Playoff Hunt

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Rankings updated for the playoff race. Only 2 weeks left!

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Babaganoush still looks good.

Pit Bull and Yellow Cloud are both in precarious positions right now. They both have to win BOTH of their next matches AND the bots that have one more win than them have to lose at least one of their next two. For Pit Bull, both Zombie Killer and Double Dose have to lose one of their next two; for Yellow Cloud, Eurypterus has to lose one of its next two. I may end up with just one representative in the playoffs.

Siphai

Playoff Hunt

Post by Siphai » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 14 2007&#44; 04:32 PM</dd></dl><div> Babaganoush still looks good.

Pit Bull and Yellow Cloud are both in precarious positions right now. They both have to win BOTH of their next matches AND the bots that have one more win than them have to lose at least one of their next two. For Pit Bull, both Zombie Killer and Double Dose have to lose one of their next two; for Yellow Cloud, Eurypterus has to lose one of its next two. I may end up with just one representative in the playoffs. [/quote]
Eurypterus have to lose one of my next two, which would most likely be against Road Rage. Even if I did, I would be tied with Yellow Cloud. If I read Josh's post right, I already beat Yellow Cloud earlier in the season which should act as the tie-breaker. So, I would have to lose both of my next matches, and you have to win both.

That's if I read Josh's post right ;)

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:41 pm

That's what Josh says, but Chris's first post says, there would have to be a tie-breaker match. So we'll see with one holds out.

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:23 pm

Actually Josh is right. Sorry about that confusion. I said that "tie breaker match" the first time I posted the rankings and then we talked and agreed that the tie breaker would be based on their fight against each other.

That might not be great news for you in the SHW, Philip, but might be in the LW since you won against Zombie Killer in the regular season. Josh and I were analyzing the LW and MW division races to death just after we posted the results. It actually looks pretty good for Pit Bull right now.

The only way there will be a tie breaker match is if it's a 3 way tie in which all three bots have beaten each other (ie: Adrenaline beat Tank, Tank beat Striker, Striker beat Adrenaline) which is very much a possibility in LW with Double Dose, Zombie Killer and Pit Bull. If this is the case, there will be a mini rumble to determine the playoff spot.

Minion33088

Playoff Hunt

Post by Minion33088 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:12 am

I guess my season is going better than I thought it was. It feels like a mediocre season, but I'm the number 3 ranked team...yet only one of my bots is locked in.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Playoff Hunt

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:02 pm

Yeah, all that playoff dicussion me and Chris had proved that my playoff hopes stand on the edge of a knife. I really have to be careful.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Well, then it's pretty much over for Yellow Cloud. Shame too. I really think YC is a decent bot, despite being boring and simplistic. Can I get a "Rammer Quartet"? No? Well, then can I get a doctor? I think I've been stabbed&#33;

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:56 am

I updated the playoff race with all the team and bot rankings. I might try to give an analysis for each class tomorrow or sometime. Meaning, go through each class and tell you where everybody stands and whose 100% at this point and how everyone else is doing.

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:48 pm

Here's your analysis:

LIGHTWEIGHT:

Red Zone has clinched it. Sovereign's facing Prodigy, who'll most likely Forfeit. So Sovereign's as good as in. If Prodigy RPs, most of this analysis goes out the window. Which brings us the other four bots who still have a shot.
-If Pit Bull loses to Novastorm, he has no chance at all.
-If Underall loses to Zombie Killer and Double Dose wins, Underall is out and so is Pit Bull, and Zombie Killer and Double Dose are the other two.
-If both Underall and Double Dose lose, Underall still clinches, but Double Dose is out. Underall and Zombie Killer will be your other two.
-If Underall wins, it clinches.
-If Zombie Killer loses and Double Dose wins, Double Dose grabs the fourth spot.
-If both Zombie Killer and Double Dose lose, there'll be a showdown match between Zombie Killer, Double Dose, and Pit Bull (Pit Bull's only chance, so please Siphai, RP for this fight like there's no mothafockin' tomorrow).

MIDDLEWEIGHT:

Initially, this division looked like a logistics nightmare, but I've done the work on it, and after discovering that while Rooster Teeth is also 6-4, it has no chance, since it has lost to everyone above it, except H&H, whom it fights this week. I quickly discovered that it all comes down to ONE fight, really.

Influenza has clinched. Even if it loses to Shockwave, it still has beaten the other four bots vying for a spot. Shockwave and AMP have both clinched, as well. I've done the math, and at this point, there's no way they can get knocked out. JAKT fights Bling 2K, who'll most likely forfeit. If Jason RPs and wins, this whole analysis goes out the bloody window.

-If My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World wins, it is the fourth. If it loses. JAKT is the fourth.

HEAVYWEIGHT:

Babaganoush has clinched it. Adrenaline has a good chance, since it fights Devil's Reject.
-If Striker wins, it has clinched a spot, which is likely since it fight's Andrew's Poly-Stone (aka FORFEIT).
-If Some Kind Of Monster loses, it's out, and Tank, Striker, and Adrenaline are the other three.
-If Tank AND Striker lose (in the rare instance Andrew RPs), one of two things will happen: either a four-way rumble between Tank, Striker, Adrenaline, and Some Kind Of Monster...OR.... Striker and Adrenaline clinch because between those four bots alone, both are 2-1, whereas Tank and SKOM will be 1-2, and Some Kind Of Monster is the fourth, having just beaten Tank.
-If Striker wins and Tanks loses, Tank is out, since it will have lost to both Adrenaline and Some Kind Of Monster; and the other three will be Striker, Adrenaline, and Some Kind Of Monster

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT:

Copperhead, Jack Frost, Japanese School Girl, and Eurypterus have clinched it. Even if Eurypterus loses and Yellow Cloud and Cascade both win, Eurypterus has beaten both Cascade and Yellow Cloud, so they can't overtake him.

P.S. I hope you guys appreciate this, since I did this during the time I normally do the Predictions. lol

Fish Of Doom

Playoff Hunt

Post by Fish Of Doom » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Great analysis. I think it's funny that SHW was basically decided like 3 weeks ago. It does not matter who wins and loses in SHW this week, we could even skip that entire class. It's also come down to 2 spinners vs. 2 pushers.

I didn't realize LW was so tight, i need to rp this week.

And MW, oh MW. I've beaten Shockwave, AMP, and Jackt. All I have to do this week is win and I'm in. If not, 3 bots that i've beaten go in instead and I will be taunting them from the stands because they know i'm better than them. HAHAHA&#33;

Minion33088

Playoff Hunt

Post by Minion33088 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Great analysis Philip, it would have been a nightmare for me to figure all that out.

BEES

Playoff Hunt

Post by BEES » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:34 am

Great breakdown. I'm a little worried about the concentration of spinners in the middleweight category. It's freakish. This will be interesting.

One thing though, how did Eurypterus manage to beat itself?

Siphai

Playoff Hunt

Post by Siphai » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:46 am

Eurypterus is so awesome, he created a time paradox in which he subsitutes Cascade for himself, and wins.

panicattacky2k

Playoff Hunt

Post by panicattacky2k » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:48 pm

And now, one problem for Pit Bull getting into the semis has been taken care of.

You're WELCOME, Philip.