CBBR Pre-season Predictions Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 12:59 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 12:55 PM</dd></dl><div>
Nuh uh, no changing the stats, the sign up deadline has passed. It's only open cause I'm waiting for Spatula to correct an illegal bot. [/quote]
Which one's illegal? [/quote]
The bot itself isnt illegal, but the speed rule I've checked for and found nothing. If you have proof that the rule exists, show me it and I'll allow it.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Wait, please- I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I was just correcting an error, and I thought the deadline would be at midnight, like it usually is.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:01 PM</dd></dl><div> Wait, please- I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I was just correcting an error, and I thought the deadline would be at midnight, like it usually is. [/quote]
I guess we should have clarified the deadline rules to be fair, cause midnight is only for RP's usually.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:01 PM</dd></dl><div> Wait, please- I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I was just correcting an error, and I thought the deadline would be at midnight, like it usually is. [/quote]
I guess we should have clarified the deadline rules to be fair, cause midnight is only for RP's usually. [/quote]
Yes, that'd be appreciated for future competitions- just to make the deadline a bit clearer in case of instances like these.

Even still, it's not a major change- just removing the bonuses so I can make full use of the armour I had already.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:04 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:01 PM</dd></dl><div> Wait, please- I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I was just correcting an error, and I thought the deadline would be at midnight, like it usually is. [/quote]
I guess we should have clarified the deadline rules to be fair, cause midnight is only for RP's usually. [/quote]
Yes, that'd be appreciated for future competitions- just to make the deadline a bit clearer in case of instances like these.

Even still, it's not a major change- just removing the bonuses so I can make full use of the armour I had already. [/quote]
Very well, I guess I'll let it slide this time.

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

If you have concerns about a stat allocation, the time to bring that up is not after the deadline. ABR has been sitting in that thread for months.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
Oh you get the point, its the same rules as all classic ARC tournies (Im not good at describing things) Im also gonna do an FRA thing which is i will not enter bots into a tournie i made
[/quote]

The speed rule was used in Ruination. The issue never came up before then, as it had never been tried before. The logic behind it is the same as the rule that causes full body spinners to have .75 of their wheelpower as their implied weapon stat.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:05 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:04 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:01 PM</dd></dl><div> Wait, please- I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I was just correcting an error, and I thought the deadline would be at midnight, like it usually is. [/quote]

Even still, it's not a major change- just removing the bonuses so I can make full use of the armour I had already. [/quote]
Very well, I guess I'll let it slide this time. [/quote]
Excellent&#33; Thank you Lian, I'll do my best.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 06:07 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
Oh you get the point, its the same rules as all classic ARC tournies (Im not good at describing things) Im also gonna do an FRA thing which is i will not enter bots into a tournie i made
[/quote]

The speed rule was used in Ruination. The issue never came up before then, as it had never been tried before. The logic behind it is the same as the rule that causes full body spinners to have .75 of their wheelpower as their implied weapon stat. [/quote]
The FBS weapon power is the midpoint between their Speed and Traction rounded up. In Scatterbrain's case, it has a Weapon power of 9. I've never understood the forks too well, If they get the 0.75*Speed for their Wedge, how's their Weapon calculated?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 02:07 PM</dd></dl><div>If you have concerns about a stat allocation, the time to bring that up is not after the deadline. ABR has been sitting in that thread for months.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
[/quote]

The speed rule was used in Ruination. The issue never came up before then, as it had never been tried before. The logic behind it is the same as the rule that causes full body spinners to have .75 of their wheelpower as their implied weapon stat.[/quote]
What?

That .75 wheel power for spinners has NEVER been enforced as an actual rule so using at as the basis for logic doesn't hold water. Even still, you're making a logical leap, but it still has no concrete basis in the rules&#33; I can't really speak much to it's "acceptance" in Ruination since I never factored it in to any result I wrote for ABR.

The way I look at it there are three options:

1) Prove the rule ACTUALLY exists, which we now know it 100% doesn't.

2) Leave the stats as is and get raped by every other wedge in the tournament.

3) Change the stats to conform to the same rules used by EVERY OTHER BOT.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:11 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 06:07 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>
[/quote]

The speed rule was used in Ruination. The issue never came up before then, as it had never been tried before. The logic behind it is the same as the rule that causes full body spinners to have .75 of their wheelpower as their implied weapon stat. [/quote]
The FBS weapon power is the midpoint between their Speed and Traction rounded up. In Scatterbrain's case, it has a Weapon power of 9. I've never understood the forks too well, If they get the 0.75*Speed for their Wedge, how's their Weapon calculated? [/quote]
That's something I have to wonder about, as well. I mean, it's certainly a heck of a lot more confusing to decipher than just cutting to the chase and using standard Stat-powered Lifting/Flipping Spikes.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Kodster</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I dunno, actually. Me and Nick agreed on that the way his forks are attached to the drivetrain, that would give him a decent wedge effectiveness and somewhat of a weapon power at the cost of hindering his mobility somewhat.

I don't know if that's the rule that's displayed in the stats, but that's how I'm going to write results for it I guess, provided Nick RPs. You're free to take it as you want. :v:[/quote]

This is pretty much the only precedent for the rule. Kody and Josh informally adopted it and used it in their results for Ruination but didn't add it to the official rules.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>What?

That .75 wheel power for spinners has NEVER been enforced as an actual rule so using at as the basis for logic doesn't hold water.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:25 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Kodster</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I dunno, actually. Me and Nick agreed on that the way his forks are attached to the drivetrain, that would give him a decent wedge effectiveness and somewhat of a weapon power at the cost of hindering his mobility somewhat.

I don't know if that's the rule that's displayed in the stats, but that's how I'm going to write results for it I guess, provided Nick RPs. You're free to take it as you want. :v:[/quote]

This is pretty much the only precedent for the rule. Kody and Josh informally adopted it and used it in their results for Ruination but didn't add it to the official rules.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>What?

That .75 wheel power for spinners has NEVER been enforced as an actual rule so using at as the basis for logic doesn't hold water.

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Done, and done. No prob mate&#33;

I want to make sure I'm doing the walker stats right, since we're on the subject. Do walkers get a bonus? Different ARC tournies have handled that differently.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:32 PM</dd></dl><div> Done, and done. No prob mate&#33;

I want to make sure I'm doing the walker stats right, since we're on the subject. Do walkers get a bonus? Different ARC tournies have handled that differently. [/quote]
Walkers do get 36 points, just their speed and traction cannot exceed 9 combined.

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:39 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Mar 20 2013&#44; 01:32 PM</dd></dl><div> Done, and done. No prob mate&#33;

I want to make sure I'm doing the walker stats right, since we're on the subject. Do walkers get a bonus? Different ARC tournies have handled that differently. [/quote]
Walkers do get 36 points, just their speed and traction cannot exceed 9 combined. [/quote]
MDU is safe then&#33; Good to know.