CBBR Pre-season Predictions Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:22 am

Post here about your predictions for the tournament, of course this will be edited once GF93 and MassimoV get their bots in. But for the time being, here's how I see the league standings to be...

LW's

1st: The Mercenary: The reason I placed him first is cause of how great the principles are in this bot, under perfect control of itself, has a good lifter and fantastic wedge and armour. This bot will be difficult to beat.

2nd: Black Rose: A former champion with a lifter and 2 wedges on one side! With a great wedge stat it will definitely make the playoffs in my book. Plus with 8 wedge points, you cheap little shite! :P

3rd: The Servant's Assistant 2: Much better than the last incarnation, lower, sleeker and more deadly, should be a good contender

4th: Dr Robotnik: My rival returns to shred the class to bits, but how will it deal with bricks and an all new TSA?

5th: Conqueror: Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic design, but with many other designs here, like TSA and Robotnik, he could just miss out.

6th: Slither: Looks great, should be lethal and very effective against the opposition. Should provide a good challenge for the playoffs

7th: Annoying Box Rush: The current Ruination finalist will have it's work cut out here, how will the forks fare up to the wedges this season. Especially Black Rose's?

8th: Scatterbrain: The Y-Thwack bot is coming up against some tough competition with brick rammers abound, but he should provide a good challenge to it's enemies.

9th: Squared: I'm sorry MassimoV, but Squared might get curbstomped this season

MW's

1st: Whipcoil 4: Why? Cause the improvements fucking own! I think this version should be able to breeze through to the playoffs, but a few more points in traction would not hurt.

2nd: Revolutions Per Minute: The only spinner in the MW division, but that could be a blessing in disguise for NFX, as everyone will have to focus on RPing against bricks with spinner killer designs. But RPM should still kick ass on it's way to the semis

3rd: Jinx: The FRR: Dead Zone MW champion is back, and should be able to put the clamp on it's enemies with it's lifter and axe combo. But with the low speed and wedge in this division... Oh dear

4th: Nuclear Mouse: Fast, lifter, thwacker. What more could you possibly want? Though he may be a little bit out of control of himself, he should handle his enemies handily

5th: Merry Hampton BR: Using Copperhead principles, he looks to ram his way through to the play offs, he could make it, but I'm not so sure.

6th: Marauder: A great spinner killer tracked design, I really wanna say it would make the playoffs, but it's a spinner killer and doesn't seem like it would be able to handle bricks like Merry Hampton BR and WhipCoil 4 with it's lack of speed and wedge... Sorry man

7th: Sarge: Yeah, I placed him here, sue me motherfuckers :P Anyways, despite that 8 wedge, he is a bit slower than other bots who could outmaneuver him

8th: Stingray: It's a good concept, with new upgrades, but slow speed? Your buggered my friend

9th: Angered Mystery 3: Fast as fuck, but uncontrolled as hell, doubt it will pick up many wins.

HW's

1st: Pursuit: The only bot so far in the HW division that does have a spinning weapon. (Besides ToC) I'm not putting it here cause of that, but it's an insanely fast brick that will be in full control of himself on the offensive, but the lack of wedge could hurt against a bot like ToC

2nd: Waterloo Sunset: Fucking brilliant looking bot, should do great against it's enemies, but with the four places getting bonus armour, his base armour is 4

3rd: Klarrinette: And invertible tracked robot with two spinning rings dishing out 12 damage each, should be a good contender, but has to worry about loads of spinners, but should do well.

4th: Truth Or Consequences: The veteran and ARC hall of famer returns to action. In this division, he'll have to use that anti spinner plate like mad if he wants to stand a chance, but I reckon he could slow the spinners down enough to flip them over.

5th: Parasite: This double bar spinner returns under much better control of himself, maybe he'll be able to shake off the early exit from Ruination and destroy bots here.

6th: Malevolence 2: The improvement is fucking bossly! That bar should rip into the bots. But I seriously do question the low traction stat, he'll be pinballing like fuck, and that may be it's undoing

7th: Spectrum Of Eternity: Should do much better than the placing I've given it, a good concept of a lethal yet fast spinner, but one flip from a bot like Truth or Consequences and he's done.

8th: Heart Of Darkness: While a good concept, that pit is a problem, due to 30 second holding rules, how will bots get out? Also, it could be a little faster, but should do well.

9th: Predator: I really hope this bot proves me wrong, but I'm just not seeing it, sorry man.

Super Heavyweights

1st: Tax Cutter: Low and fast and lethal as fuck, nuff said....

2nd: Phantasmic Slammer: This bot has been eliminated from 2 semi finals in succession, he hopes to go all the way this time. He should gain 2nd at least in the league section, as why I placed it here. But Tax Cutter is a problem.

3rd: Ganymede: Good speed, omni wheel drive, and a fucking lethal spinning ring, I'm scared to fuck about fighting it.

4th: Final Boss: Bricky, very good wedge and skirting almost the whole way round, he should be a worry for all comers in this tournament.

5th: Atomic Steel: A great next step look at a what a future Diesector may have looked like, should be effective. But that wedge may face problems against bots like Phantasmic Slammer and Final Boss

6th: Black Mamba: *Gets shot* It should do better than my predictions, prove me wrong dude!

7th F-Dynasty/F-Sangre: A brick in his own right, head to head deadlocks with other rammers and he should outpush them, but that will happen rarely

8th: MDU: The CAD looks awesome! But I'm still sceptical about it's chances, prove me wrong dude

9th: Fiesta! Ciesta! All Night Long!: Slow, low traction, wasted torque point. Need I say more?

Prove me wrong bitches!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:40 am

Hmm, Sixth for Marauder isn't so good. With its great traction/armour, decent weaponry and difficulty to keep pinned down, I thought it'd be a tiny bit higher.

Don't worry about the other three though, I'll have them ready as soon as I can. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 09:40 AM</dd></dl><div> Hmm, Sixth for Marauder isn't so good. With its great traction/armour, decent weaponry and difficulty to keep pinned down, I thought it'd be a tiny bit higher.

Don't worry about the other three though, I'll have them ready as soon as I can. :P [/quote]
True, I wanted to say higher, but it's just the speed and the wedge, brick rammers could just drive in underneath and slam you about, especially Merry Hampton BR with his removable Copperhead fangs.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 am

Yes, that was always going to be a concern. However, wedges are only really useful if you can actually use them- with some of the ones I've seen, that's where Marauder's great traction pays off.

Even with about 5 speed (About 10mph, if 1 point = 2 miles per hour), it's by no means the slowest, and its superior traction for its tank tracks means it'll have better-than-average control and ability to keep opponents under its command- that'll be key against designs like Jinx 2 and Harlem Heat, I feel.

That, and both the reliability/grip of its tracks and the protection offered by its thick armour will allow it to survive well against some of the rammers- take a licking and keep on kicking, if you will. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 am

I figured out that every point of speed is equal to 2.25 mph, which gives you about 11mph for Marauder. I think Pursuit has 18mph, iirc.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 11:13 AM</dd></dl><div> I figured out that every point of speed is equal to 2.25 mph, which gives you about 11mph for Marauder. [/quote]
Ah, even better&#33; Thanks for that, Nick- considering that Tornado's top speed was about 10mph and now that it's been established that Marauder is slightly faster than it, it's definitely a pretty good clip for a tracked robot. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Wow, thanks for the #1 spot in the MWs man XD
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 12:39 PM</dd></dl><div> Wow, thanks for the #1 spot in the MWs man XD [/quote]
Ah, but with our upcoming MW fight- Spikes On, I could put them through those big old wheels quite nicely. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:15 pm

You gotta get around my jaws first. XD
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
It's manageable, I think- after all, the speed difference isn't too massive, Whipcoil's pretty thin, and I've got the better control to boot. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
It's manageable, I think- after all, the speed difference isn't too massive, Whipcoil's pretty thin, and I've got the better control to boot. :P [/quote]
Better control don't always mean everything. But how would you counter a head on collision with Whipcoil :P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
It's manageable, I think- after all, the speed difference isn't too massive, Whipcoil's pretty thin, and I've got the better control to boot. :P [/quote]
Better control don't always mean everything. But how would you counter a head on collision with Whipcoil :P [/quote]
I've already got a plan for that. Goes without saying, but it involves some of the natural advantages of my tracks. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:39 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
Better control don't always mean everything. But how would you counter a head on collision with Whipcoil :P [/quote]
I've already got a plan for that. Goes without saying, but it involves some of the natural advantages of my tracks. :P [/quote]
If your planning to drive over the top of him, you best hope that top jaw is down :P

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 02:40 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:39 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
I've already got a plan for that. Goes without saying, but it involves some of the natural advantages of my tracks. :P [/quote]
If your planning to drive over the top of him, you best hope that top jaw is down :P [/quote]
Monster-truckin' like a Stampedin' boss&#33;

:P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 02:51 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 02:40 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:39 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
If your planning to drive over the top of him, you best hope that top jaw is down :P [/quote]
Monster-truckin' like a Stampedin' boss&#33;

:P [/quote]
Nobody's falling for that twice. :lol:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.