Day of Wreckening- Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 pm

As a first foray into hosting competitions, I figured I'd have a go with a small HW-orientated competition. Something for us all to partake in, have a bit of fun, and of course the usual metal-shredding robot smashup that comes with it all.

I'll cover the rules and things in the signups thread, which will come afterwards, but it should generally be quite similar to this, but with the rules updated for modern standards-
http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4548.195
-for the time being though, feel free to chat about what you might enter and anything else that comes to mind. Discuss!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Awesome, I'm in. :cool:

Let's give Killobite another chance.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Good to hear! It'll be nice to see Killobyte back actually, haven't seen him for some time.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 pm

HW... these side tournies are always HW. :lol:

Well I suppose I can find SOMETHING to use in that weight class. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 28 2013&#44; 09:11 PM</dd></dl><div> HW... these side tournies are always HW. :lol:

Well I suppose I can find SOMETHING to use in that weight class. :P [/quote]
Personally, I blame Robot Wars and its lack of other weight classes. :v:

Good to see you here too, Josh. Hopefully we'll see the others appear, too. ^^
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Just came up with a great idea for retooling Intimidator, so it will be coming back.

Or I could enter a new 3-way multibot I've been toying with. Or The Trashy Strolling. Dunno.

Also can someone ban lefunnydogface before he completely wrecks the forum
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>May 28 2013&#44; 11:26 PM</dd></dl><div> Also can someone ban lefunnydogface before he completely wrecks the forum [/quote]
Done. What a retard.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed May 29, 2013 2:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 28 2013&#44; 09:13 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 28 2013&#44; 09:11 PM</dd></dl><div> HW... these side tournies are always HW. :lol:

Good to see you here too, Josh. Hopefully we'll see the others appear, too. ^^ [/quote]
That was my main thought about it, haha. I don't remember if Robot Wars HWs were the same weight limit as Battlebots HWs though.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>May 29 2013&#44; 02:24 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 28 2013&#44; 09:13 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 28 2013&#44; 09:11 PM</dd></dl><div> HW... these side tournies are always HW. :lol:

Good to see you here too, Josh. Hopefully we'll see the others appear, too. ^^ [/quote]
That was my main thought about it, haha. I don't remember if Robot Wars HWs were the same weight limit as Battlebots HWs though. [/quote]
Not in the earlier series from what I recall- it had a weight limit of about 85kg from Series 1-4, and was later increased to 100kg from Robot Wars Extreme and beyond.

But yes- thanks for sorting that out, Kody. Honestly, these people are absolutely pathetic to want to follow people onto here and continue to give them hell even as everything's being sorted out.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 am

fucking noodle man

biggest idiot i've ever seen
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:12 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>May 29 2013&#44; 06:08 AM</dd></dl><div> fucking noodle man

biggest idiot i've ever seen [/quote]
Agreed. If he's really as dissatisfied with his life as I've heard, perhaps he should actually go out and make something of it instead of just projecting his problems onto others. He's like a black hole for happiness, honestly.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 am

Anyway, confrontational matters aside- I know Killobyte's most likely going to return, but what's everyone got planned to enter?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 am

Depending on when this is slated to kick off I may draw up my new HW idea early for this.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:36 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>May 29 2013&#44; 08:47 AM</dd></dl><div> Depending on when this is slated to kick off I may draw up my new HW idea early for this. [/quote]
Sounds good, man. I'm entertaining the idea of entering Discord for it, actually.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed May 29, 2013 11:14 am

May enter mr death, depends on success