League of Robotic Excellence: Season 1 discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm

That's why I have No Patrol in MW :dawg:

anyway, Apophis 3.0 is up. Not expecting it to take home a title but maybe it will make the playoffs or something...
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 pm

It reminds me of some of Ry_Trapp's stuff. Maybe it's the wedge shape and the wheels, but it's kind like a sturdier out-of-proportion Exotherm in a sense. I reckon it could do alright.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 22 2013&#44; 04:44 PM</dd></dl><div> It reminds me of some of Ry_Trapp's stuff. Maybe it's the wedge shape and the wheels, but it's kind like a sturdier out-of-proportion Exotherm in a sense. I reckon it could do alright. [/quote]
Yeah that's what I thought. Apophis looks pretty sweet too.

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:10 am

Lol I just spent like an hour browsing through my old threads and looking at all the shit I caused, and all the terrible MS paint bots I made three years ago or so. I have never felt so physically disgusted with myself in my entire life :P

also at one point I had apparently made like one or two spinner bot designs with accidental swastikas in them lmao. twelve year old me god damn.

EDIT: You know, to be fair it's a bit of a shame we have to associate something as simplistic as the shape of a Swastika with the Nazi's...Especially since it is, what, a Hindu peace cross or some shit like that? and obviously it isn't hard to accidentally incorporate a similar shape into the design of something else, which I ended up doing on the blade details of an early VS of mine.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:44 pm

tbh, I think that's it for the multi-bot. Anger Denial Acceptance was great while he lasted but... it's time to face the fact that it's going to die every match without a single laugh.

Which brings the question of "what MW do I enter now?" up. Jinx? Luna? Xianghua?

Or do I think of something new, but will probably be crap?
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 02:44 PM</dd></dl><div> tbh, I think that's it for the multi-bot. Anger Denial Acceptance was great while he lasted but... it's time to face the fact that it's going to die every match without a single laugh.

Which brings the question of "what MW do I enter now?" up. Jinx? Luna? Xianghua?

Or do I think of something new, but will probably be crap? [/quote]
I remember you saying you wanted to give Ultraviolence another go. Why not scale down Haze of Dread or something?

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Well. That was short-lived. Like it or not, Luna's back. :cool: Sorry Lian, Luna was basically Ultraviolence 2.0 anyway.

And no, birthday boy, it's not Woona. :P

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 04:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Well. That was short-lived. Like it or not, Luna's back. :cool: Sorry Lian, Luna was basically Ultraviolence 2.0 anyway.

And no, birthday boy, it's not Woona. :P [/quote]
Lovegood looks ready to lay the smackdown again. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 04:11 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 04:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Well. That was short-lived. Like it or not, Luna's back. :cool: Sorry Lian, Luna was basically Ultraviolence 2.0 anyway.

And no, birthday boy, it's not Woona. :P [/quote]
Lovegood looks ready to lay the smackdown again. :P [/quote]
Predictable...

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm

I don't pass up those kind of oppertunities. :lol:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 03:04 PM</dd></dl><div> And no, birthday boy, it's not Woona. :P [/quote]
As tempted as I am to start making Princess Luna references, I'll refrain from it. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 04:55 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 23 2013&#44; 03:04 PM</dd></dl><div> And no, birthday boy, it's not Woona. :P [/quote]
As tempted as I am to start making Princess Luna references, I'll refrain from it. :P [/quote]
*Whew* Tragedy averted. Everytime someone mentions that stuff my risk of Diabetes goes up. :v:

And speaking of my shortened life expectancy, I made some updates to my team. Even I hate myself.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:39 am

God forbid I ever get to fight ToC again, but lord knows that Zombie Killer hasn't competed in nearly enough seasons.

That said, I think this is my favorite of his designs.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:12 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Apr 24 2013&#44; 10:39 AM</dd></dl><div> God forbid I ever get to fight ToC again, but lord knows that Zombie Killer hasn't competed in nearly enough seasons. [/quote]
To be fair, Crazy Bots is ToC's 6th (major) tournament which ties the number Zombie Killer has competed in. ZK's were all consecutive so it feels like a lot more.

And I figured ToC/Tank was the only relevent match-up anyway. :P

Besides, we all know Tank is uber-tier these days and ToC has been doing his best to prove how obsolete he is since FRR 4, so what's the point? :v:

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:56 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 24 2013&#44; 10:12 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Apr 24 2013&#44; 10:39 AM</dd></dl><div> God forbid I ever get to fight ToC again, but lord knows that Zombie Killer hasn't competed in nearly enough seasons. [/quote]
To be fair, Crazy Bots is ToC's 6th (major) tournament which ties the number Zombie Killer has competed in. ZK's were all consecutive so it feels like a lot more.

And I figured ToC/Tank was the only relevent match-up anyway. :P

Besides, we all know Tank is uber-tier these days and ToC has been doing his best to prove how obsolete he is since FRR 4, so what's the point? :v: [/quote]
List of robots that are OP and should be banned:

Tank
Underall
Barrier
Zombie Killer when Underall isn't there.