League of Robotic Excellence: Season 1 discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 am

Well ToC's RP is up. Time to give Shadow Zone what for! :D
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Go ToC!

Mainly because i hate SZF for beating me like that. :P

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:12 pm

You wouldn't be the first to hate SZF. Hating SZF is so 2009.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I somehow saw Jesus losing that one again. I don't agree with the result at all, but it wasn't my decision, so I'm not going to complain. Besides, I know I went a bit far last time. Best of luck in the semis, Max, and hopefully I can make the finals with Cryoseism.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 pm

And there's Tali's RP up. Revenge time I hope!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div>You wouldn't be the first to hate SZF. Hating SZF is so 2009.[/quote]Indeed. Phantasmic Slammer's the one to hate, now. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:59 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 03:54 PM</dd></dl><div>Indeed. Phantasmic Slammer's the one to hate, now. :v: [/quote]What'd he do? :qq:

BEES

Post by BEES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 03:59 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 03:54 PM</dd></dl><div>Indeed. Phantasmic Slammer's the one to hate, now. :v: [/quote]What'd he do? :qq: [/quote]All Biohazard clones should be automatically hated by everyone. :v:

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Well Black Mamba is more of a Biohazard clone then Phantasmic Slammer is. :v:

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 04:03 PM</dd></dl><div>Well Black Mamba is more of a Biohazard clone then Phantasmic Slammer is. :v:[/quote]Difference is though, Mamba's cool. And doesn't need to rely on gaining 15-point damage advantages from scraping my paintwork to win. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 05:43 PM</dd></dl><div>Difference is though, Mamba's cool. And doesn't need to rely on gaining 15-point damage advantages from scraping my paintwork to win. :v: [/quote]Good luck trying to convince the writing staff the killsaws are ineffective.

Seriously, how is that not valid? Damage is calculated very specifically. How do you expect to get ANY damage points if you're not able to do anything? Slammer got you over the saws. That's far more damage than you inflicted the entire match. The point stands. Drop it.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 pm

That, and having been clownstomped by it four times in a row, of course. Four times, adapting and changing to fight it each time, and never getting anywhere near close to winning&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 9 2013, 05:51 PM</dd></dl><div>That, and having been clownstomped by it four times in a row, of course. Four times, adapting and changing to fight it each time, and never getting anywhere near close to winning&#33;[/quote]And does the ENTIRE FORUM need to hear your passive-aggressive whining about it?&#33; I'm sorry but you really need to stop that. Once again, do you hear me complaining much about Final Boss kicking my ass? No, I accept he's the better bot. And I don't bitch to the entire forum about it.

For the love of God, you brought the stupid Luna vs. Hubris grudge into your Decapitator RP, too, and you nearly got disqualified for it, due to arrogance. Instead Josh gave you some sympathy and wrote the match as normal.

Keep these shenanigans to yourself. I will not say it again...

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Alex.

Stop it.

We're ALL getting tired of this, including me. We have told you over and over and over again that there is no bias in the results, there is no vendetta against you, and the results are completely fair. But when we say the results are fair, we do NOT mean that every matchup has a 50/50 chance of going either way, because sometimes they just don't. We mean that design, stats and RP's are all taken into account, and the results are decided based on a combination of those. I cannot for the life of me work out why you seem tobe incapable of getting that into your head. Unless you've gone 4-0, you always seem to be complaining about some imaginary thing the writers have against you or your machines, sometimes even when you HAVE gone 4-0.

I lost my match against Turgor this week. I could have gone off on one like I did last time, but I didn't. Because a) it doesn't accomplish anything in the long run, b) it is incredibly disrespectful to the writing staff, and c) I would only come across as a sore loser. I might not agree with the decision that was made, but I will accept it, because I respect what the writing staff do, the fact that they know there will always be a winner and a loser, and there will always be someone who isn't happy with the outcome.

Ruination and FRR are both coming up soon, and I will be on the writing staff for both of those tournaments. And I do NOT want to have to go through this shit with you while I'm there. I can only imagine what Kody, Josh, Lian, et cetera have had to deal with on a personal level, but rest assured that if it happens with me, then I WILL be raising your warn level.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm

About that Luna grudge actually, I did say that I've stopped it, now. I did accept it was the better robot, and I was happy enough to just survive fighting against it with only the four armour.

Likewise, I never said anything about the Writing staff having grudges or anything against me. All I said was that it was frustrating to lose via something that'd normally be considered insignificant in a fight, and referenced it in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.
ICE³ ROBOTICS