to be careful about those exposed wheels with other spinners around.

4. Barracuda: A pretty cool hammer design, but with high powered spinners and faster rammers around, I'm a bit worried about it's ability to keep up.

5. Masheen: It's amazingly tough, but kinda slow which may make it tough to get that flipper in play.

6. Ring a Ring of Roses: Ring spinners! It's a little bit slow, but can dish out some hurt with that weapon power.

7. Baphomet: Flamethrower! Eh, unfortunetly that's basically wasted points. On the bright side it can still take some hits.

The Judge Division:
1. Black Mamba: Pick a rammer, any rammer. Okay I'll pick Black Mamba. It had a great showing in Crazy Bots, no reason to expect less here.

2. Phantasmic Slammer: Still as low and annoying as ever. The only real downsides are some potential control issues and low (for a rammer) torque.

3. MDU: Go to hell. :P It's going to be flying around a lot, but it's going to tear shit up along the way.

4. Teresa: Well I love the design, but it has a slew of tough opponets. Ultimatly it'll be a dark horse candiate for the playoffs.

5. Murder and Slaughter: An interesting multi-bot combo. It could cause some headaches for it's opponents. The armor values kinda hurt it though.

6. Nine: It doesn't have ideal control to get the most out of the design. There's just too many other great wedges around.

7. Tankasaurus Rex: I guess Martjin can't resist a good comedy entery. It could do okay maybe, but I'm not seeing it.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 am

Well, let's see...

Team Zlayerz predictions

Lightweights

BIG B

1. The Servant's Assistant 3
Intimidating clampbot with the armour and drivetrain to stand out. No longer a flop.

2. SNK
Will stand out as the spinner who thrashed his opponents.

3. Jesus Built My Hotrod
Lack of wedge will hurt him, but don't underestimate the pure speed of this rambot.

4. Kite
That's a nice flipper, but not of too much use considering the opponents. The armour isn't bad though.

5. Conqueror
Very concerned about the huge length, which will make it hard for him to manoeuvre around well. Otherwise, he's a contender.

6. Turgor
He's new, I guess, and with that comes the newcomer stigma. But there's also that horrible speed-traction disparity to worry about; if anybody gets by his wedge, he's toast.

7. Spin Cycle 2
20 weapon? Hell no.

HOT STUFF

1. Annoying Box Rush
Goddamn eight wedges! Although I'm STILL confused by "The power of the forks is determined by the average of the wheels and traction stats, just as a translational spinner's power would be." I'd like an explanation on that, if you please.

2. Zombie Killer
HE'S BAAAACK... and is really fucking intimidating. I mean look at him. How the hell can you defeat that? The answer... be Annoying Box Rush. :P

3. Recovered
The Thwacking Head's offspring. Thwackbots are annoying little bastards and Recovered has the potential.

4. Mr. Not Very Nice LW
A step down from Recovered because of no wedge. However, the points put in weapon power will allow this crafty thwackbot to translate across the floor. And he's very tough.

5. Crystal
T-Minus clone, right here. I mean sure, the flipping arm is really thin. Then again, how many bots, even the renowned MW Hazard, managed to avoid it? He'll be outdone by the bots above though.

6. Cheetah
It's Pursuit all over again. Most of the torque points really should have been put in other categories though. Especially armour, he's not the best armoured. Plus if he's flipped, there goes pretty much everything.

7. Dr. Pepperdine
Alex, what the fuck, man. Both NO wedge effectiveness and the short range on the hammer are going to totally fuck his shit up. He better aim for the sides of his opponents and pray to God he wins by a KO. As far as I can tell, the only one he'd be able to beat in this division is the Mr. Not Very Nice LW. And even that's slim at this point.

Middleweights

TOURO

1. Luna
Crazy powerful ring spinner with decent speed? No wonder people rank her so high.

2. Give Way
I fucking love innovation. And when you combine innovation AND effectiveness, this is where the fuck it gets you (TONY :P). That thing will be absolute HELL to RP against. And Martijn knows what he's doing. The only thing that gete me worried are the exposed wheels. A dedicated spinner can rip those things off with enough hits.

3. S.W.A.R.M.
Yeow! Hot Bees! 2.0. What they lack in stats, they make up for in power. The problemhere is that something with all-around wedging (Give Way, for example) will render them pretty much useless.

4. Terminus
Do my eyes deceive me? Is that my former middleweight? It will be fun fighting my own robot, I guess. He should do far better here, and has just enough weapon power to do some nice damage.

5. Harbinger
The jaws are a bit funky, but they should work. What really gets my attention is that giant-ass thwack, and enough torque to outpush most other robots. He's also a wide mofo that's hard to control. That said, he should have a field day trying to control he own opponents...

6. Golden Destiny 2
Axes! I like axes! But most of everything will get under it due to the overall funky shape of it.

7. Decapitator
It's the new Marauder. :P But seriously. Anything that doesn't get under it and boss it around (Luna or S.W.A.R.M.) will rip it to shreds.

DOOM ON YOU

1. Influenza
Houston, I think we're fucked.

2. Automaton
Last competed in FRR: Dead Zone. He would have done better, had he actually shown up for his fights. But make no mistake, this guy's hard to beat.

3. Good For It
I'll be nice and put this guy here. He's decent in speed and has a nice weapon. Armour is what stands out and other spinners (that aren't Influenza) will have trouble with him.

4. WhipCoil 4.5
Not feeling this version as much as a few of the other versions, but he should still do reasonably well.

5. Caliente
That speed-traction dispairty is going to destroy him. Otherwise, 8 wedge? Holy shit. 9 armour? Holy shit.

6. Handle With Care
Your garden-variety drumbot. He'll do well if he doesn't get wedged or run into horizontal spinners. Oh wait...

7. Sword of Justice
I really would have invested in some wedge here. Seriously, I actually do like the design but he's not going to do much.

Heavyweights

SEWER SNAKE

1. Dead Ringer for Love
Martijn does it again. Don't expect mercy.

2. Shadow Zone Forever
The ex-champ is back and he wants revenge. The competition this time is far superior than before, though, so he'll have to fight for it.

3. Chemical X
Another decent flipper.

4. Truth or Consequences
ANOTHER decent flipper.

5. Lightning Bolt
Nearly overpowered, kinda out of control, has an unneccessary torque point, but still good.

6. Flame Byxis 230WD
MY OVALS!!!

7. Mr. Death
I'll be more convinced when it actually starts winning fights. It has great stats but the drawing is terrible.

LAST RITES

1. Cryoseism
All the fucking spinners. Christ.

2. Parasite
I was tempted to give Parasite the top spot, but Cryoseism's pure power just could demolish Parasite. Otherwise, Parasite will also do the demolishing.

3. Punch Buggy
I mean, fuck, come on. It's a thwackbot with ridiculous range and cambered wheels. And spikes. And Underall-wedges. And it's purple. And...

4. Bulletproof Bomb
He'll be able to handle most of the spinners. Maybe. When he runs into the wedges is where he's get into trouble.

5. StrAtA
Okay, I'm sorry for ranking it so low, but vertical spinners don't tend to do so well because of the limited attack range. However, this thing is fucking amazing.

6. Fragmentor
Nice but speed and traction could have been balanced at 5 apiece. Otherwise he's very decent. God damn it, so many good bots in this division and I have to rank some low... :(

7. Chocolate
...that weapon is not going to come into play at all. Or is it? Who knows? At least the weapon is powerful enough without being TOO overkill.

Superheavyweights

ZIGGY

1. Barracuda
...how the fuck are you supposed to beat this thing? That's the question everybody is going to be asking. And with this, it seems Spatula will get all his bots into the play-offs. Who saw that coming? I did.

2. Hephaestus
Awesome bar spinner, very intimidationg. Will be interested to see how far he goes. For Scorpion Bite' sake!

3. Tali'Zorah
ONOZ TEH ROLLUHR!!!!!1112 In all seriousness that thing could be a massive detriment to any spinner out there and she's got the wedging to fend off many-a-robot out there.

4. F-Dynasty
Eight-wheeled behemoth. That's all I can say.

5. Ring a Ring of Roses
Solid ring spinner. Could use more speed though, but that's just me.

6. Masheen
It's a very decent tank-like flipper but it's far too slow, which is a shame.

7. Baphomet
Flamethrowers!!! ...don't help it at all. Again, unneeded torque too!!! But it's still fairly competitive, which is why I kinda bad putting it last.

THE JUDGE

1. Black Mamba
I'm sorry I ranked your other robots pretty low, GF93. But you nailed this one. I mean, it's fucking Biohazard for god sakes. I hated Biohazard, but only because he made my favourite robots look like shit. :P Expect no less from Black Mamba.

2. Phantasmic Slammer
And in the blue square... just kidding. But really, this guy and Black Mamba are the juggernauts. Mamba gets a higher rank due to the torque point which actually matters here. But don't look for Slammer to be a slouch.

3. Teresa
A very interesting weapon design compared with a plow set-up for spinners. It kinda of pales in comparison to the faster two bots above but should still do well, especially against those pesky spinners.

4. Murder Death Unit
MDU?!? Oh, nope, this ain't Mass Disctruction Ultimate. It's still a crazy spinner though, so watch your back. Any dedicated rammer however will curbstomp it.

5. Nine
I like the stats, the Tazbot feet, and the spikes.

6. Murder & Slaughter
At least they have decent wedge and drivetrain. Seriously though, the paint drawings... please improve.

7. Tankasaurus Rex
No.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 11:12 AM</dd></dl><div> 7. Decapitator
It's the new Marauder. :P But seriously. Anything that doesn't get under it and boss it around (Luna or S.W.A.R.M.) will rip it to shreds. [/quote]
...fuck.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
...improve...
[/quote]
Who am I, Picasso?

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 01:19 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
...improve...
[/quote]
Who am I, Picasso? [/quote]
They remind me too much of Sparkey's early drawings, friend...

But there's no need for hostility. That's just how I see it.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 01:19 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
...improve...
[/quote]
No, but you should strive to rise above the "Sparkey" level. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 05:22 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 01:19 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
...improve...
[/quote]
No, but you should strive to rise above the "Sparkey" level. :v: [/quote]
You can achieve this by RPing on time. =P

Also there seems to be a fair amount of confidence in my team, hopefully it's not misplaced. I'll see if I can get some predictions up soon.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Ah well, at least it seems that Mamba's one of the favourites here, so that's good to know. It's looking OK for Conqueror as well, but I'd had no idea that Decapitator would be considered the SFTW for the Middleweight Division. :(
ICE³ ROBOTICS

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 06:19 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
...improve...
[/quote]
it is ironic you decide to refer to a surrealist in your comment because Sparkey's robots always looked quite surreal to me

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 12:22 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 24 2013&#44; 01:19 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
...improve...
[/quote]
No, but you should strive to rise above the "Sparkey" level. :v: [/quote]
You havent seen my drawings on paper.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 pm

and dont complain about Kody's rating of your SHW Playzooki, its not like he put you last in your division, he gave me the honor&#33; show Tankasaurus Rex some respect damnit&#33;